+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Question 11 on CIT 0002

Tell us what you have been doing during the five (5) year eligibility period.

I have multiple things in one month I left one job on 07 August, from 8 August to 13 August one week unemployed joined another job 14 August. My question is when I am entering this on CIT 0002 it's something like this.

From 2018-08
T0 2018-09 ABC Company

From 2018-08
T0 2018-08 Unemployed

From 2018-07
T0 2018-08 XYZ Company

it looks very funny in one month I was unemployed and working as well.

From 2018-08
T0 2018-08 Unemployed

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am eligible to apply. Found there is 2 ways to apply online and paper based. I want to apply online but cic website is confusing by saying you can apply online if you are randomly selected and invited to apply online. For apply online url, those basic yes /no question...it says you are eligible to apply online. Which is true for many. Just want to make sure that online mode is safe to apply and will be considered or not. Please share any experience or Information on it .

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am eligible to apply. Found there is 2 ways to apply online and paper based. I want to apply online but cic website is confusing by saying you can apply online if you are randomly selected and invited to apply online. For apply online url, those basic yes /no question...it says you are eligible to apply online. Which is true for many. Just want to make sure that online mode is safe to apply and will be considered or not. Please share any experience or Information on it .
I've already discussed it in this thread. Give it a read and you'll not be confused anymore after that.

Here is the part of the code on the page that is responsible for the "random selection" of applications. The online citizenship banner shows up only 10% of the time according to the code found on the page.

<div class="mwsgeneric_base_html mwsgeneric-base-html parbase">

<span data-incl-name="cit-apply-online-en"></span>
<!-- DO NOT DELETE -->
<!-- cit apply online banner START -->
<!-- 9 empty, 1 alert, 10% chance of getting the banner -->
<div data-wb-randomize="{&quot;toggle&quot;: &quot;hide&quot;}" class="wb-init wb-randomize-inited" id="wb-auto-6">
This part of the code is the reason why everyone don't see the link to the online application page all the time.

If you keep refreshing the page, you'll see the online citizenship banner and the link but here's a direct link where you can apply.

Last edited:
Reactions: roy1947

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Does photo upload at the time of online application required update of proof of receipt from photographer? Can I click pic on my own as per requirement and upload it ?

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Please help me to understand what should I write for these cases for question 11) citizenship form

1) I was unemployed (for example July 2018 to Nov 2018) and during that period I went to my home country for 40 days (August 2018 to Sept 9, 2018).
Should I mention the time separately for this outside Canada unemployment period or one entry for unemployment from July to Nov 2018)

2) I was self-employed for 14 months and during the self-employment period, I went to my home country for two months.
Same above, should I break down this 14 months in Canada, outside Canada(2 months), and In Canada time period entires.

@rajkamalmohanram

Thank you.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Hi All,
I signed a contract with a company to teach some technology courses, this contract was valid for more than 12 months but they were unable to manage to get any student enrolled for these courses. So, I didn't earn anything from this contract. What you recommend to me, Should I mention this in employment or not. ?

@rajkamalmohanram

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Checklist says, photocopy of all the biographical pages in your passport, so I can attach a black & white copy of the passport biographical pages. What is the best practice, color or black and white photocopy?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,
I signed a contract with a company to teach some technology courses, this contract was valid for more than 12 months but they were unable to manage to get any student enrolled for these courses. So, I didn't earn anything from this contract. What you recommend to me, Should I mention this in employment or not. ?

@rajkamalmohanram
As long as you were employed in that contract during that particular time, yes. Declare it.

Reactions: techLover

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Please help me to understand what should I write for these cases for question 11) citizenship form

1) I was unemployed (for example July 2018 to Nov 2018) and during that period I went to my home country for 40 days (August 2018 to Sept 9, 2018).
Should I mention the time separately for this outside Canada unemployment period or one entry for unemployment from July to Nov 2018)

Your primary residence was in Canada. So, IMO, it should be a single stretch of unemployment. For the address, you can provide your home address in Canada.

Just make sure there are no gaps whatsoever.

2) I was self-employed for 14 months and during the self-employment period, I went to my home country for two months.
Same above, should I break down this 14 months in Canada, outside Canada(2 months), and In Canada time period entires.

Your primary role during that time was that you were employed here. As long as you were still employed when you were traveling, it should be a single entry for employment.

Just make sure there are no gaps whatsoever.

@rajkamalmohanram

Thank you.

Reactions: techLover

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Hi seniors, I am having problem in filling the form of minor. On 12 - signature when I put the date. Error message is coming. It says that the correct format should be equal to today's date. How do I ensure that my son's date on the form is the same as my application.
Anyone else faced this? Thanks a lot

Glory. A. O

Jan 21, 2021
Hi seniors, I am having problem in filling the form of minor. On 12 - signature when I put the date. Error message is coming. It says that the correct format should be equal to today's date. How do I ensure that my son's date on the form is the same as my application.
Anyone else faced this? Thanks a lot
What I did was to change my laptop date to the application date on the form. Then I saved and validated the form, printed to PDF and saved the PDF copy in my documents folder, before changing my laptop date back to current date.

Reactions: summaiya_t

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
That's fine, then you can skip the name at birth if it is the same as your current name. The old application form didn't have any kind of checks like that. When the post was written, the old application form was the only one in place.
So should we just skip this questions because it does not take N/A as an option?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So should we just skip this questions because it does not take N/A as an option?
How about write "Not Applicable" ? It isn't accepting N/A probably because of the special character. I wouldn't recommend leaving these boxes empty. This is just based on my experience by looking at the responses of different applicants and based on my own personal experience as well.

Please check with someone who has recently applied to get better guidance.

Last edited: