+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Europe and USA

Ronaldinho

Dec 9, 2018
Hi fellas ,
I need your help regarding my question:
I got CoRP and have to enter into Canada until December, so my question is, as far as I know for EU countries they do not want Visa, so I can freely use eTA and arrange my flights, am I right?
Also, I will do a soft landing which means that I will stay there for 2-3 weeks and will come back home, so does anybody know what the procedure is?
Appreciate your support.
Best regards

Scottish Aly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Scotland UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Did anyone here do their medical upfront? I've received ITA and am currently completing the forms, but am yet to get to the document-upload stage. That said, I've booked my medical for next week so I'm curious of everyone's experience.
I did my medical upfront in August and didn't get my ITA until December. I would definitely say wait until the medical is complete before you fully submit your application....the medical being passed is generally the first update people get when their application is looked at.

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I did my medical upfront in August and didn't get my ITA until December. I would definitely say wait until the medical is complete before you fully submit your application....the medical being passed is generally the first update people get when their application is looked at.
Thanks for your reply. Apologies for my ignorance, but when you say "wait until the medical is complete," do you mean wait for it to be passed by CIC, or wait for me to attend on Thursday and have it done? I assume you mean the latter but just wanted to clarify!

Scottish Aly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Scotland UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Thanks for your reply. Apologies for my ignorance, but when you say "wait until the medical is complete," do you mean wait for it to be passed by CIC, or wait for me to attend on Thursday and have it done? I assume you mean the latter but just wanted to clarify!
Not ignorance at all :) I just mean wait until you have done the medical appointment to submit your application fully.
It takes about 40-45 days after you submit the application for CIC to pass the medical.

Reactions: Tomifonication

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Not ignorance at all :) I just mean wait until you have done the medical appointment to submit your application fully.
It takes about 40-45 days after you submit the application for CIC to pass the medical.
You're a star, thanks a lot, Aly.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Did anyone here do their medical upfront? I've received ITA and am currently completing the forms, but am yet to get to the document-upload stage. That said, I've booked my medical for next week so I'm curious of everyone's experience.
Yup. Did mine on December 3rd. Ita December 12th Aor dec 19th. Didn't change a thing.

You also won't be able to submit your application without the printout from your medical as it's one of the required forms of proof

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Yup. Did mine on December 3rd. Ita December 12th Aor dec 19th. Didn't change a thing.

You also won't be able to submit your application without the printout from your medical as it's one of the required forms of proof
Cheers dude. Also, noticed you're also applying under NOC 2282. Good luck!

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Finally managed to speak to an agent today who confirmed that I was in review required. Unfortunately he couldn’t tell me what for or when this happened.

In short, he said that the only way to find out was by ordering the GCMS notes, as niether they or the guys who answer the CSEs have access to this info (what he said).
But that's just untrue, the agent I spoke to said during the call that she was looking at my file and it showed eligibility not met and was able to tell me the specific reason. I don't understand this lack of consistency and accountability, they're all over the place.

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
But that's just untrue, the agent I spoke to said during the call that she was looking at my file and it showed eligibility not met and was able to tell me the specific reason. I don't understand this lack of consistency and accountability, they're all over the place.
I learned from my few calls with CIC that agents can be nice to you and tell you everything you need, or just tell you the minimum and send you away.

It depends on how nice the agent is.

Reactions: draxxemsklounst

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks buddy.

I’m not really sure how to take that news as the polite French guy I spoke to spent a good 20 minutes walking us through various scenarios and processes. If he simply lied to me, that is pretty dispiriting!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Could also just be a level of seniority and access depending on who you were talking to!

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Called them today and the wait wasn't too bad.

Criminality: Passed
Security: In progress
Eligibility: Not started

AOR Dec19th so not surprised with the details but seems to suggest the theory of eligibility completing before other things proceed is not the case, alas
Hi RayBear...
are you still in Manchester? which number did you use?

Still no update, and 47 days left on the clock (at this point, given the current climate I am prepared for another 2 months on top of the 6 to wait) but would like to speak to a human at this point. Even though the thread seems to suggest inconsistencies within the organisation.

Thanks!

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
They're probably doing you a favour! Anything that stands out as abnormal, if that's your norm, you'll want proof of that!

I got my medical history in advance to bring evidence of ongoing health stuff at my medical and submitted it all at once (medicals passed bang in line with everyone else on my AOR). Without that, it might have been flagged for follow up health queries.
Looks like they potentially did do me a favour. I finally got a GP appointment this morning and managed to get a BP reading of exactly 140/90! I know that is right on the cusp of requiring further tests but hopefully as I've already had an additional kidney test, and all other tests were fine, I wound need anything further!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hi RayBear...
are you still in Manchester? which number did you use?

Still no update, and 47 days left on the clock (at this point, given the current climate I am prepared for another 2 months on top of the 6 to wait) but would like to speak to a human at this point. Even though the thread seems to suggest inconsistencies within the organisation.

Thanks!
Yup, I used google hangouts dialler app (android) as it's free to call US/Canada from it. Following @USProgrammer's guide/advice, modified for calling from the UK

Phone 001613 944 4000

Use these options (wait until it's ready to accept an option): 1 1 1. Then you'll get transferred to IRCC
Then you can use options 2 1 1 0 to get to an operator "fast" (it's the family sponsorship information menu tree but it goes to the same phone operators).

It'll put you in a queue and tell you how long the wait is, or it'll tell you the queue is too busy. For me the wait was about 25 minutes.

Reactions: Scottish Aly