+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ma_du

Aug 5, 2014
pepe84 said:
You have to type all the credit card holder info. If it's your wife's credit card, then write her info.
Then, "cardholder" is the "payer", not principal applicant?
Are you sure. I am little bit worried about this.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Got Ready for visa email along with Passport request yesterday October 10 2014. please someone update the tracker

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I am sure, I am in your same situation. I paid with my wife's credit card and she had to sign the SECTION B - CREDIT CARD PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Never sign this section yourself if you are paying with your wife's or someone else's credit card.

ma_du said:

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where it says: "Name of cardholder (please print)", type the name of your wife as exactly shown in front of the card.

ma_du said:

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, need help! :-[ :-[ :-[

When I was preparing my CV (requested by Ottawa), I realized there was an internship experience I missed out in the Background form... It was in the US but less than 6 months (so technically I don't need a US police certificate either way). During that internship I was still enrolled full-time at school, and since my supervisor & I collaborated with my intern manager, I was also paid RA in full.

Now what should I do? When sending my CV, can I submit a new Background form and a cover letter with explanation? I don't want to be accused of misrepresentation. If there's a risk of that, should I withdraw and re-apply? Thanks a lot!!!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
ma_du said:
Hi Guys,

In the "fee payment form", what should I put for the name and address of the payer?
I am paying this by my spouse's credit card. But there is a box as "name of cardholder" for this.
Then who is the payer? Should I leave the name and address of the payer blank?

Thank you vary much.
First, if you , as the principle applicant, is paying the fee, then you should leave the "the name of payer" and " address" blank as mentioned (if different then they should be written).

"Name of card holder (please print)" means that the cardholder should write (not type) his/her full name by "hand" and it should be legible(not cursive). Then the cardholder should sign it.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Dear All,

I have an interesting question and would like all of you to express your opinion. I was checking the PhD stream tracker and many applicants have been asked to provide "a proof if intention to live outside of Quebec". Why do you think CIC is asking for this?

Please let me know your comments!

Thanks!
Because this category is for applicants intending to live outside of Quebec. But still applicants inside of Quebec can apply under this category but they have to provide a solid proof that they will leave Quebec. For applicants outside of Quebec, there is no need to prove such a thing.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could you please tell me the link of "PhD stream tracker"?
Also, I have a question regarding RA/TA especially for people who got their file number recently: Does Sydney have problem with full time RA/TA (i.e. 30 hr/w) during study?
Finally, Does anybody have an idea about work experience from back home in terms of acceptance by CIC? How often they ask for extra proof like contracts?
Thanks

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
arian_arian said:
Congratulations! :)
Thank you very much arian_arian

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied under the PhD stream on June 9th 2014 and got the PER on October 6th 2014. I also sent my RA letter based on 30 hours per week, my prof didn't want to include 35 or 40 hrs because I am a full time student at the same time. In addition, I sent a reference letter from back home, very well written, with an official stamp, all contact information and so forth. So far, I can tell you that at least Sidney accepted it, otherwise they would have returned my application without sending any PER. However, CPC Ottawa may ask me for additional documents to support my work experience from back home. Now this scares me a lot because I have no idea where I will find those supporting documents ???

Hope this helps.

zorroo said:
Could you please tell me the link of "PhD stream tracker"?
Also, I have a question regarding RA/TA especially for people who got their file number recently: Does Sydney have problem with full time RA/TA (i.e. 30 hr/w) during study?
Finally, Does anybody have an idea about work experience from back home in terms of acceptance by CIC? How often they ask for extra proof like contracts?
Thanks

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot Viva2014, you so helpful as usual!

I was scared that I may also be asked for intention to live outside Quebec :eek:

Viva2014 said:
Because this category is for applicants intending to live outside of Quebec. But still applicants inside of Quebec can apply under this category but they have to provide a solid proof that they will leave Quebec. For applicants outside of Quebec, there is no need to prove such a thing.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
I applied under the PhD stream on June 9th 2014 and got the PER on October 6th 2014. I also sent my RA letter based on 30 hours per week, my prof didn't want to include 35 or 40 hrs because I am a full time student at the same time. In addition, I sent a reference letter from back home, very well written, with an official stamp, all contact information and so forth. So far, I can tell you that at least Sidney accepted it, otherwise they would have returned my application without sending any PER. However, CPC Ottawa may ask me for additional documents to support my work experience from back home. Now this scares me a lot because I have no idea where I will find those supporting documents ???

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your clarification. By the way which NOC did you choose as primary NOC?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:

Hope this helps.
Anybody else have an idea?

jeffrey2012

Nov 22, 2013
hi,

may i know which border in Montreal? they dont need CSQ?? thanks

TyrusX said:
Guys, I've done my landing process yesterday. I landed in montreal, which is a totally valid POE for anyone, got my luggage and proceed to immigration. There it took about 2 minutes until someone called me, there was no line but everyone was busy. They requested my Passport and confirmation of permament residency document. I got them the B4 paper sat for 5 minutes and I was done. They didn't ask for anything else. No proof of funding, not even a document showing my address, I just said it aloud to her and it was good enough. Then I got my documents back and a copy of the B4 paper and everything was done in 10 minutes total time. As anyone would expect, me being white and blonde made the entire process ridiculously easy, to the point that I actually felt a bit disappointing after the way asbereth was treated.