Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bluelotus said:
I know from ur personal message that you successfully ordered GCMS by now.

Regarding PCC: it's actually ur call. Nobody knows for sure when CIC will start processing one's application. Sometimes CIC asks for updated PCC when during the process time the PCC gets expired. But I think in most cases, CIC does not ask for PCC 2nd time if the candidate sent it with initial application (even if it gets expired during processing). Your case is different, you did not send the 1st time. But you got the PER, so they are not saying that your application is incomplete. So you may wait until they request for it. But it will be difficult if they ask for medical, RPRF, PCC at the same time because the time limit is only 60 days. So you may also consider sending it after a few months. I wish you will take the right decision considering these facts.
Thanks a lot, I will order the PCC within 3 to 4 months. You are absolutelly right aviut being asked for PCC, medical and remaining fees all together.

Regarding the GCMS notes, they will send it within 30 days right? If I want to update them, should I reorder them again?

Many thanks!

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks a lot, I will order the PCC within 3 to 4 months. You are absolutelly right aviut being asked for PCC, medical and remaining fees all together.

Regarding the GCMS notes, they will send it within 30 days right? If I want to update them, should I reorder them again?

Many thanks!
When you receive ur GCMS notes after 1 month, read it thoroughly and carefully. It's a long pdf, but the key things to check are how many points they (Sydney) awarded you initially and what comments they made on your documents. If you feel you need to update or send any supporting documents to CIC after that, then do that. But be very very careful that your new letters/documents do not contradict you already submitted older documents by any means.

If you feel that you need more updated GCMS notes, you can reorder them. You can reorder as many times as you like.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot!!! SO that means Sydney does give us points in the first review? Sure, I will never contradict a Visa Officer!!!!!!

Thanks again!

bluelotus said:
When you receive ur GCMS notes after 1 month, read it thoroughly and carefully. It's a long pdf, but the key things to check are how many points they (Sydney) awarded you initially and what comments they made on your documents. If you feel you need to update or send any supporting documents to CIC after that, then do that. But be very very careful that your new letters/documents do not contradict you already submitted older documents by any means.

If you feel that you need more updated GCMS notes, you can reorder them. You can reorder as many times as you like.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks a lot!!! SO that means Sydney does give us points in the first review? Sure, I will never contradict a Visa Officer!!!!!!

Thanks again!
Yes, the points you will see in ur GCMS now, are awarded by Sydney.

happymoose

Jul 31, 2014
Hi TyrusX,

What about his TA/RA letter?
Even if the officer has ignored his work experience in his home country, but still he has 2 years of TA/RA inside canada!

I guess if all his docs are fine then he has a very high chance to win the appeal, my thought. :)

TyrusX said:
When having experience from abroad, it is crucial that your company may be contactable or that you have more evidence for your work experience that just a letter from them. Contracts, pays slips, workers card. you need to provide evidence. If they can't get in touch with your company and you have no other form of evidence, they can't confirm your information.

mtp_ottawa said:
Hi! Thx for sharing the info!
I have almost same problem.
I received the rejection letter two days ago. I received 0 point for the job experience. Therefore, my total score was 61 (So, if I could receive job experience scores I could easily pass 67).

I am third year PhD student in Computer Engineering and I have over two year experience in a company back to my country. The company provided me a job letter based on the NOC duties and it covered most of the topics there. Also, I asked couple of my friends (who applied for the PR and received it) to double check it and they told me that the job letter is good.
In addition, I attached the formal job insurance letter for that period.
Beside this one, I had TA/RA letters that shown I have two years' of experience as TA/RA in a Canadian university.
The officer wrote in the rejection that you duties dose not the meet the requirements and we could not access the company website.
I do not know what is the problem with the job letter because actually it is almost similar to NOC job duties and it has all the required information such as dates, location, salary, hours of work and ect. About the company website, he/she is right because the company website is down these days because they are trying to reconstruct the website and upload the new one (it may be available online in two weeks).

I read arm739 experience in page 1032 and I am thinking of doing same thing.
Does anybody have any suggestion for me? I saw these usernames (arm739,Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O) on that post. Can you help me with this problem please?

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Dear Bluelotus I saw that you have sent your passport on the 26 of Sep for PR visa, I also did the same and sent it on the same day.
My question is: how long will the process take? And I am in urgent need for my passport, is there any way to contact them other than BY FAX?
Thanks

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's funny, almost every doctor's office I contacted to inquiry about medical (Metro Vancouver), they ask for _cash_ payments...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
ubc2010 said:
Dear Bluelotus I saw that you have sent your passport on the 26 of Sep for PR visa, I also did the same and sent it on the same day.
My question is: how long will the process take? And I am in urgent need for my passport, is there any way to contact them other than BY FAX?
Thanks
Hi ubc2010.

Would you mind sharing your timelines with us to be included in the spreadsheet?!

Thanks

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
arian_arian said:
Hi ubc2010.

Would you mind sharing your timelines with us to be included in the spreadsheet?!

Thanks
It's a very long journey three applications!
my last application was successful, I will post my time line later as it needs to go back and see the exact dates. But to be brief I submitted my second application on August ,30 , 2013 and received the Passport request Sept, 26, 2014
Now, would you please share me any idea about how to speed up the visa stamp.
Thanks

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
When having experience from abroad, it is crucial that your company may be contactable or that you have more evidence for your work experience that just a letter from them. Contracts, pays slips, workers card. you need to provide evidence. If they can't get in touch with your company and you have no other form of evidence, they can't confirm your information.
Hi Tyrus,
This is my question as well. I have 4 years of work experience from back home and the same for RA/TA. I am wondering that which one I should choose as a primary NOC? In one hand, it looks that Sydney has problem with full time RA/TA (i.e. >30 hr/w) during study. In the other hand, I am afraid that Ottawa later challenge my work experience in the back home. What do you suggest?

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Dear All,
Any one knows any information about how to contact CIC PR visa section in emergency situation.
Thanks

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
ubc2010 said:
Dear All,
Any one knows any information about how to contact CIC PR visa section in emergency situation.
Thanks
This is from CIC website:
"You can e-mail CIC at (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) if any of your personal information changes such as a:

change in your marital status,
birth or death in your family, or
change in your mailing, residential or e-mail address if you reside outside of Canada.**

**If you reside in Canada, you must use the CIC’s online form to change your contact information."

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Viva2014 said:
This is from CIC website:
"You can e-mail CIC at (CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca) if any of your personal information changes such as a:

change in your marital status,
birth or death in your family, or
change in your mailing, residential or e-mail address if you reside outside of Canada.**

**If you reside in Canada, you must use the CIC's online form to change your contact information."
Thanks, but I need the VISA section in Emergency situation.

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Hello, At what stage of the process did you receive he notification that they had not accepted your job experience?
I hope you manage to solve this issue.
Thank you very much for the information.

mtp_ottawa said:
Hi! Thx for sharing the info!
I have almost same problem.
I received the rejection letter two days ago. I received 0 point for the job experience. Therefore, my total score was 61 (So, if I could receive job experience scores I could easily pass 67).

I am third year PhD student in Computer Engineering and I have over two year experience in a company back to my country. The company provided me a job letter based on the NOC duties and it covered most of the topics there. Also, I asked couple of my friends (who applied for the PR and received it) to double check it and they told me that the job letter is good.
In addition, I attached the formal job insurance letter for that period.
Beside this one, I had TA/RA letters that shown I have two years' of experience as TA/RA in a Canadian university.
The officer wrote in the rejection that you duties dose not the meet the requirements and we could not access the company website.
I do not know what is the problem with the job letter because actually it is almost similar to NOC job duties and it has all the required information such as dates, location, salary, hours of work and ect. About the company website, he/she is right because the company website is down these days because they are trying to reconstruct the website and upload the new one (it may be available online in two weeks).

I read arm739 experience in page 1032 and I am thinking of doing same thing.
Does anybody have any suggestion for me? I saw these usernames (arm739,Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O) on that post. Can you help me with this problem please?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
ubc2010 said:
It's a very long journey three applications!
my last application was successful, I will post my time line later as it needs to go back and see the exact dates. But to be brief I submitted my second application on August ,30 , 2013 and received the Passport request Sept, 26, 2014
Now, would you please share me any idea about how to speed up the visa stamp.
Thanks
Thanks for the sharing.

Actually I haven't reached to that stage yet! I have no idea how it works!