19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
hello all ,

I managed to get some information from a reliable source that these are actually random but in a systematic way .

Every hundredth application will be selected to go through the process so if you are unlucky and your application arrived As 100th,200th,300th ... etc you will be going through quality assurance .

Regards

Hanzo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
hello all ,

I managed to get some information from a reliable source that these are actually random but in a systematic way .

Every hundredth application will be selected to go through the process so if you are unlucky and your application arrived As 100th,200th,300th ... etc you will be going through quality assurance .

Regards
Still sounds random to me.

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Still sounds random to me.
Absolutely not random if it is like this , mathematically random means there is no regular pattern for selection , choosing 100th , 200th and so on means there is a regular pattern in choosing the applications

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
hello all ,

Regards
Have a Q here - is the 100th etc app counted at Sydney or at regionals offices?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Some applications may be selected for an RQ at random, but certainly most applicants who receive an RQ were not selected at random. Quality Assurance may be random.

singh7k

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
edmonton
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
31 may 2013
Doc's Request.
31 jan relation proof/15 March pcc/17 march rprf
AOR Received.
18 july2013
IELTS Request
submitted with file
Med's Request
01 feb2014
Med's Done....
05 feb2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 april2014 17 july 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 April2014 18 july2014
LANDED..........
25 July2014

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014

hmilywsx

Feb 23, 2018
Hi, I'm so upset:( . We are in same boat.

I delivered my app on Oct. 18/2017, AOR is on Nov. 24/2017, IP is on Dec. 5/2018, Location is Mississauga. I just recieved the mail from IRCC that I was selected to Quality Assurance Program. Is it a big trouble? And I must provide Province Personal Health Claims Summary. In my eligibility period I lived in BC and ON, so how to obtain these records? Is there any one has any experience on it ? I realy need your help:( thanks!

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely not random if it is like this , mathematically random means there is no regular pattern for selection , choosing 100th , 200th and so on means there is a regular pattern in choosing the applications
Yeah- this sounds about as believable as TSA airport screening is random.
This is a common misconception among the public about random sampling. Systematic random sampling with regular intervals is actually widely used and is considered statistically random with respect to some populations.

In this case, there is no expectation that the order of applicants follows any particular pattern with respect to age, race, gender, etc. In other words, the qualities of applicants are randomly assorted. So if IRCC is truly doing quality control and assurance, then the OP’s claim that it is a systematic random sampling procedure would actually be logical and credible.

(There are many people that should be banned from the internet, but let’s not ban science and math.)

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Dear all

A couple of questions, which i would appreciate if you get help me with:?
1) when have people on this forum been getting RQ/QA? (before/after test? how much after IP/Test?)
2) does it show up in ecas? or do you just get it in the mail?

Many thanks

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a common misconception among the public about random sampling. Systematic random sampling with regular intervals is actually widely used and is considered statistically random with respect to some populations.

In this case, there is no expectation that the order of applicants follows any particular pattern with respect to age, race, gender, etc. In other words, the qualities of applicants are randomly assorted. So if IRCC is truly doing quality control and assurance, then the OP’s claim that it is a systematic random sampling procedure would actually be logical and credible.

(There are many people that should be banned from the internet, but let’s not ban science and math.)
I will elaborate on my sentence and TSA screening comparison. Random sampling would mean that every person would have equal probability of being selected. Unfortunately- I have been through enough "random screenings" with TSA at the airport to know that for sure it's not random.
I don't actually have a problem going through the screening- I just laugh when the TSA agent says it's random- and I say, sure it's random.

Same with the RQ stuff too. I am sure there's some method and reasoning to this. I don't buy into the random sampling. You are welcome to believe what you want to believe though.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
I will elaborate on my sentence and TSA screening comparison. Random sampling would mean that every person would have equal probability of being selected. Unfortunately- I have been through enough "random screenings" with TSA at the airport to know that for sure it's not random.
I don't actually have a problem going through the screening- I just laugh when the TSA agent says it's random- and I say, sure it's random.

Same with the RQ stuff too. I am sure there's some method and reasoning to this. I don't buy into the random sampling. You are welcome to believe what you want to believe though.
I agree with you there has to be some reasoning for an application to be selected for RQ. They are just putting it in nice words that you have randomly been selected.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Same with the RQ stuff too. I am sure there's some method and reasoning to this. I don't buy into the random sampling.
I agree with you there has to be some reasoning for an application to be selected for RQ. They are just putting it in nice words that you have randomly been selected.
The issuance of RQ and RQ-lite, that is CIT 0171 and CIT 0520, has been overtly fact-based, criteria-driven. No one has suggested otherwise.

Before the list of "triage criteria" detailed in the File Requirements Checklist, pursuant to OB-407, there was the appendix to CP - 5 Residence which listed risk indicators, referring to them as "reasons to question residency."

In contrast, for this PPQ - QAE and CIT 0205, IRCC purports to RANDOMLY SELECT participants and on its face this appears to be an exercise implemented in response to the auditor general's report criticizing the FRC list of triage criteria (the "risk indicators" employed in selecting who is given RQ). That is, it appears to be focused on assessing the criteria employed to identify potential fraud, rather than on catching individuals engaged in fraud.

In particular, the PPQ - QAE correspondence from IRCC, the cover-letter so to say, explicitly states that the recipient was "randomly selected." The very first line in the correspondence (at least that reported by most recipients so far) states:
"Your application was randomly selected for a special review exercise in connection with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) Quality Assurance Program." (Note: as requested elsewhere, for those reporting PPQ, please let us know if this is different than what you received.)​

By the way, elevated TSA screening does NOT purport to be entirely random. Some extra screening is purportedly random. But the additional screening many travelers are subjected to is fact-based, criteria-driven. Obviously. They are trained to identify reasons for suspicion and employ extra screening when they do.

It does appear, however, that a disproportionate number of those reporting PPQ have risk indicators. And, in this regard, it is worth noting that many of those affected for which it is not apparent there are risk indicators, they have not shared much information about their circumstances or qualifying factors so it is not clear applicants without risk indicators are getting this PPQ.

The "exercise" bears many resemblances to the OB-407 screening process, pursuant to which CPC-Sydney has (since April 2012) sent a pre-test RQ to applicants with circumstances triggering any of the triage criteria, the risk indicators, listed in the File Requirements Checklist.

As noted above, the only direct information that this process is random is the explicit statement by IRCC in its correspondence to those selected for the exercise; in particular, the PPQ - QAE correspondence from IRCC, the cover-letter so to say, explicitly states that the recipient was "randomly selected." Again, the very first line in the correspondence (at least that reported by most recipients so far) states:
"Your application was randomly selected for a special review exercise in connection with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) Quality Assurance Program."

The recent report by @hmilywsx, however, indicates being selected for the PPQ at a different stage of processing than most have reported. Unless this is an anomaly (which of course is possible), that would strongly indicate a selection process which is NOT random. The question I raise in the topic where PPQ is being most discussed is whether it is possible that IRCC is BOTH selecting some applicants RANDOMLY, attendant the stage of processing in CPC-Sydney proximate IP, and ADDITIONALLY replacing RQ with the PPQ, as in also sending PPQ (rather than RQ) to those who identified as having risk indicators.

Overall, there is no math or science yet available. There is minimal data which could have statistical significance. You are correct, if IRCC is in fact conducting a true quality control exercise aimed at evaluating the system rather than catching individual cases of fraud, it SHOULD randomly select participants. Indications in contrast that this may be another version of fraud-interdiction similar to the OB-407 screening process, however, at the least raise some questions about its alleged randomness.

There is a lot yet not known.