+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
RQ is case to case.
Just give them what they want ASAP. In some cases even with RQ processing time is still fast. Good luck!
Thanks. I hope so.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
Do you have any clue/reasons which triggered RQ? is this full RQ or CIT-520 asking specific documents? So your file transferred to local office and they issued RQ or it is issued by Sydney ?
[/quote

It was issued by Montreal's office.

I applied with 1096 days, having multiple exits (around 200 days in total), maybe, it is related to that.

The document is CIT 171.

I have all the documents they asked for but I have to tranlate some stamps

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope you will be OK. I applied with 1100 days and 140 days travel (7 trips: 2 family vacation and 5 alone on business) but all to the home country with single passport. I attached passport all pages colour copies with exit/entry stamps (english), NOAs (self-employed), cover letter on work history with contracts, letters etc. All my family members now Canadian Citizen (they applied 2 month earlier) except me. Hoping no RQ.

Is that you have 200 days all middle east travels? I think Montreal office is bit strict on residency proof..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
desigirltoronto84 said:
I am on the same boat.

No ecas. No AOR.

BUT ... Today I received a BLANK IMM5401 - the Receipt, from CIC. The receipt has a number starting with C. There are two sections on it - Copy 1 - is for me, Copy 2 is to be returned to CIC. The information on the receipt (such as Bank Stamp, Total Paid, Date of Payment etc. ) is to be filled out by a Bank. The mail did not come with any instructions - but I am assuming that I need to get it filled by my bank and send it to CIC.

Fair enough. But I am confused about this mail... because I have already paid $400 fee online before sending my application to CIC. And I sent the completed and signed online receipt to them on September. The reference number of this receipt starts with an R.

Has anybody experienced this ? What did you have to do in this case?

I will call the CIC call centre tomorrow - but I get the feeling that the Agents are not very knowledgeable.

I am surprised that they just sent me the blank IMM5401 without any instructions.

Please help.
Even though you have made the payment of $400, I think you received that form because during the application process you might have ordered this form online thinking that you will make a payment at the financial instituion and because of that CIC might have sent it to you. Do you remember ordering this form?

Also, if the payment is not received the whole application is returned thus i suspect that you have ordered this form.

Check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

If your application does not meet the initial processing requirements, does not include the appropriate fee payment, or is not complete, it will be returned to you.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Even though you have made the payment of $400, I think you received that form because during the application process you might have ordered this form online thinking that you will make a payment at the financial instituion and because of that CIC might have sent it to you. Do you remember ordering this form?

Also, if the payment is not received the whole application is returned thus i suspect that you have ordered this form.

Check this link:

If your application does not meet the initial processing requirements, does not include the appropriate fee payment, or is not complete, it will be returned to you.
Mostly USA and South America.

zwt10

Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
update on my ecas:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 13, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on November 27, 2014.
Your file was transferred to the Windsor office on December 4, 2014. The Windsor office will contact you.

Meanwhile, enjoy the holidays everyone!

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:

Check this link:

I think I did. It's over three months ago. I don't remember clearly. But you are the fifth person who gave me this reponse (including two CIC agents) therefore, I will stick to it. :)

I have different questions though... when I called CIC twice (spoke two separate agents) today about the IMM5401 - two agents told me two different things about my application status.
first one asked me to wait till mid jan and call back.
second one gave me the same response re: IMM5401 but told me that my application may have been returned. when I told her I have not received it in the mail, she said well it may have been lost - we do not guarantee Canada post services. She suggested I should reapply.

I am sorta depressed by her response. And not sure what to do. I have the entire application package scanned - So I could print and send it to CIC. but some of the documents are old and would need to be regenerated no?

This seems very confusing. Please help.

zwt10

Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
I think I did. It's over three months ago. I don't remember clearly. But you are the fifth person who gave me this reponse (including two CIC agents) therefore, I will stick to it. :)

I have different questions though... when I called CIC twice (spoke two separate agents) today about the IMM5401 - two agents told me two different things about my application status.
second one gave me the same response re: IMM5401 but told me that my application may have been returned. when I told her I have not received it in the mail, she said well it may have been lost - we do not guarantee Canada post services. She suggested I should reapply.

I am sorta depressed by her response. And not sure what to do. I have the entire application package scanned - So I could print and send it to CIC. but some of the documents are old and would need to be regenerated no?

Maybe you should try to make an online case specific inquiry about the status of your application and attach a copy of your receipt, you should get a more reliable response than from all those call center agents.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
Application delivered - October 20, 2014
AOR by email - December 22, 2014
Ecase status "received" - December 24, 2014

Not bad eh ;D

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
desigirltoronto84 said:

I would suggest you to wait till end of January to see if the application shows up on ecas or it gets returned. Don't rush.
I suppose sending case specific inquiry won't yield any fruitful result unless the application has been entered in the system but there is no harm trying.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any email AOR with test notification? Atleast June applicants should be receiving soon!

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just noticed something, Scarborough only has January 9, 2015 updated on their website so far for a Citizenship ceremony.
hmmm ::) Do I smell same and next day ceremonies for Scarborough January the 8th and 9th test takers?

P.S. Kitchener, Windsor, Hamilton, Kingston have dates spread through out January.
Hamilton and Windsor have ceremonies as early as December 30, 2014
With Mississauga doing ceremonies every day in January back into February

lets hope they update some more dates for Scarborough soon, This way the folks being called in for tests can complete their journey in a timely manner.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I would suggest you to wait till end of January to see if the application shows up on ecas or it gets returned. Don't rush.
I suppose sending case specific inquiry won't yield any fruitful result unless the application has been entered in the system but there is no harm trying.
Thanks. Yes, I plan to do that.