+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
hehemie2 said:
Yes...maybe they will start working on our cases only after e-cas being fixed.
I called CIC and finally I got an answer, the AOR email was sent on Oct 28 and my application # C0000xxxxx. the agent explained that my application is on the new routine but not processed yet. I asked her to explain the new routine to me she could not say what it is other then they are trying to make the processing time shorter ::), as for online access she said their will be non till they start processing my case.
I guess I will just keep on calling every 2-3 weeks to find out whats going on. :( :(

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
noor-blue83 said:
they are trying to make the processing time shorter
Now that is a good thing ! And let us be positive that email AOR candidates who are on this new track do benefit from shorter processing time !

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Now that is a good thing ! And let us be positive that email AOR candidates who are on this new track do benefit from shorter processing time !
I wish and hope so... :)

Curious2010

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
10-06-2011
Guys, its good to see that we still bringing good hope for this email AOR. But reality is none of email acknowledged receipant got any progress yet. There are few June applicants among us on same boat but, I know many june applicants with formal / normal procedure have started get test calls.
To me its really frustrating being part of this so called new routine which definitely will end up with longer processing time.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
They are switching more and more to email AORs. When I called today this agent said ...Yes there are still cases of people getting the book in the mail etc...but we are moving towards email AORs ..and also with new procedures and recent changes etc...

But they couldn't tell you too much more.....I guess they don't have the kind of very in depth info we are seeking..since that is known to and available at Sydney.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
kumbu.bumbu said:
I would expect any new process would be advanced and efficient.

The CIC !!!!!!!!! is going reverse.

1. Acknowledge email received so late. (In my case no email or mail AOR. I am struggling to find what happened to my application)
2. No status update in ecas.
3. CIC agents do not have a clue how the new process works or going to work.
4. Everything is stone in the well until we get another email.
5. No CIC website says anything about a new process.
6. Why some of the newer applications are still using the old process. Is this like a lottery?
7. Is this new-routine a trial or beta process. In that case these should be given some more light/visibility.
8. So all the communications are going to be only emails for this new routine?
9. So called new routine seems to be slower, less efficient, no visibility.
Text above is what I wrote in the first page of this thread.

Apart from getting a late email AOR nothing happening to any of us in this so called new process. Without completing a end to test process now they say they are switching more and more email AORs.

They must have changed with some thing very less efficient in the process. Just sending emails in place of letters would not change the processing speed any way.

We can see these kind of under prepared, half cooked changes only with government process. Here none worry about losing their jobs when they do a mess like this.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:
Text above is what I wrote in the first page of this thread.

Apart from getting a late email AOR nothing happening to any of us in this so called new process. Without completing a end to test process now they say they are switching more and more email AORs.

They must have changed with some thing very less efficient in the process. Just sending emails in place of letters would not change the processing speed any way.

We can see these kind of under prepared, half cooked changes only with government process. Here none worry about losing their jobs when they do a mess like this.
the ones that might lose the job are the ones who make decisions like the minister himself, not the ones who follow the decisions.
before we become citizens, there is very limited things we can do except complaining...

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
the ones that might lose the job are the ones who make decisions like the minister himself, not the ones who follow the decisions.
before we become citizens, there is very limited things we can do except complaining...
Not sure if even the minister would lose his job because of THIS? ;)
The whole process is a big mess... and to be honest it was like this even during governments before the conservatives.

Poor decisions & policies, accompanied by ineffective execution of these policies!!

The backlog didn't accumulate last year... but its a problem that I see no one interested in putting "real" solutions to accommodate.

Its all about politics!!
Look how the conservatives passed the last Bill, and their timing, and the timing for the cutoff date...etc..

Its about the elections, not really about what's right or wrong...

well,.. my $0.02 ;D
Mary

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mary2009 said:
Not sure if even the minister would lose his job because of THIS? ;)
The whole process is a big mess... and to be honest it was like this even during governments before the conservatives.

Poor decisions & policies, accompanied by ineffective execution of these policies!!

The backlog didn't accumulate last year... but its a problem that I see no one interested in putting "real" solutions to accommodate.

Its all about politics!!
Look how the conservatives passed the last Bill, and their timing, and the timing for the cutoff date...etc..

Its about the elections, not really about what's right or wrong...

well,.. my $0.02 ;D
Mary
Absolutely agree.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
jrjayl said:
Minister would lose job for some other reasons.

Let us assume in a private company they introduce a system which is less efficient and non working. That replaces the current working system. Because of that part of customers were affected. What will happen?
The guy who introduced the system and management would be on the top of that and would resolve the new system or revert back to the old working system. Some one will take responsibility. Some one will be held responsible.

Here it is government job. Secured Job. Service is the general public, who cannot go to some other vendor or manufacturer. Everything is taken for granted. No one cares. No one loses the job. Even if they keep this like this until two years (according to the CIC site 2 years is normal processing time) are we able to do anything? No sir.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
And I did not apply for PR card renewal. Now I have no option but to apply for PR cards for the family. That would be another 400$ and 6 months waiting.
I will have to buy a ticket and apply in Urgent Processing.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
It looks like people who applied well after June / July / August are being processed if they are from GTA. Here is a clear example

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2014-citizenship-application-t238133.0.html;msg3768322#msg3768322

So I wonder if they are channeling all non-GTA types etc to the EMAIL AOR and fast tracking GTA and some other folks. I mean...if this person in the above example who applied in Oct and already got a letter etc ....

The Call Centre is saying they are overhauling GCMS and those with email AORs should see something. They are also not too clear on the nitty gritty specifics.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC this morning to check file status. Agent says file still in Sydney but In Process. Background check not completed. May see Ecas update by Feb. All they keep telling total processing time up to oath is 24 month.. So we should wait..

I think they will only update Ecas for those who received Email AOR once they are ready send file to local office or test. But surely it may take few month longer than people with letter AOR with online Ecas access. I believe they are just doing the experiment with Email AOR and not sure what do with these files when letter AOR files are moving fast..

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
rayman_m said:
I called CIC this morning to check file status. Agent says file still in Sydney but In Process. Background check not completed. May see Ecas update by Feb. All they keep telling total processing time up to oath is 24 month.. So we should wait..

I think they will only update Ecas for those who received Email AOR once they are ready send file to local office or test. But surely it may take few month longer than people with letter AOR with online Ecas access. I believe they are just doing the experiment with Email AOR and not sure what do with these files when letter AOR files are moving fast..
Half year has passed and the background check not completed yet??? Or they just have not started background check?