+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Ali Fayyaz

Feb 19, 2015
Hi Group ! Question on proof of language. Can I use my Secondary School Certificate from Pakistan issued in English as proof of English? I don't have the certificate from school saying they taught in English but I can get one (Just trying to save the effort).

Any advice will be appreciated.

wink

May 25, 2021
1) Based on the answer provided in the guide for question, 10 b we should not needing PCC if we lived in our country of origin before establishing PR and landing in Canada? Would like to know from people who recently submitted the application if they still provided PCC and for people not submitting it, if there was any issues?
Not sure what's the confusion here... instruction is clear... there are lot of previous discussion in the forum, look for it...

do we need to mention F1 and H1-b visa status info for this section?
Simple answer is YES. But if you are still not convinced, look for numerous discussions in the forum on this subject.

3) Currently I stay in a rental apartment. In case if I move to a different rental place in 3-4 months, should I update my application? Does this affect my application? And similarly updating marital status after the application is sent, causes any delay ?
Of course, if you move out of your current residence you should let IRCC know about it... it sould not affect the processing time...

4) I believe the answers mentioned in the guide is for offline application, so a few sections like letter of explanation, checklists, attaching physical presence are not applicable for online application
You need to still attach checklist and physical presence calculations for online applications as well... not sure what makes you to think it is applicable only for paper applications.

Reactions: Shiv_CR7

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
Not sure what's the confusion here... instruction is clear... there are lot of previous discussion in the forum, look for it...

Simple answer is YES. But if you are still not convinced, look for numerous discussions in the forum on this subject.

Of course, if you move out of your current residence you should let IRCC know about it... it sould not affect the processing time...

You need to still attach checklist and physical presence calculations for online applications as well... not sure what makes you to think it is applicable only for paper applications.

Thanks for the response.
I didn't see any specific section to attach checklist in the online application and didn't see it being mentioned anywhere. Hence the doubt.

wink

May 25, 2021
Thanks for the response.
I didn't see any specific section to attach checklist in the online application and didn't see it being mentioned anywhere. Hence the doubt.
For sure need to upload Physical presence calculation, not sure about the checklist though...

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
For sure need to upload Physical presence calculation, not sure about the checklist though...
There is a section for Physical presence calculation which calculates the days within the online application but no specific place to upload the result.

For the immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada question, do we also need to mention if we visited any country for couple of days or for a week?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi all
How long after submitting the application, they ask us to have the test?
Thanks so much
No one knows there is no timeframe, the processing time is now 24 months, so they can ask you to do the test in month 20 and then do everything else in 4 months or they can ask you to do the test in month 2 who knows.

Normally test comes after the background check based on this tracker for the 2022 application. but this is a small list of application and is not a real timeline for IRCC.

Also, Test invites after BC is normally based on the location you can look here for Aug applications. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2022-citizenship-applications.774107/post-10307166

Tracker here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit

Reactions: Parisuzy

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
No one knows there is no timeframe, the processing time is now 24 months, so they can ask you to do the test in month 20 and then do everything else in 4 months or they can ask you to do the test in month 2 who knows.

Normally test comes after the background check based on this tracker for the 2022 application. but this is a small list of application and is not a real timeline for IRCC.

Also, Test invites after BC is normally based on the location you can look here for Aug applications. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2022-citizenship-applications.774107/post-10307166

Tracker here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit

Thanks so much for your help. Just a question, what is the test interview date and what is the test? I thought it is just a test, not an interview, should we have both? Thanks so much again for your advice

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks so much for your help. Just a question, what is the test interview date and what is the test? I thought it is just a test, not an interview, should we have both? Thanks so much again for your advice
IRCC has the right to contact you and do an interview normally its a document verification where they just ask random questions about your ID and you show them your COPR and PR doc etc. most people just do the test and then that is is and some do both, honestly i have no idea who and why IRCC invite peole for interviews. but here is a link to an answer i gave someone today with a link to read more about the interview https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/notice-to-appear-verification-of-documents-and-interview.785184/post-10311864

read more here --> about the test and interview here as well and who needs a test ad who need an interview. i think b4 the pandemic people use to do it and then now they are slowly bring it back, but making it virtual
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html

wink

May 25, 2021
There is a section for Physical presence calculation which calculates the days within the online application but no specific place to upload the result.

For the immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada question, do we also need to mention if we visited any country for couple of days or for a week?
I think IRCC wants to know whether we have/had any kind of visa/permit to other countries and not the actual travel history.

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Hello all!

Thanks for this very useful thread @rajkamalmohanram and all collaborators.

I am planning to submit our citizenship application (family-2 adullts and 1 minor) in January 2023.

1) I did colour photocopy of 2 passports one a single page and then cut the A4 page in half and assembled (stapled) the half A4 pages corresponding to each applicant. Will that cause an issue pls?

2) For Question 15, I have been reading the forum but still unsure if we have to answer 15b and 15c as we already answered "Yes"to 15a. Qu 15b and 15c is unrelated to us. Do we still answer "No" pls?

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and best wishes for this festive season.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
IRCC has the right to contact you and do an interview normally its a document verification where they just ask random questions about your ID and you show them your COPR and PR doc etc. most people just do the test and then that is is and some do both, honestly i have no idea who and why IRCC invite peole for interviews. but here is a link to an answer i gave someone today with a link to read more about the interview https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/notice-to-appear-verification-of-documents-and-interview.785184/post-10311864

read more here --> about the test and interview here as well and who needs a test ad who need an interview. i think b4 the pandemic people use to do it and then now they are slowly bring it back, but making it virtual
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html
Thank you so much for your help. I am hoping to apply for citizenship.

Can I apply online and if so, would you please inform me about the portal that I can apply?

Another question, can I also the time spent as a student here for a max year? Also, in my counting dates, should I consider the date of COPR in my calculation or date of receiving the PR card?

In the application, it says " do you have proof of language" and ask for proof with the titles related to exams? I do not have as I graduated one degree in Canada, should i respond then no?

Should I upload any forms?

Also, should we upload a photo during the submission of application?

Thanks so much for your advice.

Last edited:

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thank you so much for your help. I am hoping to apply for citizenship.

Can I apply online and if so, would you please inform me about the portal that I can apply?

Another question, can I also the time spent as a student here for a max year? Also, in my counting dates, should I consider the date of COPR in my calculation or date of receiving the PR card?

In the application, it says " do you have proof of language" and ask for proof with the titles related to exams? I do not have as I graduated one degree in Canada, should i respond then no?

Should I upload any forms?

Also, should we upload a photo during the submission of application?

Thanks so much for your advice.
  • https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in
  • Yes
    • COPR shows the date you became PR so even if you get the card Ten yrs later you are PR as of the date in COPR
  • Attached is your degree, you studies in Canada so that means you either did in En/FR so it qualifies as proof
  • What do you mean upload any forms?? the online application is very straight forword.
  • Yes

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
  • https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in
  • Yes
    • COPR shows the date you became PR so even if you get the card Ten yrs later you are PR as of the date in COPR
  • Attached is your degree, you studies in Canada so that means you either did in En/FR so it qualifies as proof
  • What do you mean upload any forms?? the online application is very straight forword.
  • Yes

Thanks so much, I appreciate your help. Just as the last few questions:

1) For passports, should we only upload the previous passports within 5 years, or even before that should I also be uploaded?

2) Should I also upload my study/work permits?

3) For the question of when you had other citizenship (original country), what should we put as the start and end date?

4) For the question of where you lived in Canada, what should we put as the date of "to"? Will it be the date of submission?

5)When it says, enter the info of your residence/ work since the last five years, can I add more than that starting 10 years or I should not?

Thank you so much for your your patience in sharing your experiences and all your help, I wish you a wonderful new year

brawad

Jun 23, 2014
Hi
I am confused about how to fill the work/education vs addresses (Q10 and Q11).
If I am working in Canada and have traveled for one month's vacation. I thought I should include this in Q10. But what about Q11?
Example: 1/1/2021 working in Canada for a one-year's contract until 12/31/2021.
Q10: three entries for the address of the vacation split the work address into two entries.
Q11: One entry of 1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021 Work and then employer information.
Is this correct?