+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Europe and USA

Blueboye

Jul 31, 2019
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while now but going to post my timeline as it seems to gel with several here:

Citizenship: Ireland
Residency: Ireland
Applicants: 1
Office:Ottawa
AOR. :04/04/2019
Medicals :15/05/2019
Biometrics: 17/05/2019
Criminality: Passed
Security:Not Started (As per calls on both 02 July and 31 July)
Eligibility:Not Started (As per call on both 02 July and 31 July)

Was hoping to have my COPR by now but looks like it's a few more months to go :(

Last edited:

hockeypuck

Jul 22, 2019
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while now but going to post my timeline as it seems to gel with several here:

Was hoping to have my COPR by now but looks like it's a few more months to go :(
When was you AOR? Yeah, it's a long wait alright.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hi all,

AOR. :04/04/2019

If your application is simple, I would expect you'll see a response between September and October. If it's sooner great! Otherwise, don't stress about GCMS or any such thing until you're facing significant (longer than 6 month standard) delays

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Just got my GCMS notes. I'm not sure if I'm reading them right, but it looks like my eligibility changed status to passed and then review required a couple of times and stopped there. This is likely due to the work situation i mentioned. :( Security not started.
The status is probably 3-4 weeks old.
Primary office CPC-Ottawa. Any idea if they're usually fast?
Does anyone have an idea if I can send them something to makw the review faster? I don't want my file to be stuck waiting for the officer for the next 4 months.

There's also a note saying secondary offices: 3.
CPC-Edmonton.does it mean they now have the file to share the workload?

I'm right about to lift off for holidays and I'm so unsure if I should be happy about the notes, or just more paranoid. :)

Edit: just got to their internal notes. Yep it's that one employment record they have a problem with. Everything else seems to be met. I asked the hr of the new company for an official role description for my old role, hopefully it'll at least make someone look at my application again if I can provide it.
Sounds like you've spotted the problem! If you can provide something that will clarify the situation, give it 10 or so days to be added once submitted.

There are no bad offices. Have seen plenty get processed in Ottawa that people swear blind is empty. Secondary office is involved in your process but I'm not entirely clear how to be honest (It's a normal part of the process though)

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Apologies for the slow responses y'all. I'll continue to try and check in but things are very much under way for me now. I'm moving to Canada next month! I'm getting remote job interviews! It's all very exciting and despite all my packing being done (except for clothes) there's so much to do!

Blueboye

Jul 31, 2019
Sounds like you've spotted the problem! If you can provide something that will clarify the situation, give it 10 or so days to be added once submitted.

There are no bad offices. Have seen plenty get processed in Ottawa that people swear blind is empty. Secondary office is involved in your process but I'm not entirely clear how to be honest (It's a normal part of the process though)
Cheers for the insight, I'm just hoping to get in before winter but will probably start ignoring it now :D

Congratulations on the interviews, hopefully you've something sorted on arrival.

gkns

May 30, 2019
Hey all, sorry I can't show the notes, I'm away from any computers for a week, so editing them etc. would be a pain.

Ordering the notes was the best move I could do, i just wish i did that a month earlier. Didn't get any ghost updates etc. so i thought they've just never started working on my eligibility.
Edit: it's been stuck in review required since may 28,so wow. That takes a while. Would've already gotten the ppr if not for that I guess.

Good news tho, I showed the company that they may literally cost me the visa and they finally gave me the full ref. The only potential problem is that the title is different than the one i told ircc, must have changed after the acqusition.
I explained it, so hopefully they don't flag that for review. Now let's hope they open the message soon and push my app through.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hey all, sorry I can't show the notes, I'm away from any computers for a week, so editing them etc. would be a pain.

Ordering the notes was the best move I could do, i just wish i did that a month earlier. Didn't get any ghost updates etc. so i thought they've just never started working on my eligibility.
Edit: it's been stuck in review required since may 28,so wow. That takes a while. Would've already gotten the ppr if not for that I guess.

Good news tho, I showed the company that they may literally cost me the visa and they finally gave me the full ref. The only potential problem is that the title is different than the one i told ircc, must have changed after the acqusition.
I explained it, so hopefully they don't flag that for review. Now let's hope they open the message soon and push my app through.
That sounds really positive! Hope you see a good turnaround from it after submission.

Let us know how it goes!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
How are things looking for folks this week?

Scottish Aly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Scotland UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Looks like I need to order notes as I learned this morning my eligibility is marked as Review required from Ralph’s office :(

I got my first Ghost Update on July 12th and I called IRCC on July 26th where she said it was in review from a final officer but that nothing was marked review required.

Has the senior office marked it for review? I don’t get it?!

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
AOR 6 February, so my 6 months was up yesterday. No movement in profile since biometrics logged on 29 March.

My GCMS notes threw up a couple of interesting/concerning points.

- eligibility passed
- criminality in progress
- info sharing complete
- Security blank

- The person who took my biometrics changed my country of birth from Scotland to England (It's Scotland). I have raised a webform to point this out.
- My file is marked as review required due to poor fingerprints (because of a skin condition which was noted on my file at the time of biometrics).

A bit worried that, although eligibility is passed, the latter two points may jeopardise my application or at the very least delay it even more. Any thoughts?

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Can I also ask what you say when you contact Ralph? I have emailed him twice and did not get a response to either. My file is at LVO.

leBelge

Aug 7, 2019
24 Dec 2018 AOR, so 226 day from today... with pretty much no change since the Biometrics completed in Feb 2019.

Never ordered GCMS notes as I was sure PPR would come by way before the 6months mark. As I am now reaching 7.5 months, I will order them (hoping I will never have to read them!).

Email from Ralph Goodale yesterday:
Eligibility and criminality are under review.
Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.
Medicals are valid until Jan 2020.

I assume having lived in 3 different countries, working for 3 different companies, and travelling extensively over the last 10 years does not help.

Has it ever helped anyone spontaneously uploading information? I am afraid sending information which were not requested could either help or delay processing time. I did not submit my current employer letter so I am hesitating to upload it along with a CV. Any advise?