+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

tata0692

Sep 12, 2016
Hi All
Could you please clarify the below questions for me? Thanks in advance:

1. I moved to Canada in Oct-2017 as a PR, stayed for a week and went back to Home country. I then moved back to Canada permanently in Mar-2018.
When i am filling up the answers for Question 10 on the citizenship form, do i need to give details on where i stayed in Canada in Oct-2017 for a week? That is just put the Hotel address where i stayed in Toronto?

2. For the physical presence calculator, it says my 5year eligibility period is from "10-May-2016 to 10-May-2021" , but i became a PR resident on 20-Oct-2017, so do i need to mention in the physical presence form where i was prior to becoming a permanent resident?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All
Could you please clarify the below questions for me? Thanks in advance:

1. I moved to Canada in Oct-2017 as a PR, stayed for a week and went back to Home country. I then moved back to Canada permanently in Mar-2018.
When i am filling up the answers for Question 10 on the citizenship form, do i need to give details on where i stayed in Canada in Oct-2017 for a week? That is just put the Hotel address where i stayed in Toronto?

Yes, you can do that.

2. For the physical presence calculator, it says my 5year eligibility period is from "10-May-2016 to 10-May-2021" , but i became a PR resident on 20-Oct-2017, so do i need to mention in the physical presence form where i was prior to becoming a permanent resident?

Yes. The eligibility period is 5 years from the date of your application. The from date is auto calculated. Whatever information is being asked is for the entirety of that period.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Can us My ontario Health card as one of the Idntifiction ID required for the citizenship. I own the Green version. But it does not show any address on it?

I'm planning to use my home country passport + OHIP card

The reason is that i moved recently and just changed the address on my Driver license so I dont want to send the My driver license with the old address as it may confuse them! also I dont want to wait for the new Driver license as it says it need 6-8 weeks to reach me when i renewed it online?

Any advice please! Is ontario health card allowed though it does not show any address on it?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Can us My ontario Health card as one of the Idntifiction ID required for the citizenship. I own the Green version. But it does not show any address on it?

I'm planning to use my home country passport + OHIP card

The reason is that i moved recently and just changed the address on my Driver license so I dont want to send the My driver license with the old address as it may confuse them! also I dont want to wait for the new Driver license as it says it need 6-8 weeks to reach me when i renewed it online?

Any advice please! Is ontario health card allowed though it does not show any address on it?
I wouldn't apply with the health card, as you say there is no address on it and it is a requirement. Best is to wait for your new driver license.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
I wouldn't apply with the health card, as you say there is no address on it and it is a requirement. Best is to wait for your new driver license.
THank you Mattjp1
Even though in the citizenship guidlines it mention that it the health insurance card is accepted as an ID! is there another type of health insurance card that has an address on it?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
THank you Mattjp1
Even though in the citizenship guidlines it mention that it the health insurance card is accepted as an ID! is there another type of health insurance card that has an address on it?
Ok well if the guidelines mentions it's accepted then why not. But maybe give IRCC a call to confirm first, to play safe. Personally I attached my renewed driver license (showing my new address) and my PR card (even though it shows the old address, as I doubt I can renew it just to show the new address anyway).

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
In my opinion, you should stick to what you wrote in PR. Why did you write wrong in first place? That's like lying on your application.

BTW, when I got PR, I cannot choose eye colour by myself, the medical exam revealed, the eye colour and that information was passed to IRCC.
I don't know how can you choose the eye colour? and even if you do, you could have corrected after medical exam results. this is the reason, peeps need to ask medical reports during the process from the hospital authorities when processig for IRCC. They will happily provide it to you.

Anyhow, don't know if it is right thing to do, let's wait for some experts opinion.
Thanks for your response, If you check PR application they ask for eye color and height!

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
Ok well if the guidelines mentions it's accepted then why not. But maybe give IRCC a call to confirm first, to play safe. Personally I attached my renewed driver license (showing my new address) and my PR card (even though it shows the old address, as I doubt I can renew it just to show the new address anyway).
PR doesn't have address on it !!!

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
THank you Mattjp1
Address is not required on ID identification. Just name abd date of birth and one ID has photo.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Address is not required on ID identification. Just name abd date of birth and one ID has photo.
I just checked and both of your points are correct. Can't believe I stressed a requirement that didn't exist lol!

@cooldoc80 then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to apply with your current driving license, it should be OK as address is not a requirement.

Adam2022

May 15, 2021
Hi all,
Anyone can help me if I should pay off my travel loan for immigration in full when I apply for citizenship.
Thank you

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
I just checked and both of your points are correct. Can't believe I stressed a requirement that didn't exist lol!

@cooldoc80 then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to apply with your current driving license, it should be OK as address is not a requirement.
thanks so do you mean i can apply with my passport and OHIP ( ontario health card) ?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thanks Nourmandy2

do you think its better for me to apply with Passport + My OHIP card

or it is better to wait for my new driver license showing my correct address.

thanks

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi all,

Did 9 years minors need to sign their application?

Thanks
According to the instruction guide:

Question 19
Signatures

The person applying on behalf of the minor (i.e. the person who checked question 1 stating that they have custody of the minor, or are empowered to act on behalf of the minor by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law) must sign the application. Please sign the application form with the signature you currently use on other official documents.

Minor applicants between the ages of 14 and 17 years of age must also sign the application.

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0403-citizenship-minors-subsection-5-1.html#step4