+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Practically if we take 2014 application processing time then 80% of the 2014 application was finalized within 2014 which means within 1 year. In this forum only few applicants who applied in Jan/Feb 2014 and still in process as 80% of them completed oath.

CIC is not updating the actual data cause still many 2012/2013 still in process due to older law. Once they will clear most of these backlog we may see the 1 year processing time updated sometime in 2015.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
Practically if we take 2014 application processing time then 80% of the 2014 application was finalized within 2014 which means within 1 year. In this forum only few applicants who applied in Jan/Feb 2014 and still in process as 80% of them completed oath.

CIC is not updating the actual data cause still many 2012/2013 still in process due to older law. Once they will clear most of these backlog we may see the 1 year processing time updated sometime in 2015.
Agreed, a lot of 2014 applicants are completed or nearing completion, and not taking 24-36 months as indicated on website, or as still being quoted by Cic staff, (one of whom I had to question in regards to the accurateness of the scripted timeline of 24-36 months being quoted , which she then back tracked on, and confirmed that the new processing time would be applied to applications received after August 1)

On that note, I want to belief that these agents do know better than the info they provide to applicants, but to move in line with a strategic approach to reduce call volumes and case specific inquiries, they continue telling applicants that their application will take 24-36 months to process, knowing that this will deter follow up phone calls etc.

(Sucks for us, but this approach is also used in other organizations/offices "such as at my job", so I kinda see what they are doing)

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:
See, that is what upsets me is that some applicants who applied in August and after that also were placed under the e-mail AOR group but their applications are being processed already...
It's a different situation for different applicants

According to what I'm seeing here, as a July 7th Applicant, my application should have been processed around November but so far my ecas only shows the received line and the sent acknowledgement of receipt lines. It's definitely disheartening.
on the same boat here.
i guess it might be just our ecas not being updated, or we are somehow not being processed.
let's just wait a few more months. I would not worry too much at this point as long as our file is in the system.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:
See, that is what upsets me is that some applicants who applied in August and after that also were placed under the e-mail AOR group but their applications are being processed already...
It's a different situation for different applicants

According to what I'm seeing here, as a July 7th Applicant, my application should have been processed around November but so far my ecas only shows the received line and the sent acknowledgement of receipt lines. It's definitely disheartening.
I think it's better than not receiving an AOR at all...

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
I am on the same boat. My file also started processing on Dec 24th and transferred to local office (Montreal) on Dec 30st! I think we have same officers.

Any one here has any idea how long does it take from the time they transfer the files to local offices and test date?????

khowe said:
Hi Everyone,

I am part of the new C0000XXXXX group and my timeline according to E-CAS is as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 17, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 11, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 24, 2014.

4. Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on December 30, 2014. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
One more question: on my file it says that "Your file was transferred to local office and they will contact you". Does it mean that there will be no online updating???!How the local office Montreal) will contact me?! Has anyone received any updates after they transferred their files?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrant2008 said:
One more question: on my file it says that "Your file was transferred to local office and they will contact you". Does it mean that there will be no online updating???!How the local office Montreal) will contact me?! Has anyone received any updates after they transferred their files?
Local office will contact you for further steps (RQ (hopefully not) Test, Oath).They send letter. But it will be updated on eCAS as well.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
noor-blue83 said:
look what I found ;D

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office on December 17, 2014. The Citizenship Guy-Favreau office will contact you. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)
As of today my status on ecas also changed to "Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office". Till yesterday it was "local office" instead of "Guy-Favreau office".

Anyone here received test date from "Guy-Favreau office" recently?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question.

I am using my application number to check my application status. My application number starts with C - the format is C0000XXXXX

When checking your ecas - which Identification Type do you select?

1. Citizenship File Number

OR

2. Immigration File Number / Application Number

When I select #1 it says that "Citizenship File Number" should be all numeric.

eCas still hasn't been updated though. I will wait for another week or so to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
desigirltoronto84 said:
I have a question.

I am using my application number to check my application status. My application number starts with C - the format is C0000XXXXX

When checking your ecas - which Identification Type do you select?

1. Citizenship File Number

OR

2. Immigration File Number / Application Number

When I select #1 it says that "Citizenship File Number" should be all numeric.

eCas still hasn't been updated though. I will wait for another week or so to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
Simply use the number on your PR card, which is the same as your client ID card on your landing paper. That works for me.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrant2008 said:
Simply use the number on your PR card, which is the same as your client ID card on your landing paper. That works for me.
Thanks. I have tried doesn't work. Are you using it hyphenated as in XXXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXX?

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
latitudeofgratitude said:
Agreed, a lot of 2014 applicants are completed or nearing completion, and not taking 24-36 months as indicated on website, or as still being quoted by Cic staff, (one of whom I had to question in regards to the accurateness of the scripted timeline of 24-36 months being quoted , which she then back tracked on, and confirmed that the new processing time would be applied to applications received after August 1)

On that note, I want to belief that these agents do know better than the info they provide to applicants, but to move in line with a strategic approach to reduce call volumes and case specific inquiries, they continue telling applicants that their application will take 24-36 months to process, knowing that this will deter follow up phone calls etc.

(Sucks for us, but this approach is also used in other organizations/offices "such as at my job", so I kinda see what they are doing)
I agree. The CIC website indicates it will take 24-36 months to process, so that I just try to verify my status on eCAS instead of calling them to follow up. However, I sent my application on July 4th,2014, and they received it on July 8th, 2014. There has been nothing on eCAS since then, and I haven't received any email, letter acknowledging receipt or returned document. I felt something wrong thus I called CIC yesterday. What surprised me is that the agent told me they don't have any records in their system. He said they might return it to me and suggested me to resubmit the application. But I wonder if they returned the application without any records?

I find it happened to some people in this forum as well that their applications got lost and were asked to resubmit by the agents. But eventually, they got their original applications back and restored in the system after they called them or resubmit it. It means their applications were just in somewhere at Sydney Center and not be picked up.

Now I realized that different agents may give different answers, which really confuses me. And what sucks me is that the fees raised in 2015, which means if I resubmit the application, I have to pay the differences just because they lost my original application?

Today I tried to call them again but failed because of the busy lines. I sent an ATIP request instead and hopefully they can try to do some efforts to find my application.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
desigirltoronto84 said:
Thanks. I have tried doesn't work. Are you using it hyphenated as in XXXX-XXXX or XXXXXXXX?
without hyphen,only numbers, and choose client ID. If it is not working it might also mean that they have not yet created a file for you.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
desigirltoronto84 said:
I know the feeling. I was there. Why can't they just create one line record mail received. If they send back all they have to do is mark it as incomplete application. It would be as simple as below.

Recevied - On receipt of the mail
In Process - If he file is accepted
Incomplete - Incomplete file sent back
Local Office
Test
Oath
Complete