+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

sa_1415

Jul 31, 2017
Dear Expert,
Please accept my apologies if my questions have already been replied and I appreciate your patience because of my long post.

I have been in Canada since June 2013 with work permit and I landed as PR on 2018-09-15. I am going to submit my application on December 1 (eligibility period: 2015-12-01 to 2020-12-01).
Question 9b: about date your status obtained/expired: my last work permit was valid till 2020-03-15 and I got my PR on 2018-09-15. What I need to put for the expire data? the actual date (beyond the date I got my PR) or the date I became PR?
I had a work permit for employer A which was issued 2015-08-14 to 2016-03-31. Then, I applied for a new work permit for employer B which was 2016-04-19 to 2017-03-31. While I was in Canada waiting for my new work permit there was 19 days gap. My concern: In question 11 we just need to put month and year, so I do not need any further action? What about when I calculate my eligible days with online tool? What I should put there for the gap

My wife had an open work permit 2015-08-14 to 2016-03-31. In December 2015 she got admission for one year college program. She needed to take English course first. She applied for the study permit and the university admission told her that she can join English course with her open work permit for maximum of six months. She also submitted the proof of document showing she applied for the study permit to her college and continued the English course. The study permit was issued on 2016-04-19. Again there is 19 days gap. What she can put for the day calculator tool?

I will be grateful to have your advice,
Saeid

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
1. The Citizenship application form (CIT 0002)
  • You MUST submit the application form that we filled in the previous step.
  • Once again, DO NOT FORGET TO DATE AND SIGN YOUR APPLICATION.
  • Also, do NOT forget that you should be eligible the day before the date mentioned in your application.
  • Do NOT post-date the application.
What is with the CIT 0002 form? When I answer "no" on some questions (such as 2, 4(b) and 8), the section underneath goes away on the form while your are filling it. Once I save it and print it, the sections appear and are empty. Now I am getting my OCD kicked in as I don't want to leave anything blank. Is this normal? if not then how to fix this?

Example:
in 7) when I check "yes" against address same as mailing address, the address section disappears, but in the printout .. the section appears and is empty.

Should I fill these empty field with a "-" with a pen?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
What is with the CIT 0002 form? When I answer "no" on some questions (such as 2, 4(b) and 8), the section underneath goes away on the form while your are filling it. Once I save it and print it, the sections appear and are empty. Now I am getting my OCD kicked in as I don't want to leave anything blank. Is this normal? if not then how to fix this?

Example:
in 7) when I check "yes" against address same as mailing address, the address section disappears, but in the printout .. the section appears and is empty.

Should I fill these empty field with a "-" with a pen?

Thanks.
You might want to check this out to see how I handled the weird behavior of the Citizenship grant application form.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Great work rajkamalmohanram.

I applied in September 2019 and received the AOR in December. This week, I received via email a CIT 0520 notice (RQ-lite?) to provide color photocopies of all pages in all my previous passports within the range of being physically here in Canada. This happened without receiving any sort of further communications since the AOR. There was no interview or test appointments arrangements prior!

My question to all if received any sort of request like this before even doing a test or an interview?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
You might want to check this out to see how I handled the weird behavior of the Citizenship grant application form.
I did the exact same, did you fill out the hyphens on the form with a pen after printing ?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018

I applied in September 2019 and received the AOR in December. This week, I received via email a CIT 0520 notice (RQ-lite?) to provide color photocopies of all pages in all my previous passports within the range of being physically here in Canada. This happened without receiving any sort of further communications since the AOR. There was no interview or test appointments arrangements prior!

My question to all if received any sort of request like this before even doing a test or an interview?
Are we not supposed to submit only the copies of the biographical pages and not all the pages ? I believe in your cases it's a special request.

@rajkamalmohanram Should I attach all the pages of my passport in my application?

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
i traveled(flight) US two times for a week each and it was vacation. I know the dates myself. But i have no details stamp of entry/exit on passport. Now am trying to search on I-94 and it doesnt provide any details. what to do ?

applemac1

Nov 21, 2020
The application takes into account only the last 5 years for physical presence requirements from the date you sign it.

For me going 5 years back, my starting date for physical presence would be 2015-11-15. I was 'not' in Canada on that day - I was in the US. And the date I actually left Canada was couple of months before that 2015-09-27 (I had work in the US).

What should I put for 'Date left Canada' for my 'oldest absence row' entry for the 5 years under consideration for physical presence?

* If I put 2015-09-27, then that takes into consideration days which are beyond past 5 years, messing up the calculation (and we have to enter days count on the form by subtracting start, end dates for each 'absence' row)
* If I put 2015-11-15, then although the calculation looks correct in this case but that wasn't the 'actual' date I left Canada.

Thanks for your help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Yeah RQ-Lite, I think, is a part of the QA process where they might check random applications OR if the processing officer has any doubts, s/he might request more information to confirm whatever you mentioned in the application is true.

I believe quite a few people have received such requests.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Are we not supposed to submit only the copies of the biographical pages and not all the pages ? I believe in your cases it's a special request.

@rajkamalmohanram Should I attach all the pages of my passport in my application?
When submitting your citizenship application, you are only required to submit biographical pages of your passport.

When people get RQ / RQ-Lite, they might be asked for additional information such as all pages of passport, lease agreements etc that might be relevant to the application.

Ahmad995

Nov 24, 2020
Hi @rajkamalmohanram
thank you for the great guide you are sharing with us
Should I answer Q15 b) and c) even if I don’t have (hearing impaired , disability...etc). Should I select “No” or just leave them empty. Thank you :)

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram
thank you for the great guide you are sharing with us
Should I answer Q15 b) and c) even if I don’t have (hearing impaired , disability...etc). Should I select “No” or just leave them empty. Thank you :)
Better to answer NO instead of leaving them empty and risking your file returned back as incomplete.

Ahmad995

Nov 24, 2020
Better to answer NO instead of leaving them empty and risking your file returned back as incomplete.
Thank you @rafzy :) , how about Q15 part a) when it says “ If yes and you do not have a copy of your certificate, please check the following box and your participation will be verified in our system “ ,
Should I leave the box next to it empty?

I would like to send the application this time carefully, I don’t want to risk getting it back again , your help is appreciated really