+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

hb1975

Apr 16, 2017
Hi! I am applying for citizenship and needed some clarification on the passport details to be mentioned in the application.
My passport was due to expire in July 2022, so I renewed/got a new passport made in April 2022 and thus the old passport was canceled.
Now I am entering my current passport as issued in April 2022 and for the old passport should I enter the expiry date as the actual date of July 2022 or enter April 2022 when the old passport was canceled and a new passport issued.
If I enter the actual July 2022 date, then it looks like I have 2 valid passports from April to July 2022.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi! I am applying for citizenship and needed some clarification on the passport details to be mentioned in the application.
My passport was due to expire in July 2022, so I renewed/got a new passport made in April 2022 and thus the old passport was canceled.
Now I am entering my current passport as issued in April 2022 and for the old passport should I enter the expiry date as the actual date of July 2022 or enter April 2022 when the old passport was canceled and a new passport issued.
If I enter the actual July 2022 date, then it looks like I have 2 valid passports from April to July 2022.
You should nester the Validity date of the passport and not the day the passport was cancelled

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Doens't matter much IMHO. IRCC can connect the dots regardless of what you actually put there.
They're well aware that putting july 2022 as an answer and giving the information for that newer passport means one thing and one thing only.
Pick one and don't think too much about it.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have Bachelor's degree from India and an equivalent WES transcript that I used during my PR. will these two documents be enough as Language proof for Citizenship?

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
I have Bachelor's degree from India and an equivalent WES transcript that I used during my PR. will these two documents be enough as Language proof for Citizenship?
You can reuse the same the English/French certificate you included in your PR application earlier. I don't think your degree and WES transcript conversion are the correct proof. It has to be either English or French language competency test results, e.g. IELTS.

sakshigupta

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello ,

I hope you are doing well. I am eligible to submit my citizenship application online. I have a couple questions about that:-
1. can i submit it from outside Canada since i am in India at the moment.
2. if i can, what is the date of return that i should enter in the physical calculator for this trip since i haven't returned yet. eg: if i am submitting application on May 14th, should the dat of return be May 13th or something else.

any assistance in this regards is highly appreciated.
Sakshi

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Hello everyone,
i need your help please

I have TEFAQ 2013, and ielts 2014 certificates, will they be fine as proof of language knowledge?

Last edited:

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hello ,

I hope you are doing well. I am eligible to submit my citizenship application online. I have a couple questions about that:-
1. can i submit it from outside Canada since i am in India at the moment.
2. if i can, what is the date of return that i should enter in the physical calculator for this trip since i haven't returned yet. eg: if i am submitting application on May 14th, should the dat of return be May 13th or something else.

any assistance in this regards is highly appreciated.
Sakshi
There is no rule or condition which prohibits applying from outside Canada, however, you are not allowed to Postdate the application, so IMHO it will be better to send the application after you land back in Canada. :)

Hi101010

Jan 28, 2019
Question regarding PCC - I need a PCC since I spent more than 6 months in my home country after I got PR.
The issue is that getting PCC from my home country can take a lot of time (min 8 weeks). If I wait for this, it will delay my application by that many weeks at minimum.

Can I submit my application without the PCC and explain it on my Letter of Explanation that I will submit it as soon as I get it (will also attach the proof of PCC application with the case number etc.)? Will my application be accepted or returned back? If it is returned back, will my fees be refunded too?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!!

Akhall

Jul 11, 2018
Just removing my question. Found my answer before anyone could answer it.

Thanks everyone and good luck

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Question regarding PCC - I need a PCC since I spent more than 6 months in my home country after I got PR.
The issue is that getting PCC from my home country can take a lot of time (min 8 weeks). If I wait for this, it will delay my application by that many weeks at minimum.

Can I submit my application without the PCC and explain it on my Letter of Explanation that I will submit it as soon as I get it (will also attach the proof of PCC application with the case number etc.)? Will my application be accepted or returned back? If it is returned back, will my fees be refunded too?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!!
Wouldn't recommend it. If you must submit a PCC, wait for it and then submit the application once you have it.

The last thing you want is your application to be considered incomplete and returned. That'll waste even more time.

Varun84

Oct 21, 2016
Hi All,
Under the Travel documents or passports section - do i need to provide my PR card details or just my passport details? If PR card as well then what should i enter as the date of issue as it mentions only the expiry date.
Thanks
Varun