+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
I did not recieve an email. I just have an ecas.

Does that mean my file was processed under the old system ?
In terms of decision making (an officer instead of a judge) and faster processing time I think you're fine if you're application started processing on or after August 1st (following the changes of the new law)..
Applicants referred to in this thread are to be processed under what the CIC agents refer to as "the new routine".. So far we know nothing about it except what's mentioned in this thread.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
I did not recieve an email. I just have an ecas.

Does that mean my file was processed under the old system ?
I think you are in better position than people in this thread. The new routine is just like a black hole. No one knows what it is. If you have eCAS access you are in better situation.

Curious2010

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
10-06-2011
Any email notified applicant got ECAS updated yet?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Curious2010 said:
Any email notifier got ECAS updated yet?
hopefully they get to fix eCAS before 2015 so we can see something online.
so far, no progress.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
hopefully they get to fix eCAS before 2015 so we can see something online.
so far, no progress.

Got an email AOR 6 days ago and could not access ecas. Called CIC and they mentioned that I will start seeing beginning of January.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
catchvb said:
Did you try to put case specific inquiry with all the details (Client ID, copy of payment receipt, copy of Canada post delivery confirmation) . I submitted with all the details and got reply from them in 2-3 weeks time with email stating App no. C000XXXXX.
I did that and after long wait I got an email that my application was received on Jun 24 (not in process) and an email AOR was sent. I never got email AOR though. I had to call them to get my C000 #.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I don't get what rationale they use to send someone an email AOR and what "so-called" pilot (or not) this is ? Some agents say it is the "same" as those who got the hard copy Discover Canada and letter in the mail ? No one seems to be able to explain exactly what ?

Another agent said.... they are gradually moving towards full email AOR. So as someone said is it Lab Rats/Guinea pigs to test out some new procedure ?

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
I don't get what rationale they use to send someone an email AOR and what "so-called" pilot (or not) this is ? Some agents say it is the "same" as those who got the hard copy Discover Canada and letter in the mail ? No one seems to be able to explain exactly what ?

Another agent said.... they are gradually moving towards full email AOR. So as someone said is it Lab Rats/Guinea pigs to test out some new procedure ?
You are right. It is coming to the point of weirdness. Note that some of our friends before August change also got the E-mail "AOR" as back as June/July and they have also not got any response.

Clearly, there is something which is associated with the applicants, some factor, of the application based upon which an E-mail AOR is given than the paper AOR. Haven't found anything yet specific.

It could be my wild guess that those who have done any Education in Canada are getting Email AOR or their education level assures the CIC that he/she can handle instructions through Email. My hypothesis is that the CIC would make it sure before that the person is computer friendly so as to read the Discover Book online. That doesn't mean all those mail AOR are not computer friendly but there has to be some factor which differentiates one from another.

Keep your thoughts flowing friends :)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepolestar said:
You are right. It is coming to the point of weirdness. Note that some of our friends before August change also got the E-mail "AOR" as back as June/July and they have also not got any response.

Clearly, there is something which is associated with the applicants, some factor, of the application based upon which an E-mail AOR is given than the paper AOR. Haven't found anything yet specific.

It could be my wild guess that those who have done any Education in Canada are getting Email AOR or their education level assures the CIC that he/she can handle instructions through Email. My hypothesis is that the CIC would make it sure before that the person is computer friendly so as to read the Discover Book online. That doesn't mean all those mail AOR are not computer friendly but there has to be some factor which differentiates one from another.

Keep your thoughts flowing friends :)
I and my friend posted on same date, received on same date. Both are educated outside Canada and have similar travel history (been out multiple times ..including trips to USA and other countries). Almost similar application. Both come from same country. My and her husband both have similar background. She got postal mail and I got email AOR. She got her test invite I am still waiting for any further communication.
Looks like it is complete random and it is frustrating. At least they should fix the eCAS access issue.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
maybe it also depended on where your friend lived? where is that?
Same city and same local office.It amazes me how random it can be.
I think until they fix the eCAS issue they are not going to do anything applications of E-mail AOR recipients.