+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Hi,

I have worked remotely from my home canada to a US employer and citizenship application while filling employer detatils , do i need to provide my home address or US empoyer address.

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi,

I have worked remotely from my home canada to a US employer and citizenship application while filling employer detatils , do i need to provide my home address or US empoyer address.
I would provide US employer's address, but in the occupation field, if space available after specifying title/occupation, say that but worked from home at so & so Canadian city name. If not enough space is available, would attach a letter and say that worked from the home in Canada.

Reactions: A_S

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Has anyone changed their address just before oath or during oath?
How did it go?
Did it cause any delays?
Did you have to fill any web forms?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hi all, I have a question.
So when you apply for a citizenship you don’t include any information about your spouse in kids in the application? Like zero info about them right?
Just your current marital status and that’s it?

Ricky09

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Is this an issue if some one was unemployed for over 1 year after moving to Canada on express entry? Does this has any impact on the citizenship application??

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
I would provide US employer's address, but in the occupation field, if space available after specifying title/occupation, say that but worked from home at so & so Canadian city name. If not enough space is available, would attach a letter and say that worked from the home in Canada.
Thank you wink

Hanzmolar

Feb 5, 2016
In the application it is mentioned that I should provide a signed copy of the online physical presence calculator. However, there this is no place to sign. Should I just print it and include it with my application?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
In the application it is mentioned that I should provide a signed copy of the online physical presence calculator. However, there this is no place to sign. Should I just print it and include it with my application?
signature is not required on the physical presence document. Just print and attached with your application

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi - if the applicant is eligible for citizenship by mid feb (say feb 15) is it ok to fill application by post dating it h say feb 16) and generating bar code.
ofcourse we will post them after feb 16 to IRCC

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi - if the applicant is eligible for citizenship by mid feb (say feb 15) is it ok to fill application by post dating it h say feb 16) and generating bar code.
ofcourse we will post them after feb 16 to IRCC
Hi any anyone around to help with my query

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi there hope everyone is well, has anyone sent to ircc explaining any needs for the citizenship grant hoping to speed up the process, will it do any harm? Should I do it? I truly need it quickly

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi there hope everyone is well, has anyone sent to ircc explaining any needs for the citizenship grant hoping to speed up the process, will it do any harm? Should I do it? I truly need it quickly
I applied in Aug 2021... Became a citizen in Sep 2022

I wrote to Scarborough IRCC office earlier in June 2022 to request them to expedite my application as I had quite a few business travels coming up in Jul, Sep and Oct..

They were quick to reply back.... I got the following reply within 8 mins from them..

Good day,

Citizenship applications entails several stages and the knowledge test is just one of these stages and there is no decision rendered on your applications at this time. We will NOT expedite any ceremonies for pending applications. In addition, you are in possession of a valid PR Card and Paspport which you can utilize for your travels. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the proper travel documents required.

Regards,

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
I applied in Aug 2021... Became a citizen in Sep 2022

I wrote to Scarborough IRCC office earlier in June 2022 to request them to expedite my application as I had quite a few business travels coming up in Jul, Sep and Oct..

They were quick to reply back.... I got the following reply within 8 mins from them..

Good day,

Citizenship applications entails several stages and the knowledge test is just one of these stages and there is no decision rendered on your applications at this time. We will NOT expedite any ceremonies for pending applications. In addition, you are in possession of a valid PR Card and Paspport which you can utilize for your travels. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the proper travel documents required.

Regards,
It’s unfortunate that they did not do anything. My case is a bit different as i only have my pr card but I don’t have any passports, do you think that would make a difference?