+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello,

I appreciate your help and advise in advance. I have a question regarding police certificate. According to IRCC website:

"You need to provide a police certificate from each country, other than Canada, if you were there
  • in the past 4 years
  • for 183 days or more in a row
  • since the age of 18"
I had 5 trips to a country over the last 5 years since I got permanent resident of Canada.

Only 3 months of this trip falls over the last 4 years The First Trip301 days(?) Only 90 days falls over the last 4 years <> 183 days?
falls over the last 4 yearsThe Second Trip65 days<183 days
falls over the last 4 yearsThe Third Trip174 days<183 days
falls over the last 4 yearsThe Fourth Trip95 days< 183 days
falls over the last 4 yearsThe Fifth Trip:14 days<183 days

All of them were less than 183 days, except the first one which was 301 days. However, only 3 months(90 days) of my first trip (the 301-day trip) falls over the last 4 years. It's a little bit confusing for me. Do I still need to provide a police certificate?

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have a question. After i apply citizenship, is it ok if i am out of country? I am planning to go to my back home for 5-6 months after i apply

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello,

I appreciate your help and advise in advance. I have a question regarding police certificate. According to IRCC website:

"You need to provide a police certificate from each country, other than Canada, if you were there
  • in the past 4 years
  • since the age of 18"
I had 5 trips to a country over the last 5 years since I got permanent resident of Canada.

Only 3 months of this trip falls over the last 4 years The First Trip301 days(?) Only 90 days falls over the last 4 years <> 183 days?

All of them were less than 183 days, except the first one which was 301 days. However, only 3 months(90 days) of my first trip (the 301-day trip) falls over the last 4 years. It's a little bit confusing for me. Do I still need to provide a police certificate?
rajkamalmohanram I really appreciate your help here. My case is really urgent.

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
Noob question on behalf of my friend here. He and his wife will be finishing three years of residency in March 2022 and plan to apply for Citizenship ASAP. Is he allowed to take up a job offer in the USA and move there while his citizenship application is in progress or is that going to be a problem ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

• in the past 4 years
  • since the age of 18"

Since that trip falls mostly outside your eligibility period, generally, you do would not need a PCC for that country. However, we do not know how the processing officer would use his discretion so if this PCC something that you could get without too much trouble, I would recommend getting it.

This is only my opinion.

Reactions: RJ2020

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Since that trip falls mostly outside your eligibility period, generally, you do would not need a PCC for that country. However, we do not know how the processing officer would use his discretion so if this PCC something that you could get without too much trouble, I would recommend getting it.

This is only my opinion.
Thanks for your reply. I already got the police certificate. However, since I don't know whether PC is required for my case or not, is it okay if I just include the PC in my application and check Yes in that question, and explain the situation it in the table?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I already got the police certificate. However, since I don't know whether PC is required for my case or not, is it okay if I just include the PC in my application and check Yes in that question, and explain the situation it in the table?
Yup, that would be perfectly fine.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Yup, that would be perfectly fine.
Thank you so much for your reply.
I have one final question. When I landed in Canada for the first time and got PR, since I was going to stay with my friend here, and had no place to stay in the very first week (consequently no address), I gave my friend's address to receive my PR card at the airport. However, after one week I rented a place and stayed there for 2 months ( I still have the rental agreement), but the card was sent to my friend's address and then, I left Canada for a few months. My question is, since I just lived at my friend's place for one week and lived most of the time in my own rented place, should I mention my friend's address, or my own address? Does adress history mean my mailing address or residential address? because the role of my friend's address was just as a mailing address.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply.
I have one final question. When I landed in Canada for the first time and got PR, since I was going to stay with my friend here, and had no place to stay in the very first week (consequently no address), I gave my friend's address to receive my PR card at the airport. However, after one week I rented a place and stayed there for 2 months ( I still have the rental agreement), but the card was sent to my friend's address and then, I left Canada for a few months. My question is, since I just lived at my friend's place for one week and lived most of the time in my own rented place, should I mention my friend's address, or my own address? Does adress history mean my mailing address or residential address? because the role of my friend's address was just as a mailing address.
Well, since your friend's address is on the record, I would recommend that you mention that address. If you are asked for additional documentation, you can explain using a LOE about your situation.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Well, since your friend's address is on the record, I would recommend that you mention that address. If you are asked for additional documentation, you can explain using a LOE about your situation.
But my friend's address is just a mailing address. Where I physically lived is the place I rented. Isn't the address history the place I physically lived at?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
But my friend's address is just a mailing address. Where I physically lived is the place I rented. Isn't the address history the place I physically lived at?
Why I recommended this is because your provided your friend's address for the PR card. AFAIK, this address will be present in the GCMS system - the same system where your citizenship applications are stored and processed. All I am saying is that your friend's address is on file in the GCMS system. In case the officer has questions about it, it is better to be declared and then tell the officer that I don't have proof because it was a mailing address and I stayed there for only a week rather than not declaring that address and then having to do the same explaining when (if) the officer asks for it.

This is only my opinion, please feel free to not include it if you don't see the need. IMO, both of the above options could work out, so that's there.

Reactions: RJ2020

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Why I recommended this is because your provided your friend's address for the PR card. AFAIK, this address will be present in the GCMS system - the same system where your citizenship applications are stored and processed. All I am saying is that your friend's address is on file in the GCMS system. In case the officer has questions about it, it is better to be declared and then tell the officer that I don't have proof because it was a mailing address and I stayed there for only a week rather than not declaring that address and then having to do the same explaining when (if) the officer asks for it.

This is only my opinion, please feel free to not include it if you don't see the need. IMO, both of the above options could work out, so that's there.
Thank you so much for your time and reply. :)

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
CIC updated the citizenship application forms for Adult & Minor...Any one filling saved application (downloaded and working on the form since couple of weeks),please check back the website and download the new forms, if you see SAVE RESET PRINT FORM and PROTECTED WHEN COMPLETED - B it means you are using the older version. New version has got VALIDATE Option to get BARCODE. Thanks