+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

sa_1415

Jul 31, 2017
You are right ... I just checked it now. May not be unconnected to today’s widespread glitch. I would wait and call them moro about it.
I have the same problem. There is no place to date and sign physical presence calculator . Did you get any update or solution?

Thanks a lot
Saeid

simonka0505

Nov 14, 2020
I used the second page from my old physical presence calculator pdf.
I have the same problem. There is no place to date and sign physical presence calculator . Did you get any update or solution?

Thanks a lot
Saeid
I printed out the second page with signature and date from my old physical calculator pdf i had saved. I tried again today and it was not fixed.

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020
Guys, I have received the AOR and wanted to know what is meant for the status "In Process ecas" ? Could you please advise what this process is essentially and when i ought to start preparing for the tests? Thanks in advance.

sa_1415

Jul 31, 2017
I used the second page from my old physical presence calculator pdf.

I printed out the second page with signature and date from my old physical calculator pdf i had saved. I tried again today and it was not fixed.
I checked today. It has not changed. I mean no place for date and signature. But, I realized in top of the both pages today's date is shown like 2020-12-02. can you check yours? what do you think? Is it possible that they have changed the form to the current format?

simonka0505

Nov 14, 2020
I checked today. It has not changed. I mean no place for date and signature. But, I realized in top of the both pages today's date is shown like 2020-12-02. can you check yours? what do you think? Is it possible that they have changed the form to the current format?
Yes, thats exactly what happened. My old format said last modified 2019. This one said modified november 28 2020. But u still need to sign it and dated. So its a mistake on their side. Should we give them a call?

Sriganganagar

Dec 5, 2020
Hi,
I have couple of question if somebody can answer.
1. In application Q,5 List all name...Should i have to write my current name or not in the table as well apart from previous name however i dont have any other name?
2. can i and my wife apply individualy or we have to apply together?
3. In the table about job...i have couple of casual jobs at the same time do i have to write all of them or only one of them provided with there should not be any time gap b/w two ?
4.In physical presence calculator..it askes what was the purpose of visit outside of Canada.. i went back for 177 days i started my job which i did not resign before coming to canada...so what should i write the reason in purpose of my visit?

Thank you

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
Need your advise about minor's application please.
I'm going to apply for my son's citizenship. Unfortunately, his birth certificate is not in English and needs to be translated. My question is: can I submit the photocopy of certified translation of the birth certificate used in his PR application back in 2017 or it should be a new certified translation. Should the translation be original or copy of certified translation would suffice? Thank you very much!

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
I sent a request and asked them if this is a technical issue. I will let you guys know if I get any updates
hi, did you get any updates?
shall we just manually sign the form and date it? also it now comes in two pages, where second page is empty, not sure if i should send it or no

sa_1415

Jul 31, 2017
hi, did you get any updates?
shall we just manually sign the form and date it? also it now comes in two pages, where second page is empty, not sure if i should send it or no
Hi, I am still waiting for their response. I had the same idea to sign the second page manually. I wait couple of days to see if they respond. I let you guys know.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Hi, I am still waiting for their response. I had the same idea to sign the second page manually. I wait couple of days to see if they respond. I let you guys know.
i just want to go ahead and send my pkg tmrw... let me know if you hear back by then

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hi Raj, thanks for the comprehensive information. Can you share where the interpretation that country of origin isn't the same as country of citizenship is from? I've tried searching for the definition of "country of origin" in the citizenship application context and haven't been able to find anything relevant. I was living in a country that isn't my country of citizenship when I applied for PR, and by your info, that wouldn't require a PCC. But I can't find any confirmation of this on the ICRC website. Thanks much.