+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Overall nothing has changed, they are still saying that the process time will take years for regular applications.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I called CIC 2 weeks back the agent told me that the application is 'Complete'.
I called CIC today and the agent told me it is "in processing".
Both said it is in Sydney.

What does that mean? I am confused.. If it is complete then probably next step is sending to local office.
When asked how come lot of people getting test invite and waiting for oath from June and my application is not even transferred to local office the agent said "they are lucky and I am very surprised".
Feels like email AOR recipient are experiencing blackhole :)

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could be that for all email AOR under new routine they are waiting for all background reports and paperwork ready before being given to representative for final decision. Once that is done test & oath can happen in 2-3 weeks. This way the local office will rather focus on test,interview & oath only.
Also I heard that people who filled application by hand are getting mail AOR and those who typed are getting email AOR as the system scans the fields on application instead of a human entering the info. Please comment if this could be true?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
The question to also ask is:

Did EVERY SINGLE applicant who received the letter in the mail with Discover Canada book NOT give their email in the application or leave that field blank or reply N/A ?

The above logic sounds a bit dicey in the 21st century and also from a common sense perspective - if someone has an email address they are bound to give it/report it on the application !

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
The question to also ask is:

Did EVERY SINGLE applicant who received the letter in the mail with Discover Canada book NOT give their email in the application or leave that field blank or reply N/A ?

The above logic sounds a bit dicey in the 21st century and also from a common sense perspective - if someone has an email address they are bound to give it/report it on the application !
Most of the applicants I know who received Postal AOR also provided email id like us.

maali said:
It could be that for all email AOR under new routine they are waiting for all background reports and paperwork ready before being given to representative for final decision. Once that is done test & oath can happen in 2-3 weeks. This way the local office will rather focus on test, interview & oath only.
Also I heard that people who filled application by hand are getting mail AOR and those who typed are getting email AOR as the system scans the fields on application instead of a human entering the info. Please comment if this could be true?
Hope it is true and once it is transferred to local office they just focus on test , interview and oath. :)

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was talking about hand-filled application VS typed application form not provide email VS no email on application

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing happened with the email AOR people this year. Guess we'll have to look to 2015.
I'll be more than happy as long as the case can be finished within next year.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:
I was talking about hand-filled application VS typed application form not provide email VS no email on application
I don't know if anyone who filled application by hand. May be the person who filled application by hand and got RQ may be their handwriting is/was not clear..
Just my guess

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hi,

Can anybody explain what is written in RED COLOR? May be because of this new rule we received AOR by Email! and our files on hold!

The reforms that took effect on August 1, 2014 include:

New decision-making model

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has significantly improved its ability to process applications by increasing its decision making capacity from approximately 30 citizenship judges to more than 450 decision makers.

Under the new decision-making model – a one-step process as opposed to the former three-step one – citizenship officers now decide all aspects of most citizenship applications. Under the old model, obtaining citizenship involved too much duplication of work. Citizenship officers reviewed the files and prepared them for a citizenship judge, who approved or rejected the application, returned it to the officer, who then granted citizenship on behalf of the Minister or recommended an appeal of the judge's decision.

On a transitional basis, cases where the officer believes the applicant does not meet the residence requirement will be referred to citizenship judges for decision. Citizenship judges will also remain responsible for the important role of presiding over citizenship ceremonies and administering the oath of citizenship, which is the final step before citizenship is granted.

Complete applications

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) now also has stronger authority to define what constitutes a complete application and what evidence applicants must provide. The strengthened ability to require up-front proof that certain requirements are met and to return incomplete applications will significantly improve efficiency and ensure resources are focused on complete applications.

The ability to put a file on hold if there is an ongoing immigration investigation and to declare a file abandoned if an applicant fails to comply with a request for information or attend an interview will result in further efficiency improvements.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
I think putting the file on hold only happens if your file is incomplete. I call CIC last week and the Agent told me that my file looks complete and is been processed. she also said the only reason we are not seeing any Ecase is because of their system & they are working on it.
look if there is any thing wrong with your application they would have sent you an email or a letter requesting supporting documents or sent you a RQ.

Iebo said:
Hi,

Can anybody explain what is written in RED COLOR? May be because of this new rule we received AOR by Email! and our files on hold!

The reforms that took effect on August 1, 2014 include:

New decision-making model

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has significantly improved its ability to process applications by increasing its decision making capacity from approximately 30 citizenship judges to more than 450 decision makers.

Under the new decision-making model – a one-step process as opposed to the former three-step one – citizenship officers now decide all aspects of most citizenship applications. Under the old model, obtaining citizenship involved too much duplication of work. Citizenship officers reviewed the files and prepared them for a citizenship judge, who approved or rejected the application, returned it to the officer, who then granted citizenship on behalf of the Minister or recommended an appeal of the judge's decision.

On a transitional basis, cases where the officer believes the applicant does not meet the residence requirement will be referred to citizenship judges for decision. Citizenship judges will also remain responsible for the important role of presiding over citizenship ceremonies and administering the oath of citizenship, which is the final step before citizenship is granted.

Complete applications

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) now also has stronger authority to define what constitutes a complete application and what evidence applicants must provide. The strengthened ability to require up-front proof that certain requirements are met and to return incomplete applications will significantly improve efficiency and ensure resources are focused on complete applications.

The ability to put a file on hold if there is an ongoing immigration investigation and to declare a file abandoned if an applicant fails to comply with a request for information or attend an interview will result in further efficiency improvements.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
It seems like maybe there are letting thro for processing in GTA and some areas applications that are simple and the rest (increasing majority) are on the EMAIL AOR track and still waiting to see any update.

This is also obvious from some reports from other posters from larger GTA who have applied June/JUly or later who see eCAS and are even getting test invites (not everyone I am sure...but the simpler applications - hope its not luck the way they pick something for fast tracking....like the Vancouver example where the guy was done in 4 months ..from submission to Oath :eek:)

I called and was told its some new and updated system they are working on...said you should be able to see something on eCAS in Jan...

They are def speeding up and streamlining...so guess we should be thankful for that..I say just chill till then...and enjoy the holiday season .... ;D

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
It seems like maybe there are letting thro for processing in GTA and some areas applications that are simple and the rest (increasing majority) are on the EMAIL AOR track and still waiting to see any update.

This is also obvious from some reports from other posters from larger GTA who have applied June/JUly or later who see eCAS and are even getting test invites (not everyone I am sure...but the simpler applications - hope its not luck the way they pick something for fast tracking....like the Vancouver example where the guy was done in 4 months ..from submission to Oath :eek:)

I called and was told its some new and updated system they are working on...said you should be able to see something on eCAS in Jan...

They are def speeding up and streamlining...so guess we should be thankful for that..I say just chill till then...and enjoy the holiday season .... ;D
Hope so. I have a gut feeling that from end of Jan and in Feb, we will see lot of update from email-AOR recipients. My current passport is getting expired in June 2015 and I will not mind if I get a test invite my by end of Feb and oath done by end of May. :)

maysee

Dec 9, 2014
Hi all, New to this forum. Applied on 26 th sept , recieved on 29th sept by CIC . Received a Paper AOR and book by canada post today ,i mean about 1545 in the post, with App no. C000XXXXX. No ecas no e mail aor. called cic this morning and last week no trace of application in the call center database.

Wondering what is happening .......... can some one advise?? Thanks in advance.

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:
It could be that for all email AOR under new routine they are waiting for all background reports and paperwork ready before being given to representative for final decision. Once that is done test & oath can happen in 2-3 weeks. This way the local office will rather focus on test,interview & oath only.
I guess it is not true. I typed my application including explanation letter and received mail AOR.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Looks like they are pushing GTA applicants forward or are they ?

They keep saying more and switching to emails with C0000 type application no. etc and we continue to see people reporting that they applied well into Aug / Sep ...maybe even Oct and are receiving the letter in the mail with Disc. Canada book AND also able to see eCAS AND also seem to have In Process reflected.

What about the others with email AOR who cant see anything or don't know where their processing is ? Any insights guys on these trends emerging....??

Double standards or just early days when old and new systems are overlapping...don't quite know what to think :-\