+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hemavet

Jan 21, 2014
Hi,

What I should do if I didnt receive conformation emial when sending documents to case processing center/Ottawa?

Please any advice!

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I am wondering that for any work experience in back home, does CIC request for supporting documents e.g. contracts, etc? Do you think that it is a good idea to include the work experience letters which are solid but we do not have contract letter for them? any suggestion or experiences is appreciated.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
If you want to re-enter Canada, you should first leave Canada. If you are doing so at the US/Canada border, it means you are leaving Canada for the US... you cannot exit Canada and NOT enter the US and be considered somewhere in between these two countries! :) A refusal notice is necessary; otherwise, you may be asked for evidence indicating that you had been legally admitted to the US before you left the American soil.

pepe84 said:
Hey guys, I have a question which may be very silly so feel free to correct me or criticize me. Why do we need to see American officials in the border? Why not just leaving Canada and then coming back without touching US border offices? In this way you are re-entering Canada without a doubt. I mean you can leave Canada through the rainbow bridge at Niagara and in the middle point of the bridge come back to the CBSA and show your documents. Please let me know your thoughts.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
mtp_ottawa said:
Hi! Thx for sharing the info!
I have almost same problem.
I received the rejection letter two days ago. I received 0 point for the job experience. Therefore, my total score was 61 (So, if I could receive job experience scores I could easily pass 67).

I am third year PhD student in Computer Engineering and I have over two year experience in a company back to my country. The company provided me a job letter based on the NOC duties and it covered most of the topics there. Also, I asked couple of my friends (who applied for the PR and received it) to double check it and they told me that the job letter is good.
In addition, I attached the formal job insurance letter for that period.
Beside this one, I had TA/RA letters that shown I have two years' of experience as TA/RA in a Canadian university.
The officer wrote in the rejection that you duties dose not the meet the requirements and we could not access the company website.
I do not know what is the problem with the job letter because actually it is almost similar to NOC job duties and it has all the required information such as dates, location, salary, hours of work and ect. About the company website, he/she is right because the company website is down these days because they are trying to reconstruct the website and upload the new one (it may be available online in two weeks).

I read arm739 experience in page 1032 and I am thinking of doing same thing.
Does anybody have any suggestion for me? I saw these usernames (arm739,Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O) on that post. Can you help me with this problem please?
You have a chance in the Federal Court only if you are sure that you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

If you don't mind please share your work experience letter and the rejection email with us (remove personal information). So we can have a look and see how they look.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cantaloupe said:
If you want to re-enter Canada, you should first leave Canada. If you are doing so at the US/Canada border, it means you are leaving Canada for the US... you cannot exit Canada and NOT enter the US and be considered somewhere in between these two countries! :) A refusal notice is necessary; otherwise, you may be asked for evidence indicating that you had been legally admitted to the US before you left the American soil.
Thanks a lot for clarifying. A friend of mine did this 4 years ago and they never went to US border offices, they just came back in the middle of the bridge and Canadian officials never asked for evidences of being in the US. BUT it seems all changed now. Thanks a lot.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
Hi All,
I am wondering that for any work experience in back home, does CIC request for supporting documents e.g. contracts, etc? Do you think that it is a good idea to include the work experience letters which are solid but we do not have contract letter for them? any suggestion or experiences is appreciated.

I sent one reference letter from back home for NOC 4012,but also sent another letter for this same NOC from the Canadian university. My letter was rock solid and it included a reference number and stamps. Not sure if they will ask for more but in case they do, I have no clue what to answer because I don't have any contract in hands.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Hello everyone,

Finally, I landed today as a permanent resident at the Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls.
I walked through the bridge, took a letter of refusal from the U.S immigration, walked back to Canada and gave the paperwork to immigration officers.
He asked me to have a sit while he checked the paperwork. After 15 minutes, he asked me to show him my bank statement and address. Then he asked me to sign the CoPR. Things took about 20 minutes totally.
Please update my information on the Tracker of the forum.
I will keep visiting the forum. Thanks for sharing all the issues!
Best wishes for everyone,

Henry

sooti

Oct 8, 2014
may I know what was the code u had applied under it?Was it 4012 or the NOC code for computer eng?

mtp_ottawa said:
I received the rejection letter two days ago. I received 0 point for the job experience. Therefore, my total score was 61 (So, if I could receive job experience scores I could easily pass 67).

I am third year PhD student in Computer Engineering and I have over two year experience in a company back to my country. The company provided me a job letter based on the NOC duties and it covered most of the topics there. Also, I asked couple of my friends (who applied for the PR and received it) to double check it and they told me that the job letter is good.
Beside this one, I had TA/RA letters that shown I have two years' of experience as TA/RA in a Canadian university.
The officer wrote in the rejection that you duties dose not the meet the requirements and we could not access the company website.
I do not know what is the problem with the job letter because actually it is almost similar to NOC job duties and it has all the required information such as dates, location, salary, hours of work and ect. About the company website, he/she is right because the company website is down these days because they are trying to reconstruct the website and upload the new one (it may be available online in two weeks).

Does anybody have any suggestion for me? I saw these usernames (arm739,Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O) on that post. Can you help me with this problem please?

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Hello friends,
Recently I got the PPR and I will soon send the passports to CIC. At this point, I have 2 questions: particularly to those who have recently received back their passports with immigration visa (Question 1) and those who did their landing at an international airport either by coming from their home countries or after attending a conference from a different country (Question 2).

Q1: How long is the validity of the immigration visa? 6 months/ 8 months/ 1 year etc.?

Q2: To do the landing, I have to go to my home country first and then accompany my wife in our return journey to Canada (she is not in Canada). I guess our landing process will be similar to normal customs procedure at the airport (like showing documents to a customs officer). Should I be concerned about anything different this time and is there any extra step involved this time? Please share if you have any similar experience.

Many congrats to the new applicants who recently got medical, RPRF or PPR ;D. Good luck for the rest of us.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks a lot bluelotus, I tried once to ask for GCMS notes but nowhere in the links I could see GCMS. Also, they never asked me for my application number. Could you please verify the steps you told me are not missing anything?

Regarding police certificates, do you think if I send them to Ottawa they will accept them and won't ask for them again in the future? My only concern is that my consulate charges a lot for PCC (100 bucks each) so I don't want to spend money for nothing.

I also submitted my wife work experience letter, it was written with NOC number and everything they want, and it's for a full time work experience (average of 33.5 hrs per week for 1.5 years). I hope to get the 5 points of adaptability. I also sent her work permit, the T4 slips and the latest three pay stubs. Hope it's enough for 5 points adaptability.

Again, big thank you and please clarify about GCMS notes.
I know from ur personal message that you successfully ordered GCMS by now.

Regarding PCC: it's actually ur call. Nobody knows for sure when CIC will start processing one's application. Sometimes CIC asks for updated PCC when during the process time the PCC gets expired. But I think in most cases, CIC does not ask for PCC 2nd time if the candidate sent it with initial application (even if it gets expired during processing). Your case is different, you did not send the 1st time. But you got the PER, so they are not saying that your application is incomplete. So you may wait until they request for it. But it will be difficult if they ask for medical, RPRF, PCC at the same time because the time limit is only 60 days. So you may also consider sending it after a few months. I wish you will take the right decision considering these facts.

sooti

Oct 8, 2014
I have applied under PhD stream on May 1st. The major NOC code I have mentioned for the assessment of my application is Civil Engineering code. I claimed 2 years of part Time Civil Engineer in a Consultation Company out of Canada and 3 years as a research assistant and teaching assistant in Canada (NOC Code 4012).

Now my question is that should I change my major NOC code for the assessment of my application to 4012? And could you please let me know how I could do that. Will this postpone the process of the assessment? Will my application be sent to Sydney again?

I really Appreciate any help.

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks a lot for clarifying. A friend of mine did this 4 years ago and they never went to US border offices, they just came back in the middle of the bridge and Canadian officials never asked for evidences of being in the US. BUT it seems all changed now. Thanks a lot.
I think it is also possible to just come back without entering US or even going there for refusal. Three of my friends did this in Ambassador bridge and one in one of the bridges in Niagara area. But all had done it while ago, I don't know if it is still possible...

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Like I said, a border office "may" ask for evidence of a passenger's US admission. It really depends on the person who interviews you... a lot of them know this is common and don't want to complicate things for no reason... but if you get the refusal note from the US side, it'll be more straightforward and no one can complain about that! Remember the refusal note will not be registered in your history of travels to the USA, because it's not because of "inadmissibility"; it's for "lack of proper documentation". :)

Fid0 said:
I think it is also possible to just come back without entering US or even going there for refusal. Three of my friends did this in Ambassador bridge and one in one of the bridges in Niagara area. But all had done it while ago, I don't know if it is still possible...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
mtp_ottawa said:

When having experience from abroad, it is crucial that your company may be contactable or that you have more evidence for your work experience that just a letter from them. Contracts, pays slips, workers card. you need to provide evidence. If they can't get in touch with your company and you have no other form of evidence, they can't confirm your information.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
When having experience from abroad, it is crucial that your company may be contactable or that you have more evidence for your work experience that just a letter from them. Contracts, pays slips, workers card. you need to provide evidence. If they can't get in touch with your company and you have no other form of evidence, they can't confirm your information.
Hi there,
Thanks for this info. I also submitted a reference letter from abroad and it has all the contact information, including the website of the company and the email of my old supervisor. Do you think they will ask for more?

Thanks