+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
For Question #10 in the form for the addresses, Do I need to add my US visit that I went on B1. I stayed at a hotel while went for a training. I was not paid by the US company and was getting paid by Canadian company for which I was working for.

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
For:- Photocopy of personal identification document
  • You MUST submit TWO PIECES OF PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION.
  • You can use any of the following documents as personal identification.
    • a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document
    • health insurance card
    • driver’s licence
    • senior citizen identification card
    • age of majority card
    • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents
  • From what I understand, the most common pieces of identification would be your driver's license and health card.
  • NOTE 1: You CANNOT SUBMIT PR CARD AS AN IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT.
  • NOTE 2: If there is information on both sides of your ID, PRINT BOTH SIDES OF THE ID.

I have submitted my drivers Licence copy and PR card as the document said the information should contain Name, Photo and Date of Birth. I just sent out the package yesterday and it would not have reached them yet. I did not read this post or any other application process except for what is mentioned on the form and the checklist document.

Any suggestions?

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
A PR card may only use as identification if your second piece if personal identification was by Canadian government. You are good . Good luck
For:- Photocopy of personal identification document
  • You MUST submit TWO PIECES OF PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION.
  • You can use any of the following documents as personal identification.
    • a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document
    • health insurance card
    • driver’s licence
    • senior citizen identification card
    • age of majority card
    • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents
  • From what I understand, the most common pieces of identification would be your driver's license and health card.
  • NOTE 1: You CANNOT SUBMIT PR CARD AS AN IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT.
  • NOTE 2: If there is information on both sides of your ID, PRINT BOTH SIDES OF THE ID.

I have submitted my drivers Licence copy and PR card as the document said the information should contain Name, Photo and Date of Birth. I just sent out the package yesterday and it would not have reached them yet. I did not read this post or any other application process except for what is mentioned on the form and the checklist document.

Any suggestions?
A PR card may only use as identification if your second piece if personal identification was by Canadian government. You are good . Good luck

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Hello!
I am a bit confused about the photo requirements

I have searched thru the forum but didnt come across an appropriate answer to the question what are the requirements for digital photos if I would like to apply for citizenship online. I've only seen an answer that I just need to submit a receipt along with the photo.

Here are the requirements for printed photos https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html
And it is mentioned there, that "If the photographs are digital, they must not be altered in any way"
So I guess the requirements for the digital photo size are the same as for printed one like: "The frame size must be 50 mm x 70 mm (2″ x 2 ¾″)", etc.
Please advise
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017

Thanks that's a relief

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
Regarding question #11 list all your study or work for 5 five years. Is the eligibility period calendar year or just starts from the exact month and what if I started job for more than 7 years and ended within the eligibility period shall I mention from the excat year or just within the 5 years?

sh4nnon

Jan 12, 2017
Regarding question #4g showing place of birth . . . Instructions say to list the place of birth as shown on my passport (U.S.A.). U.S. passports show the state in which I was born. There is no "city/town" put on the passport. My question is do I put the state listed on my passport where it says on question 4 g) "Place of birth? City/Town" and not the actual city I was born in. Thank you for any response!

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Regarding question #4g showing place of birth . . . Instructions say to list the place of birth as shown on my passport (U.S.A.). U.S. passports show the state in which I was born. There is no "city/town" put on the passport. My question is do I put the state listed on my passport where it says on question 4 g) "Place of birth? City/Town" and not the actual city I was born in. Thank you for any response!
Check your CoPR...what is listed under your place of birth there?

Reactions: sh4nnon

Mehar_can

Oct 1, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need some help in answering my questions regarding calculating my physical presence in Canada for my Citizenship as 1) Student 2) Work permit 3) PR
I have tried calculating on cic website, but I am little bit confused about some days (No legal status for 6 months, between my work permit expiration and Pr Landing)
Here are my dates in Canada and the date I became PR on 28 June 2018 Valid Until 30 August 2023

1) 01 Jan 2013 to 05 Jan 2015 on Student permit (0 days absence)
2) 05 Jan 2015 to 01 Jan 2018 on Work permit (Around 120 days absence)
3) 06 Jan 2018 to 12 June 2018 - NO LEGAL STATUS (As my work permit extension rejected, Pr application was in processing and Pr confirmation letter received on June 12, 2018)
4) 28 June 2018 to 27 Nov, 2018 (0 absence)
5) 28 Nov 2018 to 15 July 2019 (OUT OF CANADA)
6) 16 July 2019 to 17 Nov, 2019 (0 absence)
7) 18 Nov 2019 to 30 April 2020 (OUT OF CANADA)
8) 1 May 2020 till date..............

Can someone help answering the questions below:
1) Will the NO LEGAL STATUS days be counted?
2) I see On CIC calculator as Only the five (5) years immediately before the date of your application are considered for calculating the physical presence requirement this - If I apply for my Citizenship in 2023, will I loose my days as STUDENT & WORKER days accumulated before 2018? ( I supposed to get 365 days)
3) Is there any advantage for students graduated in Canada, Worked on Work permit, & became PR. Or is it the same 1095 for everyone?
4) Since my family living in USA I am not able to stay continuously in Canada. Will there be any impact on my application?

When I calculated the eligibility in this website, it showed me I am eligible by July 2021, So I am really looking forward to stay and complete my days if its right as shown. Please help me clarify the confusion with this.

I would really appreciate some advice, suggestions on this

Thankyou
Anee
Hi there,

I have one question, I have already applied for citizenship and my citizenship application is under process since one year. My children have landed as permanent residents on 1 April 2021. Can i add my under 18 years of age children with my under process citizenship application.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I have one question, I have already applied for citizenship and my citizenship application is under process since one year. My children have landed as permanent residents on 1 April 2021. Can i add my under 18 years of age children with my under process citizenship application.
Hello Meher_can,

You may want to use the IRCC Webform to inform them your intention to add your kids.

the link:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I believe you have the application number already.

They should get back to you with the next steps.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi guys,

We sent our paper application today (family of 2).

Couple questions for who would know:

1. How do you receive the AOR? Email or regular mail?
2. How long are you given from the time they invite you to the citizenship test, to the actual test date?

Thanks