+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Also your
No you won't need to wait until filing tax for 2022. if you qualify to apply for citizenship in January they understand that taxing can not be filed until mid to late february so they don't expect us to wait until we file taxes. I also went to turkey without a visa, and I haven't started my application yet but I think it doesn't count as a immigration status in turkey so I will probably not worry about that trip

You do not need a visa to be considered a visitor in a country so ensure to add it as a visitor as that would be your immigration status if you are not a citizen of the country you visited, you are a visitor Visa-free or not

These are the status on the paper application. ----> so I would follow them.

Reactions: PGWWPP

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I actually stand corrected, You leave it out, as you did not have a VISA PGWWPP is correct, the application is referring to an actual Visa or documents not travel history necessarily.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
I actually stand corrected, You leave it out, as you did not have a VISA PGWWPP is correct, the application is referring to an actual Visa or documents not travel history necessarily.
Thank you, so then should not we include turkey visit? I think both your comment and PGWWPP's comment make sense, although we did not have a visa, we were visitors for turkey. Though not sure exactly what we need to do, should we include this or not in the table?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thank you, so then should not we include turkey visit? I think both your comment and PGWWPP's comment make sense, although we did not have a visa, we were visitors for turkey. Though not sure exactly what we need to do, should we include this or not in the table?
it says effective date or date obtained, which sounds like its asking when did you get the visa or status. the truth is you can put it and put the date as the date you went to that country, i am conflicted, i would just put it to be on the safe side and the other think is IRCC will ask for details if they need it and then you can always provide a letter to explain as well, i would hate for you to leave information out and then get hit for misrepresentation so go ahed add it (Its safer)

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
it says effective date or date obtained, which sounds like its asking when did you get the visa or status. the truth is you can put it and put the date as the date you went to that country, i am conflicted, i would just put it to be on the safe side and the other think is IRCC will ask for details if they need it and then you can always provide a letter to explain as well, i would hate for you to leave information out and then get hit for misrepresentation so go ahed add it (Its safer)
Thank you very much, it makes sense. Have a great new year

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Please reply. Thank you.

Hello,

I have some questions in the citizenship application form CIT 0002 E

Please help.

• Q 11 - How to answer section 11 if I was working multiple jobs during same time. I mean overlapping.
    I was doing two jobs (One full -time and One part-time)
    From To
    2017-08 to Present Work 1 (full-time)
    2017-05 to 2019 -10 Work 2 (part-time)
    2017 -01 to 2017-05 Unemployed
    Do the VO think that I have a gap of 3 months from 2017 -05 to 2017-08.

• Q 13 – Should we list Student / Employment / Tourist. Confused as all these are not immigrant visas.

• Q 15 a – Is old IELTS photo copy (dated 2013, used when applying PR) is enough for proof. Or Do I need to write IELTS.

• Q 17 c – Yes/ No , If I am not a Quebec resident.

• All places- Do we need to write N/A, if we have nothing to write or leave it blank.
    • Like in Q 4b,
    • Q 7b (if mailing address is same as home address)
    • Q 10 b (country /territory)
    • Q 14a (In table B)
    • Q 16 b
Please answer these questions. I will be very thankful.
  • Q 15 a – Is old IELTS photo copy (dated 2013, used when applying PR) is enough for proof. Or Do I need to write IELTS.
  • Yes, old IELTS is acceptable

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hi
I will be submitting my application for citizenship on January 2023 IA.
I need to show taxes for the past 5 yrs.

2018-2022.

However, by January my tax files wont be ready for 2022. Can I show 2017 then? My application form doesn't mention 2017. Just options for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022.

P.S I have been in Canada since 2015 Sep and have filed every year.

What can I do now?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi
I will be submitting my application for citizenship on January 2023 IA.
I need to show taxes for the past 5 yrs.

2018-2022.

However, by January my tax files wont be ready for 2022. Can I show 2017 then? My application form doesn't mention 2017. Just options for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022.

P.S I have been in Canada since 2015 Sep and have filed every year.

What can I do now?
IRCC knows that you cannot prove 2022 so you have nothing to worry about, just submit the application as is

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi folks,

Should I include the receipt of photo? I have read somewhere that we should but I cannot find it, also I cannot see that in the instruction or portal.

Can you please advise? Thanks so much

SszZTkmZ

Star Member
Aug 29, 2021
Hi folks,

Should I include the receipt of photo? I have read somewhere that we should but I cannot find it, also I cannot see that in the instruction or portal.

Can you please advise? Thanks so much
No need. just the studio stamp on the back is enough

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Can you please advise where it says this is required? I am applying online, so how can I include the stamp? Thank you for your help
I also applied online and if i remember it does say it n the digital citizenship photo section.

i had to upload the back and front of the picture and also include all the details for the place i took the picture

Screenshot of my online application ----> ( This is a PDF so instructions are not there, but online it says it somewhere)