+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi,
on my physical presence calculator the application date is January 25, 2023 and same for my application form. So, can I submit my documents to Canada post (Xpresspost) on the same date i.e Jan 25?

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hello All i had couple of questions on the citizenship application. Appreciate if someone can respond back on the same.

Q11. Tell us what you have been doing during the five (5) year eligibility period inside and outside of Canada.----- Over here the options are for yyyy/mm (Year / Month) and there is no day option present in the form. So i do some scenarios where in for example i was employed with Company A between 3rd Dec 2018 and 4th April 2020. And with Company B between 27th April 2020 and 31st Dec 2020. Post leaving company A i was unemployed for a period of 23 odd days as seen in the dates. However there is no option to include the days unemployed in the application form. Please advise if need to just fill in on a month / year basis and its not required to show i was unemployed for the number of days, since i had got a job the same month, i left the previous one, just that there is a gap of 20 odd days within the same month.

One related question in case i was unemployed for a fixed period should i just mention the occupation / activity as Unemployed and leave the other fields i.e. Name of Employer, Address, city and country as blank.

Q.5 Have you used any other name - I have not used any other name. So should i leave this field as blank or mark it as N/A.

Physical Present calculator - On the physical presence calculator there are two options present i.e. Day you left Canada and Day you returned to Canada. For example i had left Canada for my home country on 14th May and returned back 21st May. My question is as i was in canada on 14th May till noon and had left by flight so technically should i mark the day i left Canada as 15th May i.e. the next day as thats the day i arrived in my home country or even its half a day i need to mark it as 14th May

Last edited:

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi everyone, I got a quick question. My PR is through PNP and I would like to move to another province before I apply to citizenship. Anyone can share if there will be an issue when I apply for citizenship? I have stayed in the nominated province for over 1 year. Thank you for your comments.

K.Rehman

Jan 7, 2023
Hello everyone, I am new on this page.
I have submitted my citizenship application on 14th November 2022.
Which was delivered on 17th Nov and right now they are working on the week of November 8th.
But my problem is when I became Permanent Resident, I didn't recieve COPR.
which I realized now what should I do?

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi All
It’s very urgent
My name in COPR is:
Family Name: xxx yyy
Given Name: Blank

passport:
Surname: Blank
Given Name: xxx yyy
How do I fill in Application

Thanks

lazybrownie

Dec 1, 2022
Hello everyone!
I'm filling the Citizenship application for my wife via paper option.
We are attaching copies of her PR card and Health Card. We heard from a friend that we need to send some form of address proof. We're not attaching her driving license, as it shows a permanent address (my brother's permanent home), which is different to our current rental address (we live in condo). Can we submit Rental Agreement as proof? She also has an incorporated company, based out of our rental address.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
hello everyone,
I have issue with the tax year in Q#12 in cit 0002 form, it is not possible to type anything in the tax year field,
have you ever had this experience, and I appreciate your solutions.

thanks
Did you find the answer for this ? i have same issue?

K.Rehman

Jan 7, 2023
Same problem i was facing but when I entered the date of physical calculation and the date in the end with the signature, the tax question box became typeable

Sunapollo

Jun 9, 2018
Hello everyone!
I am filling my online application right now and have a few questions:
1) For tax returns: 2022
Have you filed: No
Were you required to file: ?
I have already filed taxes for 2019,2020 and 2021. Technically we can file taxes after Feb for year 2022. So should I mention “No”

2)On my Landing paper, place of birth is truncated. Should I fill in as per passports? Or landing paper?

3) I have 2 Indian passports during last 5 years… one expired and one renewed.
Should we we give details of the expired one as well?

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello everyone!
I am filling my online application right now and have a few questions:
1) For tax returns: 2022
Were you required to file: ?
I have already filed taxes for 2019,2020 and 2021. Technically we can file taxes after Feb for year 2022. So should I mention “No”
Were you required to file: Yes

fari021

Jul 11, 2018
Hi,

I received my AOR, can anyone guide me that how to track the application? I have seen this link and try to create the account by using UCI and AOR number. But it dont allow me to proceed. Secondly, In my AOR they mention a" Group Number". Can anyone guide me that what is that?

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi,

I received my AOR, can anyone guide me that how to track the application? I have seen this link and try to create the account by using UCI and AOR number. But it dont allow me to proceed. Secondly, In my AOR they mention a" Group Number". Can anyone guide me that what is that?
If you received your AOR just today, you need to wait for a day or two before you could register.

Akh88

Star Member
Nov 11, 2022
Hi guys,

I am filling in my son’s application and I have the following question:
My son became PR in July 2021. We moved to Canada in March 2020 and were living in england before that. We plan to apply for citizenship in April 2023
Question 8-b of the application: has the minor been outside of canada for a total of 730 days or more in the past five years or since becoming PR:
Since my son was outside of canada before march 2020, my answer to this question is Yes. However when I put yes and start filling the dates information, I receive the error stating that the date should be after the PR date. So it is not clear to me whether this question is relevant to the five year period or only after PR date?
Thank you for your help in advance!