+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Cancelled By Mistake - VO missed reading the PCC

s_spiff

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
I submitted my Application on January 31st. eAOR January 31'st.

Last updated status: Medicals Passed. BG: Next step is to conduct a background check.

Based on the status, I guess I was going through R10 phase. I got a letter from CIC today that my application was cancelled because it was found incomplete. Specifically the Indian PCC.
The PCC issued to us by SFO Consulate was of the format:

"PCC Certified that there is no adverse information in respect of <Name> holder of Indian passport no. <pasport number> issued at Mumbai on 01-Jan-2008 for the period he stayed in India, which will render him ineligible for the grant of Tavel facilities including visa for Canada"

Bot myself and the dependent have similar letters. We had PCC's from two countries - USA FBI (country of residence) and Indian PCC.

Letter from CIC says the following:
"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Police Certificate:
o Your Police certificate from India was not provided. This document is required based on address/background history from January 2006 to July 2009. It appears you resided six months or more in that country.
NOTE: You did not provide a letter of explanation and proof of submission for this Police Certificate.
Note: As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for a total of six months or more, since the age of 18.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete."

Was my application mistakenly cancelled? Is there a way to bring it to their attention and reopen my case? If so, how do I go about it? I've seen people mention Case Specific Enquiry.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Application Cancelled (wrongly?) - Indian PCC

My question to you would be when did you get your Indian PCC and when did you submit your application.

If India wasn't your country of residence did you lived/visited India after obtaining your PCC?

SaraSmi

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2283 B
App. Filed.......
23rd Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
7th March 2017
Nomination.....
16th Nov 2016
AOR Received.
23 Dec 2016

s_spiff said:
I submitted my Application on January 31st. eAOR January 31'st.

Last updated status: Medicals Passed. BG: Next step is to conduct a background check.

Based on the status, I guess I was going through R10 phase. I got a letter from CIC today that my application was cancelled because it was found incomplete. Specifically the Indian PCC.
The PCC issued to us by SFO Consulate was of the format:

"PCC Certified that there is no adverse information in respect of <Name> holder of Indian passport no. <pasport number> issued at Mumbai on 01-Jan-2008 for the period he stayed in India, which will render him ineligible for the grant of Tavel facilities including visa for Canada"

Bot myself and the dependent have similar letters. We had PCC's from two countries - USA FBI (country of residence) and Indian PCC.

Letter from CIC says the following:
"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Police Certificate:
o Your Police certificate from India was not provided. This document is required based on address/background history from January 2006 to July 2009. It appears you resided six months or more in that country.
NOTE: You did not provide a letter of explanation and proof of submission for this Police Certificate.
Note: As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for a total of six months or more, since the age of 18.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete."

Was my application mistakenly cancelled? Is there a way to bring it to their attention and reopen my case? If so, how do I go about it? I've seen people mention Case Specific Enquiry.
Thats very sad news. How can they say you have not submitted India PCC... although you have submitted it. Same content is written on my India PCC.
Raise a case specific inquiry form and write a detailed explanation letter to them

karenv

Jul 8, 2014

I think the date is wrong. The PCC was issued in Jan 2008. However, in the history or background section, addresses in India were listed until July 2009. He missed the period from Jan 2008 to July 2009.

ankushtyagi

Jun 15, 2016

When was your PCC Issue date for India? Was it more than 6 months?

s_spiff

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016

Application was submitted on (AOR) January 31 2017. PCC dates are October 31st

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013

karenv said:
I think the date is wrong. The PCC was issued in Jan 2008. However, in the history or background section, addresses in India were listed until July 2009. He missed the period from Jan 2008 to July 2009.
That Issuance date is for Passport I guess not for PCC

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ankushtyagi said:
When was your PCC Issue date for India? Was it more than 6 months?
If he obtained pcc after leaving India and never get back there after, then 6 months doesn't apply

SaraSmi

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2283 B
App. Filed.......
23rd Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
7th March 2017
Nomination.....
16th Nov 2016
AOR Received.
23 Dec 2016

karenv said:
Jan 2008 will be his Passport issue date

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013

My Question would be;

Have you got your PCC from Indian Embassy in USA as you live outside India?

s_spiff

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016

RiZ92 said:
My Question would be;

Have you got your PCC from Indian Embassy in USA as you live outside India?
That is correct.