+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A few applicants, including myself, since june 2014 got their applications processed under the so called "new routine" as per cic agents, whatever that means. Basically they get an email AOR, their application no is in the form C000XXXXX and they don't have access to eCas so far...
So here's a couple of questions:

1- Are there any applicants under the "new routine" here on this forum that received any other notification after the email AOR ?
Applicants under the "old" process from, July and even August have seen some progress (test dates, received line disappeared, file transfer to local office)

2- Is the selection of applicants to go under this "new routine" totally random ? There are people from September that have eCas access and no email AOR.

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hi, I received AOR by email also, No Ecas No mail.

We are really want to understand what is going on with the new routine.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Me too only email hope e-cas will soon come up!!!
Cheers,

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
A few applicants, including myself, since june 2014 got their applications processed under the so called "new routine" as per cic agents, whatever that means. Basically they get an email AOR, their application no is in the form C000XXXXX and they don't have access to eCas so far...
So here's a couple of questions:

1- Are there any applicants under the "new routine" here on this forum that received any other notification after the email AOR ?
Applicants under the "old" process from, July and even August have seen some progress (test dates, received line disappeared, file transfer to local office)

2- Is the selection of applicants to go under this "new routine" totally random ? There are people from September that have eCas access and no email AOR.
Good questions, I have also been curious to find out what, and if any updates were provided after "AOR" email too. I will be watching this thread to see.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
New routine. I'll be asking CIC today and will keep you guys posted.

birbal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18/06/2010
I am also in the same boat. What I understand that we will get direct test date - soon

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
birbal said:
I am also in the same boat. What I understand that we will get direct test date - soon
Sounds even better! Direct test'll be awesome.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would be cool if you guys put your timeline in your signature, indicating your local office, received date, and email AOR date, single or family applicant, and any other communication with cic (calls, case inquiries, etc...).... Check the format of my signature.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calling CIC this morning reveals that they "might" update eCAS end of November so those who received email AOR can see something online.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Calling CIC this morning reveals that they "might" update eCAS end of November so those who received email AOR can see something online.
I just don't understand why couldn't they use the new decision model all they want and still put us on ecas just like everybody else

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
I would expect any new process would be advanced and efficient.

The CIC !!!!!!!!! is going reverse.

1. Acknowledge email received so late. (In my case no email or mail AOR. I am struggling to find what happened to my application)
2. No status update in ecas.
3. CIC agents do not have a clue how the new process works or going to work.
4. Everything is stone in the well until we get another email.
5. No CIC website says anything about a new process.
6. Why some of the newer applications are still using the old process. Is this like a lottery?
7. Is this new-routine a trial or beta process. In that case these should be given some more light/visibility.
8. So all the communications are going to be only emails for this new routine?
9. So called new routine seems to be slower, less efficient, no visibility.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:

1. Acknowledge email received so late. (In my case no email or mail AOR. I am struggling to find what happened to my application)
6. Why some of the newer applications are still using the old process. Is this like a lottery?
7. Is this new-routine a trial or beta process. In that case these should be given some more light/visibility.
I am taking a guess that the June/July/August applicants who supplied email address in the application form shall be processed in the new routine.
Which means... buddies, we are lab rats.

After knowing this, anything wouldn't really surprise me.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same boat. Got email with App no. C000XXXXX from CIC after case specific inquiry. No email , No e-Cas update, No Postal mail or anything.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:

Did you try to put case specific inquiry with all the details (Client ID, copy of payment receipt, copy of Canada post delivery confirmation) . I submitted with all the details and got reply from them in 2-3 weeks time with email stating App no. C000XXXXX.

birbal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18/06/2010
jrjayl said:
I am taking a guess that the June/July/August applicants who supplied email address in the application form shall be processed in the new routine.
Which means... buddies, we are lab rats.

After knowing this, anything wouldn't really surprise me.
I like it LAB RATS