+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

vinykk

May 25, 2021
Is the baby born in Canada or abroad? If in Canada, then they Canadian and their birth certificate is their proof of citizenship.
Thank you engray!. Baby is born in Canada, So, as you said the child is Canadian by birth. My understanding is I should notify CIC that there is a dependent child now (Same way as we notify change in address or marital status etc.,). I would like to know how should I update this info in the existing application? or are you suggesting that there no need to notify CIC about the dependent child since the child is Canadian by birth??

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thank you engray!. Baby is born in Canada, So, as you said the child is Canadian by birth. My understanding is I should notify CIC that there is a dependent child now (Same way as we notify change in address or marital status etc.,). I would like to know how should I update this info in the existing application? or are you suggesting that there no need to notify CIC about the dependent child since the child is Canadian by birth??
I'm not 100% sure if you need to notify them or not (This isn't a PR application), so probably no need. Give IRCC a call, or simply submit a webform and see what they say. Good luck.

Reactions: vinykk

tata0692

Sep 12, 2016
Hi
Does the online physical presence form that we fill need to have our name? I filled up the details, but how would IRCC validate? Did others put their name?

Reactions: Glory. A. O

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Thank you for sharing such great information here.

Our landing was in May 2018. I will be applying for citizenship for myself and my child (minor under 18) in June 2021. Have few questions, was wondering if someone here could please advise:

• For my child’s identification documents: I am thinking of submitting her Passport (all pages), health card (does not have her picture on it) and school records. Will this suffice? Also, what exactly do they mean by school records – which exact school document and where can I find it?
  • My child's health card is about to expire in Dec 2021 , as I understand the processing time for citizenship application is almost a year , so her health card would expire during this processing time . Will it be a problem or delay/reject the application? If yes, what is the way out?
  • For minor, they also need a photocopy of their birth certificate. However, my child's birth certificate is not in English/French. I guess what need for such documents is English translation ( from a certified translator ) and a certified copy of the original document. Can someone advise, from where can I find such certified translator approved by CIC ? Also, certified copy of original document means I will have to get a copy of original birth certificate notarized which is in a language other than English / French. Would notary here in Canada notarize such documents in a different language? How does this work? And I will have to send in the original translation or a copy of the translation done by certified translator?
  • Since we arrived in Canada in May 2018, we haven’t traveled outside of Canada. Do we need to provide a PCC ? I had provided PCC at the time of my PR application.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hi,

I see for q. 5 on here you mention "list all names used, name given at birth."

However on the application I am filling out, it is worded: "have you ever used any other names (alias, nickname, etc)?"

So... do I still need to put my birth name in? Thanks

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Sorry, another question... "do you currently have citizenship in another country (includes country of birth)?

It says "date obtained/effective." Would this be the date you were born??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I see for q. 5 on here you mention "list all names used, name given at birth."

However on the application I am filling out, it is worded: "have you ever used any other names (alias, nickname, etc)?"

So... do I still need to put my birth name in? Thanks
I'm not sure what exactly the wording is on the new form.

I entered my name and marked it as "Name at Birth". You might want to check with someone who applied more recently to see if this is necessary.

tata0692

Sep 12, 2016
Hi All
For question 11, my wife was on "EI Sickness" benefits for a few weeks last year. So when i am answering question 11, do i need to say she was "Un-employed" for those few weeks ? or just explain this in an LOE?

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
One question for seniors. I became a PR on July 9, 2015 and left Canada on August 6, 2015. I am applying for citizenship on June 16, 2021 i.e. my eligibility period for the physical presence calculator starts on June 16, 2016. What should I write in date you left Canada. Should it be June 16, 2016 or August 6, 2015?
I am confused because I had left Canada before the start of my eligibility period? Thanks

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
One question for seniors. I became a PR on July 9, 2015 and left Canada on August 6, 2015. I am applying for citizenship on June 16, 2021 i.e. my eligibility period for the physical presence calculator starts on June 16, 2016. What should I write in date you left Canada. Should it be June 16, 2016 or August 6, 2015?
I am confused because I had left Canada before the start of my eligibility period? Thanks
Write August 6, 2015, you left Canada there is a field when you enter Canada write that date then the calculator will calculate itself.