+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drunkhead said:
I received my aor in an email as well today and am October 2014 applicant. But non routine applications is not a good sign for us, please read the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

This means all of us have to go through longer wait time than usual because of our non routine application. :eek:

Not that funny huh
All AOR e-mail application is becoming routine now... See our timelines. Most of June/July application eCAS status is "in Process". Yes, there could be 2-3 month delay in overall process than normal mail AOR applicant.. You might see your eCAS active with "In Process" sometime in Jan.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
How is it compared with rest of your crew in June/July 2014 thread? Whose application is processed faster, email aor or mail aor with test book?

You guys must be following them as well, in my case rest of the crew is on a motor boat and am in kayak :).

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, there is some June/July application receiving tests but vast majority still not.. CIC introduced AOR by e-mail in June and they hand picked nos. of application to that process. When I seen my ATIP file, I find the application data has been entered in their internal system on Sept 02 and background check was due on Oct 02. Which means they did some work and when their IP people updated eCAS CIC started showing status.

Applicant from June/July will see 2-3 moth delay then normal mail AOR due to eCAS system update took that long. But you guys applied in Oct and even few Nov applicant received e-mail AOR with eCAS update. So all e-mail and normal mail application are in routine process. Non-Routine is if there is residency issues, RQ, additional documents, background/fingerprint issues..

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know someone who passed application in July this year, and already took test at the end of October. Been waiting for the oath invite since. New applications are now processed on a 'speed of light' pace as compared to previous cases. What a progress!!!While others who applied way before are still baffled waiting for progress. Local office is Vancouver.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just logged in to e-CAS and saw this:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 12, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on December 18, 2014. The Kitchener office will contact you.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on December 18, 2014. The Kitchener office will contact you.
Congrats !!!

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:

My prediction looks close to the correct.. As I said in earlier posts that even eCAS is not active, CPC, Sydney might have started working on the files like regular mail applicant when they sent e-mail AOR. June/July applicants test likely will kick off from Feb..

Observing from April applicants, CIC is trying to complete whole processing in about 8 months as they will eliminate the backlogs almost to nil by 2016 (process just complete within 6 month)..

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats buddy.. Checked mine too and.....
Feel great before holidays :)

rayman_m .. As they said new process will leave less work for local office, I predict lot of test letters in January. Considering mine and eltorpe's file has been transferred on Dec/18, I guess we should be getting test invite by Mid/End January '15 for test sometime in February '15.

I am sure other Email-AOR recipients will see file transferred status in a week time in their eCas.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what we have been talking about all the time but I would see only 3-4 weeks delay compared to regular mail AOR. They have been working on these applicants all the time but ECAS was not ready to show details. Remember ECAS is just a status tool!

Jan 2015 2nd week will be big for a lot of email AOR.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
what is still unclear - and each agent has a diff version - is whether CPC-Sydney initiates background checks (CBSA, CSIS, RCMP)

OR if Local office does once the application comes to LO ??? ::)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
what is still unclear - and each agent has a diff version - is whether CPC-Sydney initiates background checks (CBSA, CSIS, RCMP)

OR if Local office does once the application comes to LO ??? ::)
No idea about the process. Probably all background checks (CBSA, CSIS, RCMP) they finish in one batch.. we still be seeing what local office does once the application comes to them.
In some postal AOR recipients (particularly Mississauga and Scarborough ), looks like after receiving application they sent test invite

Reading on this forum regarding the agents,I think they are not well informed or they do not have full access to the updated system. I am sure CIC will be working on that or will try to make a eCAS update whenever anything changes in order to get fewer calls

arena

Dec 23, 2014
New to here.

Mine was updated too.

Received in Aug, AOR in Oct, ECAS in DEC, Transferred to local Guy Favreau on Dec 17.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arena said:
New to here.

Mine was updated too.

Received in Aug, AOR in Oct, ECAS in DEC, Transferred to local Guy Favreau on Dec 17.
Mine was updated aswell and my file is trasnsferred to Calgary as well....

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arena said:
New to here.

Mine was updated too.

Can you share your exact timeline please (with days) ?