+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Europe and USA

lollyIrl

Jun 13, 2018
We landed in calgary yesterday. Direct flight from dublin to calgary with west jest. They lost one of our luggage.
Landing was easy, and the immigration officers were very nice and understanding
Going to get SIN done today and mobile phone, and hopefully sort out bank account and health insurance in the next 1-2 days
We are here for 12 days and heading to US after, before we go back to dublin.
All the best everyone!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
We landed in calgary yesterday. Direct flight from dublin to calgary with west jest. They lost one of our luggage.
Landing was easy, and the immigration officers were very nice and understanding
Going to get SIN done today and mobile phone, and hopefully sort out bank account and health insurance in the next 1-2 days
We are here for 12 days and heading to US after, before we go back to dublin.
All the best everyone!
Nothing important lost I hope!

Let us know how you found the process of bank account and health insurance setting up!

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Landed yesterday at St Stephen, NB by car. Tiny border, friendly people, which was great. It took a while for the agent to sort us through, but we are on holidays and we’re just chatting with the other agents. In the end she had to do all the work and get through computer hurdles while we were just relaxing. Accompanying and non accompanying goods also done, with a quick check of what we had in the car, not thorough.
Relieved the process is complete. I’ve lived in a few countries, traveled extensively, never felt happier crossing a border or becoming resident! All the best to everyone!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Landed yesterday at St Stephen, NB by car. Tiny border, friendly people, which was great. It took a while for the agent to sort us through, but we are on holidays and we’re just chatting with the other agents. In the end she had to do all the work and get through computer hurdles while we were just relaxing. Accompanying and non accompanying goods also done, with a quick check of what we had in the car, not thorough.
Relieved the process is complete. I’ve lived in a few countries, traveled extensively, never felt happier crossing a border or becoming resident! All the best to everyone!
Best of luck!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Any newly lurking European/American applicants? Pleased to say that the majority of folks who've taken part in this thread are now approved! I'll continue to check in so feel free to say hi! =]

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Hi, I'm not exactly new, but I'm in the US still waiting to hear back from the IRCC.

AoR Jan 26
Biometrics done at the end of March
File moved to Montreal VO in April 4
Silence since then.

It's looking like January applicants will hear back from Montreal in September at the earliest.

It's very discouraging to see people with later AoRs get approved before I do.
It's extremely frustrating that all I can do is sit on my hands and wait.

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Same here - AOR Jan 26th. Scottish resident, received gcms notes mid-June, only criminality passed, eligibility & security not started. File is currently at dreaded London VO. I've been silent here but followed the thread regularly.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
AoR Feb 6, no updates since March 29 (Biometrics). Ordered GCMS notes 36 days ago and still don't have them. I've been mainly on the Feb 2019 AoR thread and now frustrated about AoRs of 20th Feb plus getting PPR weeks ago. My file is at London VO.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
AoR Feb 6, no updates since March 29 (Biometrics). Ordered GCMS notes 36 days ago and still don't have them. I've been mainly on the Feb 2019 AoR thread and now frustrated about AoRs of 20th Feb plus getting PPR weeks ago. My file is at London VO.
Yeah, I don't know why I keep coming back to this thread when I get more annoyed by people getting PPRs months ahead of me like that.
But anyways, I hope you all get it in the end.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Yeah, I don't know why I keep coming back to this thread when I get more annoyed by people getting PPRs months ahead of me like that.
But anyways, I hope you all get it in the end.
Thanks, you too. I appreciate different VOs have different processing times but this is such a major thing in people's lives and I don't think that this is appreciated. People call IRCC and get updates on eligibility, criminality, security etc. But people also call up and get no info (like me). There should be consistency. At this stage, with 26 days to my 6 month deadline, I'm finding that the stress is increasing each day. Every day I hope that this is the day and with each day that passes I get more sure that there are no issues. But if my application gets rejected after this time I'll be devastated. I just want to know now.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Guys, check my timeline. My AOR was December and my Biometrics happened February 1st. There was literally no progress at all until 2 days before PPR then it all changed at once.

This is consistently the pattern we've seen (also London and Ontario VO).

So, in short, just wait =] Don't anticipate that anything will change to indicate progress as by the time it does, you'll likely receive PPR shortly after.

CEC applicants and Americans often have dramatically shorter processing time due to security exchange differences.TThat's the most common reason things seem expedited

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
In all seriousness, I feel ordering GCMS notes is absolutely pointless unless you've passed the 6 month mark and then it might tell you why your case specifically is delayed. Multiple people report no progress after 5 months, to everything being complete in a matter of days and the GCMS notes have no way of reflecting that on a way that is useful

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Second that. I saw nothing between MEP/BIL and two days before PPR (not counting myself uploading ADR). Then two days before PPR, ADR status change, ghost update, email — it happened so fast/unexpectedly it felt surreal.

AOR 4/16 PPR 7/11 FSW-O (US)

Guys, check my timeline. My AOR was December and my Biometrics happened February 1st. There was literally no progress at all until 2 days before PPR then it all changed at once.

This is consistently the pattern we've seen (also London and Ontario VO).

So, in short, just wait =] Don't anticipate that anything will change to indicate progress as by the time it does, you'll likely receive PPR shortly after.

Reactions: RayBear

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I agree. The notes didn't give me any new information other than what I had already learned from the webform response.
It may be different for others though. I've heard people getting a heads up on which document was holding up the process.

It seems like my file moved from Montreal to Winnipeg.
I hope Winnipeg is faster than Montreal.