+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello,
I am filling the application for my kid "Minor".
What should I put for this question? "Yes" or "No".
"Did the parent leave Canada for more than 1 year before February 15th, 1977?"
We came to Canada in 2019.
"Yes" will indicate that I was in Canada and I left while "No" will mean that I have been in Canada ever since. It is confusing.
If you were not here then how can you leave? "No" is the answer.

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Good Day All,
Sorry confused about one thing ...and appreciate your support on clarifying it to me

Is Additional Documents Request/ADR for Citizenship application (incase there was a big gap in the paperwork...ex stamps are not clear ,passport copy is having some unclear pages, requesting PCC from certain country even if the 6 months mandate did not take place, etc.),usually happening after AOR or before even changing application status to AOR....I know there may be exceptions ..but I am talking about the most common scenario ?

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Good Day All,
Sorry confused about one thing ...and appreciate your support on clarifying it to me

Is Additional Documents Request/ADR for Citizenship application (incase there was a big gap in the paperwork...ex stamps are not clear ,passport copy is having some unclear pages, requesting PCC from certain country even if the 6 months mandate did not take place, etc.),usually happening after AOR or before even changing application status to AOR....I know there may be exceptions ..but I am talking about the most common scenario ?
Usually it happens after AoR.
No one knows the reasons behind when and if IRCC will ask for ADR or PCC.

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
I have lived in UK from 2019-april-01 and i become PR on 2019-oct-01 and return back to UK after 3 days and permanently came to canada on 2020-MARCH-10.

from 2019-april-01 to 2020-MARCH-10 (except 3 days in canada to become PR ) i lived in UK , its more than 183 days .so do i need to select YES or NO

a.) in the past 4 yrs, were you a country or terrority other than canada for 183 days or more in a row ?

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
I have lived in UK from 2019-april-01 and i become PR on 2019-oct-01 and return back to UK after 3 days and permanently came to canada on 2020-MARCH-10.

from 2019-april-01 to 2020-MARCH-10 (except 3 days in canada to become PR ) i lived in UK , its more than 183 days .so do i need to select YES or NO

a.) in the past 4 yrs, were you a country or terrority other than canada for 183 days or more in a row ?

yes UK is my country of origin. what i have select the application form: YES or NO

select yes or No.

wink

May 25, 2021
If it is more than 183 days, "Yes" is the answer. And then in the following table one need to list the country (in your case UK) and "No" for "I will provide police certificate" and in the explanation field something like "Lived in country of origin(UK) immediately prior to becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada.".

Is UK a country? Not sure you should specify as UK or England. You would know better, anyway.

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
If it is more than 183 days, "Yes" is the answer. And then in the following table one need to list the country (in your case UK) and "No" for "I will provide police certificate" and in the explanation field something like "Lived in country of origin(UK) immediately prior to becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada.".

Is UK a country? Not sure you should specify as UK or England. You would know better, anyway.

thank you Wink.

But my question is 183 days is before PR or After PR , since after landing as PR in 3 days i back to UK and came Canada permanently on 2020-MARCH-10

My timelines below :

from 2019-april-01 to 2020-MARCH-10 (except 3 days in canada to become PR ) i lived in UK .

wink

May 25, 2021
thank you Wink.

But my question is 183 days is before PR or After PR , since after landing as PR in 3 days i back to UK and came Canada permanently on 2020-MARCH-10

My timelines below :

from 2019-april-01 to 2020-MARCH-10 (except 3 days in canada to become PR ) i lived in UK .
What I think is it does not matter whether before PR or after PR. Period to consider is four years from the day of signing the application. In that four year, did you live elsewhere for 183 days (or more). That's how I interpret this question.

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
What I think is it does not matter whether before PR or after PR. Period to consider is four years from the day of signing the application. In that four year, did you live elsewhere for 183 days (or more). That's how I interpret this question.
ok , in that case my 4 years period is - 2019-april-01 TO 2023-April-01. In between I just travelled to Canada to become PR on 2019-oct-01 and returned after 3 days. Now please suggest me whether i need to submit PCC or not.

wink

May 25, 2021
ok , in that case my 4 years period is - 2019-april-01 TO 2023-April-01. In between I just travelled to Canada to become PR on 2019-oct-01 and returned after 3 days. Now please suggest me whether i need to submit PCC or not.
I just answered this in my previous post.

Jackdish7

Mar 8, 2018
My son (7 years old) has Indian passport which expired this month. Can I appy for his citizenship with expired passport or need to renew his passport first?

wink

May 25, 2021
My son (7 years old) has Indian passport which expired this month. Can I appy for his citizenship with expired passport or need to renew his passport first?
No need to renew it for the purpose of citizenship application. If you expect any travel before you could get the Canadian passport, then it is better to get it renewed. While filling the application, you can specify that you don't have a valid passport because no travel is planned.

Reactions: abbas.pasha