Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
pepe84 said:
Great!!! Thanks a lot for your help. My last question please, my spouse does not have any national ID from Canada, should I click on NO for her in the application form?

Thanks again chakri264!
No worries. Just say no if she does not have one. Her passport information will do the job. :)

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
pepe84 said:
Great!!! Thanks a lot for your help. My last question please, my spouse does not have any national ID from Canada, should I click on NO for her in the application form?

Thanks again chakri264!
I did not include any national IDs and answered No to that question.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks a lot, did they accept your application?
Yes. Sydney accepted it. I got PER and then I got Doc request. I am waiting for final results.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks man, did you provide work experience letter from your home country? I have one which is quite solid but I am unsure if they will give me points for that. They also include the NOC number in that letter!

Thanks a lot!

Parkinson said:
Yes Sydney accepted it. I got PER and then I got Doc request. I am waiting for final results.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks man, did you provide work experience letter from your home country? I have one which is quite solid but I am unsure if they will give me points for that. They also include the NOC number in that letter!

Thanks a lot!
No. l did not have work experience from my home country.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
This is what I received today which is the reply of my previous email. I asked them whether or not they have considered my updated reference letter and they sent the following email:

"This refers to your message below concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. We note that the officer who made the decision did, in fact, assess the letter of reference dated February 26, 2014 in coming to the decision to refuse your application.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. You should understand, however, that a new application would require submission of new processing fees and that any such application would be assessed according to the criteria in effect at that time. As a result, no assurance of success can be offered."

Has anybody tried going to MP? If yes, is it worth it to try?

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arm739 said:
This is what I received today which is the reply of my previous email. I asked them whether or not they have considered my updated reference letter:

"This refers to your message below concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. We note that the officer who made the decision did, in fact, assess the letter of reference dated February 26, 2014 in coming to the decision to refuse your application.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. You should understand, however, that a new application would require submission of new processing fees and that any such application would be assessed according to the criteria in effect at that time. As a result, no assurance of success can be offered."

could you show us the letter you sent? Depending on how it looks, you may want to appeal.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
ASG said:
could you show us the letter you sent? Depending on how it looks, you may want to appeal.
To Whom It May Concern,

As his employer and based on his request, I am writing this supplementary letter regarding the work experience of Mr. XXX, to clarify his main duties and update his working hours as a research assistant in my research group at the Department XXX at University of XXX. Mr. XXX has enrolled in Ph.D. program in 2010 and been working as research assistant under my direct supervision. He assists me in research activities in an industrial project titled as XXX.

His main duties include:

• Conducting literature and technical reviews
At the beginning, he reviewed many scientific journals related to (thesis subject) to make a base knowledge for his future experimental results.

• Performing laboratory and simulation experiments
Then, based on the previous theoretical works, he started doing his experiments at two different categories called “XXX” and “XXX”. He has also started supervising an undergraduate students group to perform XXX.

• Compiling and analyzing research results
When the experimental results were prepared, they were analyzed and applied to (scientific term). The (scientific term) is still in process with undergraduate group.

• Preparing scholarly publications and writing scientific journal papers. During his employment here, Mr. XXX has prepared the following papers:

1.XXX
2.XXX
3.XXX
4.XXX
5.XXX

He has also made presentations in the following conferences.

1.XXX

2.XXX

Mr. XXX has worked mainly as research assistant in my research group. However, during his program some of his time was allocated to his graduate courses and teaching assistantships as well. In the first year, 50% of his time was spent on the course works, and rest, 20 hours/week, towards the research assistantship activities. From September 2011 to September 2012, he also spent 10 hours/week on teaching assistantship and 30 hours/week towards the research assistantship. He has been working as a full time research assistant contributing 40 hours/week from September, 2012 till now (February, 2014). He has been receiving a stipend of $XXX/month since he started his studies at the University of XXX. He is expected to finish his program by September, 2014.

Should you have any questions regarding this letter of reference, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature

I am not sure if I appeal my chance would be high.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
arm739 said:
To Whom It May Concern,

As his employer and based on his request, I am writing this supplementary letter regarding the work experience of Mr. XXX, to clarify his main duties and update his working hours as a research assistant in my research group at the Department XXX at University of XXX. Mr. XXX has enrolled in Ph.D. program in 2010 and been working as research assistant under my direct supervision. He assists me in research activities in an industrial project titled as XXX.

His main duties include:

• Conducting literature and technical reviews
At the beginning, he reviewed many scientific journals related to (thesis subject) to make a base knowledge for his future experimental results.

• Performing laboratory and simulation experiments
Then, based on the previous theoretical works, he started doing his experiments at two different categories called “XXX” and “XXX”. He has also started supervising an undergraduate students group to perform XXX.

• Compiling and analyzing research results
When the experimental results were prepared, they were analyzed and applied to (scientific term). The (scientific term) is still in process with undergraduate group.

• Preparing scholarly publications and writing scientific journal papers. During his employment here, Mr. XXX has prepared the following papers:

1.XXX
2.XXX
3.XXX
4.XXX
5.XXX

He has also made presentations in the following conferences.

1.XXX

2.XXX

Mr. XXX has worked mainly as research assistant in my research group. However, during his program some of his time was allocated to his graduate courses and teaching assistantships as well. In the first year, 50% of his time was spent on the course works, and rest, 20 hours/week, towards the research assistantship activities. From September 2011 to September 2012, he also spent 10 hours/week on teaching assistantship and 30 hours/week towards the research assistantship. He has been working as a full time research assistant contributing 40 hours/week from September, 2012 till now (February, 2014). He has been receiving a stipend of $XXX/month since he started his studies at the University of XXX. He is expected to finish his program by September, 2014.

Should you have any questions regarding this letter of reference, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature

I am not sure if I appeal my chance would be high.
Was this the letter dated on Feb 26, 2014?

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
arm739 said:
This is what I received today which is the reply of my previous email. I asked them whether or not they have considered my updated reference letter and they sent the following email:

What was the name of the officer this time?!

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
arian_arian said:
What was the name of the officer this time?!
The same. FA01772