Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
zorroo said:
Hi Tyrus,
This is my question as well. I have 4 years of work experience from back home and the same for RA/TA. I am wondering that which one I should choose as a primary NOC? In one hand, it looks that Sydney has problem with full time RA/TA (i.e. >30 hr/w) during study. In the other hand, I am afraid that Ottawa later challenge my work experience in the back home. What do you suggest?
I am not good to answer this question. I did not include TA/RA work on my application because back then we were unsure it would be recognized. I would put as the primary NOC the one that is close to the thing that you plan to work after graduation, or that have the strongest evidence, i.e. the one that you have more documents to show that you did what is told in the NOC description.

Alice67

Oct 9, 2014
HELP!

I am applying to FSW Phd stream. But I have a problem with my work experience.

I wanna use RA as my work experience. So I need T4,T4A, NOA to prove it. I am in UT and UT put my RA income on T4A box 105.
Box 105 is scholarship, which is non taxable income. It doesn't show in T1 box 101.

Does it mean this RA income is not the employment income, which means I CANNOT count the RA to my work experience?

What should I do? I do have the income sheet and cover letter from UT indicate my RA income. Should I just explain it to CIC by the letter form UT?

Is there anyone else here had the same situation as mine? Could you help me? Thank you so much!!

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
Alice67 said:
HELP!

I am applying to FSW Phd stream. But I have a problem with my work experience.

I wanna use RA as my work experience. So I need T4,T4A, NOA to prove it. I am in UT and UT put my RA income on T4A box 105.
Box 105 is scholarship, which is non taxable income. It doesn't show in T1 box 101.

Does it mean this RA income is not the employment income, which means I CANNOT count the RA to my work experience?

What should I do? I do have the income sheet and cover letter from UT indicate my RA income. Should I just explain it to CIC by the letter form UT?

Is there anyone else here had the same situation as mine? Could you help me? Thank you so much!!
Don't worry, most students are in the same situation. What I did was to ask my supervisor and our department head for letters. In both letters I asked for emphasis on keywords on NOC code which matches research assistantship. It worked fine and I did not even provide ANY of my T forms. On both letters, my RA salary, TA, and scholarship were mentioned. Any publication, research outcome or extra help would be useful to add as well...
Take your time and prepare good letters, look around in this forum for samples and successful letters and notes. I hope this would help you.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
ubc2010 said:
Dear Bluelotus I saw that you have sent your passport on the 26 of Sep for PR visa, I also did the same and sent it on the same day.
My question is: how long will the process take? And I am in urgent need for my passport, is there any way to contact them other than BY FAX?
Thanks
Hi ubc2010,
Actually I am waiting to receive my wife's passport first from my home country :-[, then I will send them both to CIC.
About ur situation: I recall that some candidates attached a cover letter with the passport explaining their urgency. I am not sure you want to do that since you already sent the passport. But you may send an express mail to Ottawa if it's that urgent. But before that, you can call CIC call centre. They might give u a hot number if u explain that you are at the final stage of being PR. The normal process takes around 1-3 weeks these days.

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
bluelotus said:
Hi ubc2010,
Actually I am waiting to receive my wife's passport first from my home country :-[, then I will send them both to CIC.
About ur situation: I recall that some candidates attached a cover letter with the passport explaining their urgency. I am not sure you want to do that since you already sent the passport. But you may send an express mail to Ottawa if it's that urgent. But before that, you can call CIC call centre. They might give u a hot number if u explain that you are at the final stage of being PR. The normal process takes around 1-3 weeks these days.
Thanks,
I did send them a letter by FAX explaining the urgency, but as you know I got no response from them. It's very critical situation and I dont know what I should do. I also called CIC and they told me that you only can reach them (Permanent Resident Visa Section) by FAX or email.
:(

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Dear All,
I applied under the PHd STREAM TWO TIMES and I have one application under the PNP.
My first application under the PhD stream was rejected because of work experience problem. In particular the word "assist" was not there.
then I have used a work experience (RA/TA) sample posted in this forum and renewed all of my documents and submitted new application on August 30, 2013
cashed :3rd of Nov 2013
PER received : 10 of Nov 2013
POF, medical and RFPR requested ON 31 of July 2014
passport request: 26 of Sept 2014

Thank you

ubcli

Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was asked by CIC to show the source of funds for a large deposit. This money was sent by my parents 6 months before my PR application, and it is still in my account. I have the receipt of this transaction to show as a proof. Even if CIC assumes that this money is loaned, I now have enough settlement fund excluding that chunk of money (though this wasn't consistently the case for the past 6 months).
Along with the statement of transaction, would it suffice if I get a signed letter from my parents saying this money wasn't loaned or do I have to get an affidavit or get the letter notarized?

Thanks!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally agree with Fid0, I never provided my T4A and I got PER two weeks ago, so I hope all I did was for the best. Most students never send T4A because of this issue, so if you ask your supervisor to write a solid reference letter with your salary you will be fine.

Remember to emphasize the NOC and main duties.

Best luck!

Fid0 said:
Don't worry, most students are in the same situation. What I did was to ask my supervisor and our department head for letters. In both letters I asked for emphasis on keywords on NOC code which matches research assistantship. It worked fine and I did not even provide ANY of my T forms. On both letters, my RA salary, TA, and scholarship were mentioned. Any publication, research outcome or extra help would be useful to add as well...
Take your time and prepare good letters, look around in this forum for samples and successful letters and notes. I hope this would help you.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi bluelotus,

Hope all good there. I wanted to ask you how long it took for you to get the first GCMS notes? Do I have to wait strictly 30 days?

Thank you!

bluelotus said:
Yes, the points you will see in ur GCMS now, are awarded by Sydney.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

Just checked the spreadsheet and found that May 27th applicants are getting their medical request email today. Hope all June applicants will hear from CPC Ottawa in a month or two!

Thanks!

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
pepe84 said:
Hi bluelotus,

Hope all good there. I wanted to ask you how long it took for you to get the first GCMS notes? Do I have to wait strictly 30 days?

Thank you!
Usually it's 30 days or more. I got it in 32 days.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
ubcli said:
Hi everyone,

I was asked by CIC to show the source of funds for a large deposit. This money was sent by my parents 6 months before my PR application, and it is still in my account. I have the receipt of this transaction to show as a proof. Even if CIC assumes that this money is loaned, I now have enough settlement fund excluding that chunk of money (though this wasn't consistently the case for the past 6 months).
Along with the statement of transaction, would it suffice if I get a signed letter from my parents saying this money wasn't loaned or do I have to get an affidavit or get the letter notarized?

Thanks!
CIC usually prefers the money to come as result of savings from stipends, which is demonstrable by having a job and salary. Given that many grad students do not have the work experience of "normal people", this may be hard. You will have to show that your parents are giving you the money out of their own volition and *absolutely do not expect you to pay them back*. This should be as official of a document as you can make it be.

ma_du

Aug 5, 2014
Hi Guys,

In the "fee payment form", what should I put for the name and address of the payer?
I am paying this by my spouse's credit card. But there is a box as "name of cardholder" for this.
Then who is the payer? Should I leave the name and address of the payer blank?

Thank you vary much.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to type all the credit card holder info. If it's your wife's credit card, then write her info.

ma_du said:
Hi Guys,

In the "fee payment form", what should I put for the name and address of the payer?
I am paying this by my spouse's credit card. But there is a box as "name of cardholder" for this.
Then who is the payer? Should I leave the name and address of the payer blank?

Thank you vary much.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I have an interesting question and would like all of you to express your opinion. I was checking the PhD stream tracker and many applicants have been asked to provide "a proof if intention to live outside of Quebec". Why do you think CIC is asking for this?

Please let me know your comments!

Thanks!