Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s_spiff said:
It was rejected (as incomplete).
Then it was cancelled (due to incomplete application) not rejected.
When the application is cancelled they refund the entire sum, when it is rejected - they refund only RPRF.

Raj has posted a big article where they explain the difference between cancellation and rejection. I don't have a link unfortunately.

s_spiff

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Dedicated said:
Then it was cancelled (due to incomplete application) not rejected.
When the application is cancelled they refund the entire sum, when it is rejected - they refund only RPRF.

Raj has posted a big article where they explain the difference between cancellation and rejection. I don't have a link unfortunately.
Ah.. thanks for the correction. I had written it correctly in the title.. but forgot about it since.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s_spiff said:
Ah.. thanks for the correction. I had written it correctly in the title.. but forgot about it since.
Here you go. I've found the link.

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
My bad, you are right. You will be refunded both fees. You learn something new every day

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I was rereading this thread. I feel that I got the reason for cancellation. Someone correct me if I am wrong..

The PCC text reads this...

PCC Certified that there is no adverse information in respect of <Name> holder of Indian passport no. <pasport number> issued at Mumbai on 01-Jan-2008 for the period he stayed in India, which will render him ineligible for the grant of Tavel facilities including visa for Canada

I believe the case officer definitely got misled by the statement 'period he stayed in India'. He seemed to have mistakenly linked it the passport issue date. If someone had noticed, many members in the first page who read OPs post mistakenly thought that your PCC was issued on Jan 2008. VO seems to have thought the same way and the words being immediate after passport date are genuinely misleading in some way.

I checked the PCC issued at NY consulate. It doesn't have those words. It just says '<passport number> issued at <city> on <date>, which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA'.

OP, I hope you clearly explained this ambiguity when you submitted the CSE. It might be really hard to make them understand as you will have to say that they need to be looking at the issue date at the top for PCC's issue and not the passport issue date. You cancellation message clearly means that they did look at the PCC. That is the reason they are mentioning PCC missing period of 2006 - 2009. They have concluded that your PCC is valid only till 2008, but your stay in India was till 2009 as per your address history, which is nearly a year, so you are missing the PCC.

Unless Indian SFO consulate corrects their verbiage, I am pretty sure many are going to face issue with this. It is better someone alert the consulate about this so that they correct the verbiage of their PCCs. Someone who already got from SFO PCC can do their best to explain this LOE.

Reactions: s_spiff

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Any update on this thread? I would request the OP to share the progress or how the movement is working on?

s_spiff

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Quick update.. I did get in touch with CIC they did not reopen the case. In their email to me they reiterated what they had said in their original email rejecting my application..

dhariti88

May 27, 2017
Hi Friends,

I submitted all my documents on Nov 22 and got a message in my inbox yesterday stating my application is rejected since the biographical page of my husband's passport is missing. I rechecked and confirmed that this was not the case unless they are looking for the cover page of passport with Republic of India logo.

I raised an inquiry using IRCC webform and got a new mail this morning that my application has been updated but I don't see any new messages or updates. How can I know if they have reopened my application and if not, what is the other route to go to have them reconsider the case since their reason of rejection is not valid at all. Any other CIC number I should call on?