+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Thank you @rafzy :) , how about Q15 part a) when it says “ If yes and you do not have a copy of your certificate, please check the following box and your participation will be verified in our system “ ,
Should I leave the box next to it empty?

I would like to send the application this time carefully, I don’t want to risk getting it back again , your help is appreciated really
yes. you can leave it empty

Reactions: Ahmad995

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hey guys. Dos it matter if I sent over my health card or driving license as the second id with my Passport? Is any of these two better option than the other? I’m asking cause Ive got my PR in early 2018 and just last month did my G1 drivers license.

circuit

Aug 7, 2014
My wife recently applied for citizenship. There was a question whether she filed taxes in the last 5 years. She did for 2017, 2018 and 2019 and she marked as yes for both required to file and taxes filed. This was done with help from CRA. However did she also have to mention 2016 and 2015. She immigrated to Canada in August of 2017. Was never in Canada before that. So she only mentioned those 3 years.

Looking for anyone with same experience to answer. If they got AOR. I am worried about the application. Would really like someone with a similar experience who has filled out less than 5 years to share their experience.

circuit

Aug 7, 2014
yes. you can leave it empty
Hi Rafzy,

Thanks for responding to the tax question earlier. I was going through the front page of the post and it said:

Q12 (b): Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last five (5) years using the chart below.
  • Enter the tax year and indicate:
    • If you were required to file for the particular year AND
    • If you actually filed the taxes
  • NOTE: DO NOT leave a blank box here. You MUST mention all 5 years in your eligibility period even if you were not present in Canada for a part of those 5 years.
Now this has got me concerned again. For your applications did you have all 5 years filled or less than that.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi Rafzy,

Thanks for responding to the tax question earlier. I was going through the front page of the post and it said:

Q12 (b): Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last five (5) years using the chart below.
  • Enter the tax year and indicate:
    • If you were required to file for the particular year AND
    • If you actually filed the taxes
  • NOTE: DO NOT leave a blank box here. You MUST mention all 5 years in your eligibility period even if you were not present in Canada for a part of those 5 years.
Now this has got me concerned again. For your applications did you have all 5 years filled or less than that.
Its for those who became PR and left Canada. For someone who came to Canada as PR in 2017, 2016 & 2015 does not matter. so you don't have to worry about it.

Sanathkumar C

Jun 14, 2020
@rajkamalmohanram I wanted to ask you what i should do to get my name added to the 2020 Citizenship applicants google sheet which is attached to your signature so that we can track my application along with rest of the people. I have received the AOR and wanted to know what is meant for the status "In Process ecas" ? Could you please advise. Thanks in advance.

simonka0505

Nov 14, 2020
Hey guys, as of today November 30 i tried to print physical presence calculator and it doesnt give me date, signature and consent in print form.

My older Physical presence calculator modified in 2019 has it but i needed to do some changes and now new modified as of November 28 2020 is missing this on second page.

I understand the content of this form. I declare that the information provided is true, correct and complete.
Signature of applicant:________________________________________
Date:__________________________________

Date modified: 2019-08-01

Is that a mistake on their side?

Do I just write that by hand?

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hey guys, as of today November 30 i tried to print physical presence calculator and it doesnt give me date, signature and consent in print form.

My older Physical presence calculator modified in 2019 has it but i needed to do some changes and now new modified as of November 28 2020 is missing this on second page.

I understand the content of this form. I declare that the information provided is true, correct and complete.
Signature of applicant:________________________________________
Date:__________________________________

Date modified: 2019-08-01

Is that a mistake on their side?

Do I just write that by hand?
I printed last night and it was there. Try fit to screen before printing

simonka0505

Nov 14, 2020
Yes, not sure how to add pictures here.

What I tried to correct this was use the same font and size to add signuture, date and consent and print out on my own. No matter what I tried or how many times i did calculation it was just not there, so found a way around it.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Yes, not sure how to add pictures here.

What I tried to correct this was use the same font and size to add signuture, date and consent and print out on my own. No matter what I tried or how many times i did calculation it was just not there, so found a way around it.
You are right ... I just checked it now. May not be unconnected to today’s widespread glitch. I would wait and call them moro about it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram I wanted to ask you what i should do to get my name added to the 2020 Citizenship applicants google sheet which is attached to your signature so that we can track my application along with rest of the people. I have received the AOR and wanted to know what is meant for the status "In Process ecas" ? Could you please advise. Thanks in advance.
Post the details here so that myself or someone else who has edit access to the sheet with add the details there.

simonka0505

Nov 14, 2020
Hey could someone confirm this for me please?

My eligibility from physical calculator is 2015-12-07 - 2020-12-07

Q1. I had work permit from 2015-January-14 to 2017-January-14, but I received my PR on 2016-January-12 so in 9B i put worker from 2015-12-07 (based on eligibility) and expire 2016-01-11 (one day before I became PR) Is this correct?

Q2. In address and work section I adjusted dates as first address and first job to 2015-12-07 to match my eligibility even tho they were in 2014. Is this correct?

Q3. Question 5 i put my First and Last name as name at birth even tho i never changed my name, i was married and now divorced, never changed my name ever do i need to mention this as well. My name been the same my whole life.

Q4. I need to sign my calculator on 2020-12-07, right?

Q5. I will be also be signing my application CIT0002 on 2020-12-07, right?

Is this the correct way of how the dates will be the same? Dont want to get it return.

Can I send it on the same date as I signed application?

Thank you for all responses, just want to make sure this is all covered before I send it.