+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Alyssa123

Dec 26, 2017
How would you record time you visited Canada and went back within the year period in the physical presence calculator in terms of absence from Canada? The issue is wite the question "Did you ever leave canada in the 5-year period? List the "From-To" dates. Technically there is no "from" because I was never there before that...

thecentury303

Feb 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll have to fill in some of the other questions that involve major dates like the date you became PR and date of application. Once you fill those fields, the tax years might be populated automatically.
I have the exact same issue and there is not question on the date I became PR in the application.

It turns out that tax years will be automatically filled when the "to" date in the eligibility form is filled.

Last edited:

trip90

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello, I have a quick question regarding Question 11 (employment history):

I was a homemaker for 6 months in the USA before we moved to Canada in Sept 2017 and then unemployed for 2 months looking for a job. So, in the fields 'Name of the employed/educational institution attended' should I write "N/A" for these periods?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello, I have a quick question regarding Question 11 (employment history):

I was a homemaker for 6 months in the USA before we moved to Canada in Sept 2017 and then unemployed for 2 months looking for a job. So, in the fields 'Name of the employed/educational institution attended' should I write "N/A" for these periods?
Yes.

trip90

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Another quick one: regarding question 14: Have you held any travel documents and/or passports during 5 years period?
What should I select "Yes" or "No"?
I am an Indian citizen and hold an Indian passport.
Also, had PR for the last 4 years and before that had an H1-B visa in the USA.

Last edited:

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Another quick one: regarding question 14: Have you held any travel documents and/or passports during 5 years period?
What should I select "Yes" or "No"?
I am an Indian citizen and hold an Indian passport.
Also, had PR for the last 4 years and before that had an H1-B visa in the USA.
You should select Yes and give all information regarding all passports you’ve held during your five-year eligibility period.

trip90

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You should select Yes and give all information regarding all passports you’ve held during your five-year eligibility period.
My Indian passport was renewed by the Indian embassy in Chicago USA in 2016.
In the table under ques 14, it is asking about "country or territory of Issue" and "Place of issue". What should I mention? "USA" and "chicago" ?@
rajkamalmohanram

Also, in Ques 13, I have included 1 row as a "permanent resident" of Canada. But what date should I mention under "Effective date"? Date when I entered CANADA the first time or date from the CoPR document?

Last edited:

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
My Indian passport was renewed by the Indian embassy in Chicago USA in 2016.
In the table under ques 14, it is asking about "country or territory of Issue" and "Place of issue". What should I mention? "USA" and "chicago" ?@
rajkamalmohanram

Also, in Ques 13, I have included 1 row as a "permanent resident" of Canada. But what date should I mention under "Effective date"? Date when I entered CANADA the first time or date from the CoPR document?
Country of issue: India
Place of issue: Chicago, USA

Regarding question 13, you do not mention Canadian PR as it clearly asks if you’ve ever had any immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada.
So, you don’t mention your Canadian PR in this question.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Country of issue: India
Place of issue: Chicago, USA

Regarding question 13, you do not mention Canadian PR as it clearly asks if you’ve ever had any immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada.
So, you don’t mention your Canadian PR in this question.
So this includes all immigration visas (Tourist, work etc..) of other countries and even it is expired? So all expired visas need to be considered or just any valid visas at time of applying citizenship?

E.g - US tourist visa is valid, UK tourist visa is expired long ago?
So should it be both or just US visa in this case?

Thanks in advance

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
So this includes all immigration visas (Tourist, work etc..) of other countries and even it is expired? So all expired visas need to be considered or just any valid visas at time of applying citizenship?

E.g - US tourist visa is valid, UK tourist visa is expired long ago?
So should it be both or just US visa in this case?

Thanks in advance
Yes, you should include all VISAs you’ve ever had in your life, except the Canadian ViSAs. Even the expired ones.
There has been a long conversation in threads about Tourist VISAs. Some people believe we should include them. Some people hold the belief that tourist VISAs are not required to be mentioned. In my opinion, if you can mention them, do it. Better to avoid any delay in the process in advance.
Anyway, regarding your question, yes, you definitely need to mention even expired VISAs.

Reactions: Troy2245

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
Hi folks ,
I have query about question# 11 (Tell us what you have been doing during your five-year eligibility period, inside and outside of Canada )
i am working with same employer for more than 4 years but i was on sick leave for 6 weeks( unemployment) and also unemployment for 4 weeks during the fist lockdown ( covid 19) and I was on EI , shall l mention these periods although i returned to the same employer ? Thanks !

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Quick question for Citizenship fee payments can we pay fee before completing 1095 days. or we must pay fee after completing 1095 days not found any exact rule.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi folks ,
I have query about question# 11 (Tell us what you have been doing during your five-year eligibility period, inside and outside of Canada )
i am working with same employer for more than 4 years but i was on sick leave for 6 weeks( unemployment) and also unemployment for 4 weeks during the fist lockdown ( covid 19) and I was on EI , shall l mention these periods although i returned to the same employer ? Thanks !
You MUST mention these periods of unemployment.

ohmygawd

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Hello, I hope I am posting this in the right place.

I am in the process of applying for my citizenship and will prefer to submit an online application. I noticed that there is no request for police report, proof of English (I am adding this to additional document section - hope my certificate of completion and transcript will suffice?), as well as tax documents (for this they requested that I put in my SIN). Do I need to also get a police report and add to the additional document section?
Can someone who has applied online please share their experience and also please help clarify if it is a good idea to go ahead with the online application and things I need to do.
Thank you.

Last edited:

ohmygawd

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
I have also been trying to recalculate my physical presence for the past hour, but it seems the link has been down. Am I alone in this?

Last edited: