+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

dugg1402

Dec 28, 2017
Hello all
I was reading the first couple of pages of this thread
I found this note:
  • NOTE 1: You CANNOT SUBMIT PR CARD AS AN IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT.

• Please advise if this is correct because the online application
Thanks
It's not mentioned in the guide
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html

So, i guess PR card can be an acceptable identification document.

ynardz

Nov 26, 2022
Hello,

Arrived in Canada December 2017. What should be the answer to the question TAX YEAR 2017 required to file tax yes or no? My accountant filed the tax in 2017.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello,

Arrived in Canada December 2017. What should be the answer to the question TAX YEAR 2017 required to file tax yes or no? My accountant filed the tax in 2017.
If you filed, the yes or no answer on required doesn't really matter, just say that you filed. In the online application it doesn't even ask you if you were required to file when you say you filed.

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Hi everybody, I completed my online application, my eligibility is from 2017/11/28 to 2022/11/27
So, should I send it tomorrow, November 28th?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi everybody, I completed my online application, my eligibility is from 2017/11/28 to 2022/11/27
So, should I send it tomorrow, November 28th?
I’ll say send on Dec 08 if you can. Always wise to give a few extra days in case of any confusion on dates or vacation trip that you might have forgotten

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
I’ll say send on Dec 08 if you can. Always wise to give a few extra days in case of any confusion on dates or vacation trip that you might have forgotten
I GOT MY PR ON SEP 12TH, 2019, I HAVE MORE THAN 3 YEARS WITH PR. IF NOVEMBER 27TH WAS LAST DAY SO , I SHOULD SEND IT NEXT DAY, RIGHT?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
I GOT MY PR ON SEP 12TH, 2019, I HAVE MORE THAN 3 YEARS WITH PR. IF NOVEMBER 27TH WAS LAST DAY SO , I SHOULD SEND IT NEXT DAY, RIGHT?
What is the date of your PR? As printed on the pr card? And did you make any travels outside the country while you were a PR

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hi there!!! Do you guys know if the Test de Français International is accepted as proof of language skills? I took one more than ten years ago (28/01/2012). Other question, I was an intern in PhD for 1 year in Montreal (UQaM), working in the lab, no scores, no transcripts. Can I use any statement of the university to proof that my French speaking and listening skills were enough for the PhD purposes?

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Hi Everyone.
I'm getting worried.
Applicant : single
Applied: online
Submitted: May 31st 2022
Days used in Canada: 1110 days
Application received: June 2nd 2022

Till now, I haven't gotten AOR. I can track with the status tracker and it says everything is in progress, but I'm worried that it's taken too long to get a response. I've gotten an email or 2. But they don't explicitly say 'acknowledgement'. It just says application is received. I'm unable to login with ECAs too.

I'm unsure if we still have the sheet where we update our info. But I'll like to be added there if we do. Thanks alot. Just needed to vent.
You guys were right :). I just got the invitation for the citizenship test . Here's my happy face :cool:. Thanks for calming me.

Reactions: Rhbcc

lazybrownie

Dec 1, 2022
Hello all! I'm applying for Citizenship for my wife. I'm having some issues with the address history:
- She currently lives at Address A on rent, but has a different Address B listed on her driving license because it's my brother's house and a permanent address. We've never lived there. Also, our online CRA account only has the Address A listed. What do we put in our contact information, and total address history? I will put ID proof as PR card and Health Card.
Thank you for your valuable feedback!

mk64

Dec 10, 2019
Hello all,
I was wondering if we need to add all the different types of status we've had in Canada in the last 5 years in the physical presence calculator? In my case, it'd be enough to just have my PR period and the period I held a work permit immidiately before that to satisfy the requirement but I was wondering if I need to add other periods as well (In my case it's a bit messy, implied status, a few study permits).
Sorry if this has alreday been answered and I missed it and thanks for your help!

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Hello all,
I was wondering if we need to add all the different types of status we've had in Canada in the last 5 years in the physical presence calculator? In my case, it'd be enough to just have my PR period and the period I held a work permit immidiately before that to satisfy the requirement but I was wondering if I need to add other periods as well (In my case it's a bit messy, implied status, a few study permits).
Sorry if this has alreday been answered and I missed it and thanks for your help!
you need to include all types of your status you have had within your legibility period

Reactions: mk64

mk64

Dec 10, 2019
Thanks for your reply. The reason I ask this is that they don't mention anywhere in the presence calculator that all 5 years must be accounted for. They just mention we need to get enough credits through both time after and before PR. I thought only including the non-ambiguos periods may make it quicker to verify and potentially speed up the application.
How do I add the time I had implied status? Should I have a separate entry or have it in the same entry as the work permit I eventually got? I don't see any options for impled status.

Last edited: