+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
yr97,

Does your e-CAS say it is in process or was it based on ATIP/question to CIC ? Also, does your e-CAS explicitly say your application was transf. to your local office - or again this was determined thro 1-888 no. or other indirect means ?

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
yr97,

Does your e-CAS say it is in process or was it based on ATIP/question to CIC ? Also, does your e-CAS explicitly say your application was transf. to your local office - or again this was determined thro 1-888 no. or other indirect means ?
My e-Cas is still showing received.. My file is still in Sydney but based on a few calls with the CIC call centre, it's in process.. But who knows!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked today again and still shows Received.
Guess not much to expect before 2015. I'll be very happy if everything can be done within a year.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
look what I found ;D

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office on December 17, 2014. The Citizenship Guy-Favreau office will contact you. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
yr97,

check these links guys....

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872619

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=916869

Expect the process to be faster...

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks!....good news catch!

emceemouli said:
check these links guys....

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872619

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=916869

Expect the process to be faster...

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To have applicant fees more closely reflect the costs associated with processing citizenship applications, citizenship processing fees will increase from $300 to $530 for applicants whose complete applications are received after Jan. 1, 2015. These applicants will benefit from the processing improvements outlined above, and this is in keeping with user-pay principles and a move toward full cost recovery in the citizenship program.
So does this mean that September applicants are following the old decision making model.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bad news here.

My ecas only indicates "in process" and I received an RQ from Montreal's office.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Bad news here.

My ecas only indicates "in process" and I received an RQ from Montreal's office.
RQ is case to case.
Just give them what they want ASAP. In some cases even with RQ processing time is still fast. Good luck!

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am on the same boat.

No ecas. No AOR.

BUT ... Today I received a BLANK IMM5401 - the Receipt, from CIC. The receipt has a number starting with C. There are two sections on it - Copy 1 - is for me, Copy 2 is to be returned to CIC. The information on the receipt (such as Bank Stamp, Total Paid, Date of Payment etc. ) is to be filled out by a Bank. The mail did not come with any instructions - but I am assuming that I need to get it filled by my bank and send it to CIC.

Fair enough. But I am confused about this mail... because I have already paid $400 fee online before sending my application to CIC. And I sent the completed and signed online receipt to them on September. The reference number of this receipt starts with an R.

Has anybody experienced this ? What did you have to do in this case?

I will call the CIC call centre tomorrow - but I get the feeling that the Agents are not very knowledgeable.

I am surprised that they just sent me the blank IMM5401 without any instructions.

Please help.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Bad news here.

Do you have any clue/reasons which triggered RQ? is this full RQ or CIT-520 asking specific documents? So your file transferred to local office and they issued RQ or it is issued by Sydney ?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
I am on the same boat.

No ecas. No AOR.

BUT ... Today I received a BLANK IMM5401 - the Receipt, from CIC. The receipt has a number starting with C. There are two sections on it - Copy 1 - is for me, Copy 2 is to be returned to CIC. The information on the receipt (such as Bank Stamp, Total Paid, Date of Payment etc. ) is to be filled out by a Bank. The mail did not come with any instructions - but I am assuming that I need to get it filled by my bank and send it to CIC.

Fair enough. But I am confused about this mail... because I have already paid $400 fee online before sending my application to CIC. And I sent the completed and signed online receipt to them on September. The reference number of this receipt starts with an R.

Has anybody experienced this ? What did you have to do in this case?

I will call the CIC call centre tomorrow - but I get the feeling that the Agents are not very knowledgeable.

I am surprised that they just sent me the blank IMM5401 without any instructions.

Please help.
It is likely that they did not receive / lost the payment receipt you had sent them.
I would give CIC a call first and try to find out if they have received your payment, if not, maybe fax/send them a copy of your fee payment maybe that'll help. Ask the call center agent to confirm.
If s/he doesnt have an idea what is going on, try ask for a supervisor maybe.
Good luck!

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 12, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 2, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on December 3, 2014. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Congrats Fanboy!!!
Lol it seems this won't happen that fast to Alberta applicants :-\