+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

ZebaAli12

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I have a question, I will be applying for Canadian citizenship at the end of this month. However, I will be moving to USA next month on immigration visa. So, how will it affect my application? There is question in citizenship application that says do you have any other immigration. So, should I say Yes? Although I have not crossed the border yet.

fari021

Jul 11, 2018
If you received your AOR just today, you need to wait for a day or two before you could register.
No I received it 4 days before. Please guide me how to track the file? and did grop number means my family members AOR number? or my family will get separate AOR.

wink

May 25, 2021
No I received it 4 days before. Please guide me how to track the file? and did grop number means my family members AOR number? or my family will get separate AOR.
Are you using this link?

https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

Each person gets their own Application number. I am not sure what's group number is. It could be related to representatives. Where are you seeing this group number. Using the link above, specify UCI and Application number you received on the email to register. Then you would be able to see your status. For each family member you need to register individually (unless you are using a representative).

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Are you using this link?

Each person gets their own Application number. I am not sure what's group number is. It could be related to representatives. Where are you seeing this group number. Using the link above, specify UCI and Application number you received on the email to register. Then you would be able to see your status. For each family member you need to register individually (unless you are using a representative).
Group number is not related to representatives. It's related to the number of applicants that submitted the applications as a "group" - applies to families
E.g. my spouse and I applied as a "group" and so our email contained a group number (separate from Application # and UCI #) starting with 2 because it was an application with 2 people

wink

May 25, 2021
Group number is not related to representatives. It's related to the number of applicants that submitted the applications as a "group" - applies to families
E.g. my spouse and I applied as a "group" and so our email contained a group number (separate from Application # and UCI #) starting with 2 because it was an application with 2 people
Okay, thanks.

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi all,

I have applied for citizenship in December 2022, and now I’m moving to the UK to join my husband as we’ve been living apart for quite some time. Now does this put my application in some sort of risk? We plan to move back to Canada together once he receives he is eligible to become a PR. I don’t mind traveling back and forth for any applications related appointments. I don’t know if I need to inform IRCC, please advise.

Also, I still file my taxes as single as my husband is a non resident so I think it doesn’t matter, however does this effect my citizenship application as I have put my marital status as married in the application?

thank you !

fari021

Jul 11, 2018
Okay, thanks.
Thanks for this. I want to know that how to track the applications ? Secondly, Its our whole family AOR because in this AOR they mention the group number.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
@scylla - just raising the query for you. My daughter birth certificate was in language other English and was translated into English in India duly notarized and stamped and signed off the translator In India

do I need to do anything else for citizenship application. Please note I used the same document for PR purposes as well

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla - just raising the query for you. My daughter birth certificate was in language other English and was translated into English in India duly notarized and stamped and signed off the translator In India

do I need to do anything else for citizenship application. Please note I used the same document for PR purposes as well
I don't know.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Thanks for this. I want to know that how to track the applications ? Secondly, Its our whole family AOR because in this AOR they mention the group number.
The AOR # and the group Number # will be the same for the whole family
It's only your UCI # that are different for each person in the application

https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login <-- use this link to track your online application
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas <-- use this link to track your paper application

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

No you don't. The translated document will be fine.

Reactions: gaurav1282

fari021

Jul 11, 2018
I received my AOR 9 days before, and trying to create the account for application status in the following link

https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

but it show me the following error. So my question is that after how many days they will include me in their system?

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet. "

wink

May 25, 2021
I received my AOR 9 days before, and trying to create the account for application status in the following link

https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

but it show me the following error. So my question is that after how many days they will include me in their system?

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet. "
Use this link: