Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello, I am gathering all the required documents for citizenship but got stuck at 1 place. I am a PR
Proof of language requirements. Do I have to give an English language test or instead can I submit my degree/ transcripts?

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
hi guys, i have a silly question. where do you photocopy your ID-s, passports? i can print the forms, but my printer is not good at printing "photo" documents, it darkens it, so it is a no go to do photocopies...

thanks in advance,

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Hello, I am gathering all the required documents for citizenship but got stuck at 1 place. I am a PR
Proof of language requirements. Do I have to give an English language test or instead can I submit my degree/ transcripts?
we will just attach diplomas and transcripts from Canadian college, to my understanding this should suffice.

trip90

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
we will just attach diplomas and transcripts from Canadian college, to my understanding this should suffice.
My education is from India and its in english language

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
My education is from India and its in english language
does it mention that the study language was english? the best way to check is to call ircc. i just phoned them and they told me i can simply attach my EXPIRED results of IELTS from immigration application.

trip90

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
What's the phone number?

trip90

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My wife and I attached copies of our degrees and transcripts from our home country in french and we received AORs without problems.
So, you never attached any English/ French language test proof?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
So, you never attached any English/ French language test proof?
nope, read the application guide if you study in English/French in Canada or abroad you can send a copy of your degree or transcripts.
If you have taken a language test in the past and that falls into the third-party language requirement for citizenship you can submit that too.

trip90

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Proof of language requirements. Do I have to give an English language test or instead can I submit my degree/ transcripts from India? or both?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Proof of language requirements. Do I have to give an English language test or instead can I submit my degree/ transcripts from India? or both?
Your degree and transcripts are only accepted if they clearly state that your mode of teaching of this program was purely english.

Reactions: nickarter84

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Please add me to the tracker

App Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application Sent: Dec 10, 2020
Application Delivered: Dec 11, 2020
AOR:
In Process ECAS:
Test invite letter / ECAS Date:
Test Interview Date:
DM Date:
Oath letter Date:
Oath Ceremony Date:

Last edited:

Sparkles

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @rajkamalmohanram . Thanks for putting this together, great to see your thread again after the PR app.

A quick question for tax filing , if landed in 2017 :

2016 Status: Required to file (No) and Taxes filed (No)
2017/2018/ 2019 Status : Required to file (Yes) and Taxes filed (Yes)
2020 Status: Required to file (Yes) and Taxes filed (No)

Does this read correct?

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Guys, I have some questions and hopefully, someone can take time to respond. Thanks in advance.

1. Main application form. Q9: I was issued multiple yearly temporary work permits before I got my PR. sometimes due to government processing times, there is a gap between the expiry of old and the start of a new work visa. it's an implied status during which I continue working in Canada, so is it ok to enter one record in the above table with the start date as the eligibility start date from the physical calculator and end date as the day I received my PR or should I enter one record for each visa renewal?

2. Physical Presence Calculator: My dependents were issued visitor records while I was on a work permit, so I guess I should select visitor type in the physical presence calculator for the dependents.

3. For Spouse's before and after marriage names are different, in that case, the instruction guide states"A foreign name change document that links your previous name to your new name, such as a foreign marriage certificate (with an official translation) or other foreign legal change of name document issued by foreign authorities;". Marriage certificates from back home only have the new name, so should we get an affidavit done here to show that all the different names are one and the same person?

4. Do we need to self attest any xerox copies that we attach with our application(bio pages from passport, IELTS,,...)

5. I see people talking about signing the Physical Presence Calculator printout,, but i don't see any space to do so. do we need to sign any of the documents except the main application form?

6. Do we need to sign behind the photos?

Last edited:

Kanja7th

Apr 15, 2017
Can any one help with advise please:
I submitted my application for citizenship on the 23 of July 2018, I was invited to the test on September 2019.
My presence days at the time of application was 1200 days. Of these days was about 1000 days of continues stay and work in Canada but my initial 200 presence days I was coming back and forth from overseas for almost 14 times (28 times of in and out of the country ). I was requested by the CIC local office on October 2019 to get them exit and entry record from 3 countries. I responded that I cannot and I do not have any connection in these countries after being working only in Canada for almost 4 years,

It is now almost 30 month since I have submitted my application and still in process, Can I submit a new application with my new documented 5 years of work and presence in the country.
What else can I do ?