+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi ! I will be finishing my 1095 days in Canada in Jan 2022. Planning to goto India, come back in March and then apply for citizenship. Question, if I were to get a job in USA and move there right after I send my application or at most until I get AOR, will it cause any issues later ? I have a relative here whose residential address will be my mailing address.
I checked this [https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5] and it says it should be okay but just wanted to confirm if anyone has knowledge of something gone wrong with a case like mine. Thanks :)
Yes it should be fine as long you follow the pointers laid in the IRCC link you shared above

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi All, I paid the application fee (2 adults + 2 kids together) - 1460$. Should I have 4 copies of the same receipt with each of the 4 applications?

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Thanks ! Another question on packaging and sending the apps (4 of them - 2 adults and 2 kids): I was thinking of putting each application in an envelope, and then putting the 4 envelopes in a bigger envelope. Looking for advice how others mailed it out to CPC?

Blessedgirl0808

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Just a question applying for my self and spouse. Should I be filling out the imm 5476 representative form if for any reason I need to call IRCC to follow up on application. Or is it that since we are a couple/family base application its treated as one and we don't need the representative form?

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello friends I am applying for citizenship and as they have this requirement that if you have lived more than 183 days outside Canada you need to attach police clearance certificate (pcc) of that country too and I have spent more than 183 days in Pakistan and now I am trying to get the certificate from my country and it will take around 2 to 3 months however I need advice from you guys should I submit my application without the certificate and once I will receive the pcc I will send it to immigration or should I wait for the certificate to get it and apply after? Please advice
Thanks!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks ! Another question on packaging and sending the apps (4 of them - 2 adults and 2 kids): I was thinking of putting each application in an envelope, and then putting the 4 envelopes in a bigger envelope. Looking for advice how others mailed it out to CPC?
I had put all the 4 applications in one large envelope
For each application I used a paper clip. I also used sticky notes strip with different colours to identify eg Passport, identification section etc

troller1994

Dec 2, 2021
Ah! Thanks, One more question, for this question

Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

What needs to be filled in?

Just the passport details?

Also, Since I am Indian, what should be the end date?

I just came to Canada, travelled a few times to States and once back in India.
Holding just India Passport

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Ah! Thanks, One more question, for this question

Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

What needs to be filled in?

Just the passport details?

Also, Since I am Indian, what should be the end date?

I just came to Canada, travelled a few times to States and once back in India.
Holding just India Passport
Hope this helps

Hanzmolar

Feb 5, 2016
Hello,
I have a question with regard to PCC. I understand that I should provide one if I spent 183 in any country other than Canada in the last 4 years.
When I complete the 1095 days required to apply fo citizenship this will be my situation.
1- 314 days in county A where I used to live and work and from where I applied for immigration and that was the address I wrote in my immigration application - It is not my home country
2- 51 days in my home country from where I travelled to Canada
3- 1095 days in Canada
Do I need to provide PCC from country A?

Last edited: