App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hi fellas ,
I need your help regarding my question:
I got CoRP and have to enter into Canada until December, so my question is, as far as I know for EU countries they do not want Visa, so I can freely use eTA and arrange my flights, am I right?
Also, I will do a soft landing which means that I will stay there for 2-3 weeks and will come back home, so does anybody know what the procedure is?
Appreciate your support.
Best regards
Sorry, I didn't see this previously. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here. Where are you flying to/from and what are you trying to fly without?

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Called them today and the wait wasn't too bad.

Criminality: Passed
Security: In progress
Eligibility: Not started

AOR Dec19th so not surprised with the details but seems to suggest the theory of eligibility completing before other things proceed is not the case, alas
That’s impressive! I’m Aug4 AOR and my security hasn’t started yet :(

What’s your visa office?

rutsky

Nov 16, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
Hello all its so nice to finally find a group with UK applicants my AOR is 25th July which will mean ill be 7 months post AOR next week Monday so far i know my eligibility is passed from my GCMS notes. it had two comments the first was from the case analyst that gave a recommended pass in August and then on the 15th of November the case officer gave his review as pass from the notes i could see that my criminality started on the same day the officer passed my file which was the 15th of November my security has not started and nothing has changed since then. Spoke to an agent last week and got the same update Eligibility Passed Criminality in progress and Security not started. To be honest when i started this process a part of me taught being a Brit will somehow make my application get processed quick but being only a week shy of 7 months those taught have obviously changed and the waiting continues

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Looks like they potentially did do me a favour. I finally got a GP appointment this morning and managed to get a BP reading of exactly 140/90! I know that is right on the cusp of requiring further tests but hopefully as I've already had an additional kidney test, and all other tests were fine, I wound need anything further!
Well done! Pretty sure mine is going to be over the 140/90. When I'm chill and calm it's down to 125/85, but whenever I do it first time (as if I was at the doctor's and anxious of the result), it comes back around 155/95. Looks like further testing will be in future.

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Yup, I used google hangouts dialler app (android) as it's free to call US/Canada from it. Following @USProgrammer's guide/advice, modified for calling from the UK

Phone 001613 944 4000

Use these options (wait until it's ready to accept an option): 1 1 1. Then you'll get transferred to IRCC
Then you can use options 2 1 1 0 to get to an operator "fast" (it's the family sponsorship information menu tree but it goes to the same phone operators).

It'll put you in a queue and tell you how long the wait is, or it'll tell you the queue is too busy. For me the wait was about 25 minutes.

Thanks mate! Will try and give them a ring.
See what happens.
Nat

Reactions: RayBear

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello all its so nice to finally find a group with UK applicants my AOR is 25th July which will mean ill be 7 months post AOR next week Monday so far i know my eligibility is passed from my GCMS notes. it had two comments the first was from the case analyst that gave a recommended pass in August and then on the 15th of November the case officer gave his review as pass from the notes i could see that my criminality started on the same day the officer passed my file which was the 15th of November my security has not started and nothing has changed since then. Spoke to an agent last week and got the same update Eligibility Passed Criminality in progress and Security not started. To be honest when i started this process a part of me taught being a Brit will somehow make my application get processed quick but being only a week shy of 7 months those taught have obviously changed and the waiting continues
Same date as us! Same initial thoughts!

I wonder what is causing so many of us UK applicants to go right up to and over the six month mark?

We can’t all be incompetent when it comes to filling out the required info!

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Out of interest, and I hope you don’t mind me asking, what does your online profile state?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Same date as us! Same initial thoughts!

I wonder what is causing so many of us UK applicants to go right up to and over the six month mark?

We can’t all be incompetent when it comes to filling out the required info!
Volume. More UK applicants plus that office services a huge volume of applicants from other countries.

Ronaldinho

Dec 9, 2018
Sorry, I didn't see this previously. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here. Where are you flying to/from and what are you trying to fly without?
Thanks for your reply

I will fly from Austria to Canada, so as far as I know, there is no need of entry visa for EU citizens in order to enter Canada, so the only thing that I need is my CoRP,Passport and eTA registration (Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) ? Am I right?

My second question is related to the soft landing,I am a provincial nominee and I would like to enter for 2-3 weeks, to apply for PR card and return back, so my question is do you know what the procedure is, by this I mean as far as I read, on the airport they will ask me for residental address in Canada where I can receive my PR card, but unfortunately I wouldn`t be there phusically to receive it, so may I use an address of my friend, who is located in another province?

thanks for your help

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Volume. More UK applicants plus that office services a huge volume of applicants from other countries.
Thanks that’s interesting to know. I must say that it surprises me. In terms of volume, IRCC seems to be largely maintaining its 80% rule, and it is certainly not admitting otherwise (in our case, if it was volume, I wish they would just f***ing say so as I could go away for a month and stop worrying!).

However, of the 5 or 6 June/July applicants from the UK in this forum, based on the 80% standard, you would expect 1 or 2 to wait longer than six months, whereas to my knowledge only 1 or 2 went through in less than 6 months . Granted, this is a very selective sample, and there is no way we can get the whole picture, but it does seem odd.

I also know that my visa office is Ottawa, and that some other Uk applicants were in Sydney, so it appears we are being spread around.

Also, based on the IRCC publications, the % of UK applications is surprisingly low (as in I would expect more people from the UK to apply/get through the draw that appears to be happening). Therefore, that a lot of us on here seem to get a response after 7 months, whereas many others of many different nationalities made it through in 4/5 months is interesting. Even if it is only a coincidence.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks that’s interesting to know. I must say that it surprises me. In terms of volume, IRCC seems to be largely maintaining its 80% rule, and it is certainly not admitting otherwise (in our case, if it was volume, I wish they would just f***ing say so as I could go away for a month and stop worrying!).

However, of the 5 or 6 June/July applicants from the UK in this forum, based on the 80% standard, you would expect 1 or 2 to wait longer than six months, whereas to my knowledge only 1 or 2 went through in less than 6 months . Granted, this is a very selective sample, and there is no way we can get the whole picture, but it does seem odd.

I also know that my visa office is Ottawa, and that some other Uk applicants were in Sydney, so it appears we are being spread around.

Also, based on the IRCC publications, the % of UK applications is surprisingly low (as in I would expect more people from the UK to apply/get through the draw that appears to be happening). Therefore, that a lot of us on here seem to get a response after 7 months, whereas many others of many different nationalities made it through in 4/5 months is interesting. Even if it is only a coincidence.
Not only UK applicants are processed in the UK believe some south Asians countries are processed through the UK. Would imagine the percentages may creep up slightly. Canada has also become a huge destination for students as well adding extra demand on the services.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Not only UK applicants are processed in the UK believe some south Asians countries are processed through the UK. Would imagine the percentages may creep up slightly. Canada has also become a huge destination for students as well adding extra demand on the services.
But I am being processed in Ottawa?!?

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
I just called and spoke to a pleasant and helpful agent fortunately.

Eligibility is in process and the agent is checking through my documents
Background checks haven't started yet
Security has been passed.

My office is Ottawa. I asked specifically if the agent believed my application would be processed within the 6 months and they said they couldn't see a reason why it wouldn't as they had everything asked for.

Not holding my breath but seemed positive in that it is moving at least. My AOR was 20th October.

Reactions: Nat.wilde

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
I just called and spoke to a pleasant and helpful agent fortunately.

Eligibility is in process and the agent is checking through my documents
Background checks haven't started yet
Security has been passed.

My office is Ottawa. I asked specifically if the agent believed my application would be processed within the 6 months and they said they couldn't see a reason why it wouldn't as they had everything asked for.

Not holding my breath but seemed positive in that it is moving at least. My AOR was 20th October.
This sounds really positive mate. Keeping everything crossed for you.

I'm going to try and ring and speak to an agent. Just need to work out how to do it and the best time.
My AOR is 6 Ocotber 2018 :)

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Well done! Pretty sure mine is going to be over the 140/90. When I'm chill and calm it's down to 125/85, but whenever I do it first time (as if I was at the doctor's and anxious of the result), it comes back around 155/95. Looks like further testing will be in future.
If your initial reading is above 140/90 the doctor should take at least another two or three readings to see if the BP comes down at all. For example, at my GP appointment yesterday the top number started at 161, then 150, then 140. Apparently there is no rhyme or reason for a reading at a particular time and BP can fluctuate a lot, therefore 3 or 4 checks are more reliable for detecting actual high BP, i.e. BP that is consistently high.

It may or may not have helped but for the week leading up to my GP appointment, I cut out caffeine and alcohol and tried to minimise my intake of salt. Also make sure you are completely hydrated as dehydration can increase BP.

Good luck!