Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
PART - 6

Post-Application Phase

You have now submitted your Citizenship application. If you paid close attention to the guide and prepared a killer application package - the chances of you getting your application back is very less to none.

The hard part begins now - Waiting! In this initial stage after submission, you'd have to wait for AOR.

What can you do while you wait?

It generally takes about 2 months from the date they receive the application for you to get a AOR. (This can vary slightly from person to person). While you wait for AOR (and for further steps after you receive AOR), you can do the following -
Routine vs Non-Routine Applications and Additional document requests

Your citizenship application could be processed in 2 different ways - Routine and Non-Routine.
What happens during application processing?

At the time of writing this post, the "official" processing time is 12 months. In reality, however - It ranges anywhere between 6 months to Forever. A sizable portion of the applications are processed between 6 - 9 months time.
The basic consensus of how a citizenship application might progress is explained below. This might vary slightly between applicants but this should give you a general idea. There is some speculation here and I am paraphrasing this from one of dpenabill's post and other posts in this forum.
  • CPC-Sydney issues an AOR after the completeness-checking the application package
  • A file is opened in GCMS (simultaneously).
  • The application is sent for background checks
    • Criminality checks are done by RCMP
    • Security checks are done by CSIS
    • GCMS checks are done by IRCC
  • CPC-Sydney might do some additional processing (?)
  • Application is forwarded to the local visa office for further processing
  • Local Visa Office (LVO) checks and verifies the authenticity of the information / documents in the application package
  • LVO sends Notice to appear for citizenship test and interview
  • LVO sends a Notice to appear for Citizenship Ceremony (Oath)
After the oath: Next Steps

You are officially a Canadian Citizen after you take the oath of citizenship.
  • Official sources state that you need to wait a minimum of 2 business days before you can apply for a Canadian Passport.
  • However, in reality, you can apply for a passport as soon as your ECAS status changes to 'Complete' and this can happen before 2 business days.
Closing notes

Canadian Citizenship is a privilege and not a right. Let's embrace it, respect it and let's never abuse it. NEVER lie on an immigration / citizenship application - It is not worth the consequences.

I hope that the mods make this a sticky thread for easy access. Let's further discuss about the nuances of this process and help each other in this beautiful journey of becoming a citizen of this great nation.

-rajkamalmohanram
Thank you for wonderful post, do we have to submit copy of passports all pages?

ms2020

Dec 2, 2020
The online physical presence calculator does not have any place to sign and date when I print it. Does anyone else face this issue?

mikeposer

May 26, 2018
Hello there..
I have a weird situation. I sent all my documents for the citizenship yesterday and today I found out that CIC don't accept IELTS Academic version , however i did sent that by mistake.. I do have IELTS general report too(expired) but I did not sent that...I called the CIC call center. They asked to wait as CIC might just return the entire file back or ask for additional documents...any one has experienced this situation before?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello there..
I have a weird situation. I sent all my documents for the citizenship yesterday and today I found out that CIC don't accept IELTS Academic version , however i did sent that by mistake.. I do have IELTS general report too(expired) but I did not sent that...I called the CIC call center. They asked to wait as CIC might just return the entire file back or ask for additional documents...any one has experienced this situation before?
Yup, there was an applicant @cat_woman who had her application returned because of the very same reason. Once you get your application back, remove the Academic IELTS, include your General IELTS (even if it is expired) and send the entire application package back to Sydney.

Reactions: Rakit and mikeposer

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Hello everybody , please following the explanation and my understanding for the police certificate we are not required to provide the Canadian one correct , only those from foreign countries because I don't want to miss any documents for me or my family
My second question, suppose you have a closed work permit you landed exemple 10-2-2017 and the employer redid a new contract with starting date 20-2-2017 , so which of the two dates should I use for the calculator

Last edited:

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
Application form says:

Note: If you were in your country or territory of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four (4) year period, you are not required to provide a police certificate.

I'm confused about the word immediately.

I applied my Permanent Residence from my country of origin and then moved to Canada on a work visa while my PR application was still in process. While in Canada, my application was approved after three months and I became Permanent Resident. Do I still need to provide police certificate for my country of origin?

KPA_Canada

Apr 12, 2017
Hi Guys I need some help from you as your already submitted application.

I am in final stage to send my Citizenship application but i still get confusion about submitting Language proof. I have studies B.E Mechanical in India and did IELTS test while applying PR, so I can send my ILETS report a well as diploma transcripts, but my wife just completed her diploma and she has only transcripts. She couldn't get her diploma certificate from college instead she has provisional certificate and she didnt write IELTS.

So my questions is Can i send her diploma transcripts and provisional diploma certificate for language proof, will accept by IRCC. I highly need your opinion on this.

Thanks

sivapras

Dec 24, 2012
i am not able to download the citizenship application form. getting weird error

Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download. For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader. Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvald

I am using latest adobe software. any one has come across this error and can any one attach the form here.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys I need some help from you as your already submitted application.

I am in final stage to send my Citizenship application but i still get confusion about submitting Language proof. I have studies B.E Mechanical in India and did IELTS test while applying PR, so I can send my ILETS report a well as diploma transcripts, but my wife just completed her diploma and she has only transcripts. She couldn't get her diploma certificate from college instead she has provisional certificate and she didnt write IELTS.

So my questions is Can i send her diploma transcripts and provisional diploma certificate for language proof, will accept by IRCC. I highly need your opinion on this.

Thanks
You can simply submit your IELTS General TRF. You don't have to submit your diploma transcripts.

For your wife, I'm not quite sure but submitting a provisional certificate + the transcript that shows the medium of instruction should be fine IMO.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
i am not able to download the citizenship application form. getting weird error

Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download. For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader. Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvald

I am using latest adobe software. any one has come across this error and can any one attach the form here.

Thanks
You cannot view this form on the browser. So, you have to download it first and view it on a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat.

If you are using Chrome :

1. Click on the 3 dots on the right corner of the browser window
2. Go to Settings
3. Click on Site Settings
4. Click on Additional Site Settings
5. Click on PDF documents
6. Enable "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome"
7. Refresh the page and click the link to the application form again
8. The form will be downloaded instead of opening on Chrome.

Reactions: engray

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
@rajkamalmohanram Can you please answer following query.

Application form says:

Note: If you were in your country or territory of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four (4) year period, you are not required to provide a police certificate.

I applied my Permanent Residence from my country of origin and then moved to Canada on a work visa while my PR application was still in process. While in Canada, my application was approved after three months and I became Permanent Resident. Do I still need to provide police certificate for my country of origin?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram Can you please answer following query.

Application form says:

No IMO but if it is not too much trouble, I would recommend a PCC from your country of origin and submit it with your application.

MonuTalli

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hyderabad, INDIA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16th May 2016
AOR Received.
25th June 2016
IELTS Request
UP Front
Med's Request
UP Front
Passport Req..
15th February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
18-05-2017
The online physical presence calculator does not have any place to sign and date when I print it. Does anyone else face this issue?
Yup, I just signed and dated at the bottom.

AbuZain

Jan 12, 2021
You MUST include EVERYTHING you've been doing throughout your eligibility period (includes unemployment, self-employment, study, retirement or a homemaker)
If have been working and studying during the same time, should I put two entries of detail like working and studying or otherwise? For Example: I have been working as a cashier from 2019-Sep - June, 2020 and studying part time during the same time. Please explain!