+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hey Guys,
Which carrier would you recommend to send the documents? Canada Post Xpress/Fedex or any other? In either services, would they be providing proof of delivery (signature receipt) on delivery?
Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey Guys,
Which carrier would you recommend to send the documents? Canada Post Xpress/Fedex or any other? In either services, would they be providing proof of delivery (signature receipt) on delivery?
Thanks!
I used Fedex. You'll have to request for the 'Signature' option and you'll likely pay a small extra fee for it.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hey Guys,
Thanks!
I used Canada Post Xpresspost. It took 2 working days and has signature on delivery for $23.47 (Tax inclusive).

Toon993

Oct 20, 2018
Hi there,
I need a bit of help - for question 5 I have a lone box that just won't be deleted (i.e., I have 4 entires and then an empty box with row 5.).I've tried doing it multiple times and saving,it still won't work). Should I just write N/A in pen after printing and explain in a LoE?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi there,
I need a bit of help - for question 5 I have a lone box that just won't be deleted (i.e., I have 4 entires and then an empty box with row 5.).I've tried doing it multiple times and saving,it still won't work). Should I just write N/A in pen after printing and explain in a LoE?
You can fill out a new form from a blank file with the appropriate number of boxes.

Toon993

Oct 20, 2018
You can fill out a new form from a blank file with the appropriate number of boxes.
Hi there,
I tried downloading a new form, entered all four addresses without adding a new row, but when I re-open, it automatically has a new row labelled '5'. What should I do?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi there,
I tried downloading a new form, entered all four addresses without adding a new row, but when I re-open, it automatically has a new row labelled '5'. What should I do?
Try this. Add 4 new rows to Q5 (including the first row, total number of rows = 5).

Fill in the information in rows 1,2,3,5 (leave row 4 empty). Now, remove row 4. You should only have 4 rows now with the required information.

Try this and let me know if it works.

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hey Guys,
Is there anyone who got citizenship photos from Staples? Along with their stamp, there’s a requirement of “Guarantor Signature” needed. Do we have to get someone as a guarantor to sign over there? According to the photographer we ourselves have to sign over there!
Any similar experience here ?

Thanks !

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey Guys,
Is there anyone who got citizenship photos from Staples? Along with their stamp, there’s a requirement of “Guarantor Signature” needed. Do we have to get someone as a guarantor to sign over there? According to the photographer we ourselves have to sign over there!
Any similar experience here ?

Thanks !
Huh? There is NO guarantor signature requirement for photos for your citizenship application.

Here are the official photo specifications and instructions.

I think you must have confused photo specifications and requirements for passport application with citizenship application. Guarantor signature is required only for passport application photos and NOT for citizenship applications.

Last edited:

Toon993

Oct 20, 2018
Try this. Add 4 new rows to Q5 (including the first row, total number of rows = 5).

Fill in the information in rows 1,2,3,5 (leave row 4 empty). Now, remove row 4. You should only have 4 rows now with the required information.

Try this and let me know if it works.
Hi,
Thank you for the response, so I did that but when I save and re-open the form again that pesky row is back. I tried switching computers too (i.e., from a mac to a windows with a brand new form) and the problem persists. Will the VO dismiss this if they receive it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,
Thank you for the response, so I did that but when I save and re-open the form again that pesky row is back. I tried switching computers too (i.e., from a mac to a windows with a brand new form) and the problem persists. Will the VO dismiss this if they receive it?
Here's a last resort.

DO NOT SAVE THE FORM BEFORE PRINTING.

Fill in all the information on the application form, double-check the information and then print it. DO NOT SAVE IT at any point before printing. Once you've printed the form, re-check the information on the printed form and then save the soft copy.

I had a similar issue with old version of the form (pre October 2020 version) where an extra column header would be added for Q 12(b) each time I 'saved' the application. I filled in a new application and never saved it until I printed it. I was able to get a flawless application form.