+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
N_O said:
Two applications in the same program? Or in the same category? Salam20 had 2 applications under the same category, he wasn't asked to choose one of them, he got a rejection in the first and the second is still under process. While Yuw25 had 2 applications under FSW-PhD stream and under CEC, he got his PR through CEC and wasn't asked to do anything with the other one, he withdrew it after landing.
Yes, I agree. They won't ask you to choose. Since they charge the processing fees for each application, they have to process each individually. You will get the fee back if you withdraw one of them before being forwarded for processing, but you get nothing back if you withdraw after it is forwarded to the visa office for processing.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Hello

Yesterday I got my document request:

1) The field of study for your doctoral program,
2) The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,
3) A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
4) A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.

Can someone help me with 1) and 2)? What does this mean by 1) should I just say Computer Science and what else?
Also, My supervisor year a go moved to another university, So, I need to give the contact detail of him in that university. Is that a problem? should I explain that he moved to another university and for this reason, the contact detail is different from my university? also, I got RA while he was in another university, because he still is adjuct proff in my university. Can someone help me with this?

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
arian_arian said:
You should be able to see it in the refusal email. in the signature section. Like this one below which is the one I received.

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des Demandes – Ottawa – FA01772

I believe the final decision was made by FA01772
Yes, you are right. It was FA01772.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Hey Guys I really need help with this, Can anyone help me please?

Hello

2) The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,

Can someone help me with 1) and 2)? What does this mean by 1) should I just say Computer Science and what else?
Also, My supervisor year a go moved to another university, So, I need to give the contact detail of him in that university. Is that a problem? should I explain that he moved to another university and for this reason, the contact detail is different from my university? also, I got RA while he was in another university, because he still is adjuct proff in my university. Can someone help me with this?

SJ2013

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
hooman2012 said:
Hey Guys I really need help with this, Can anyone help me please?

Hello

For 1, I included the following info:

First name
Last name
Degree program
Field of study
Area of expertise
Project title
Supervisor
Candidacy exam status
Work address

For 2, I included the following info:

Name of supervisor
Position
Name of university
Address
Phone
Fax
Website

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
arian_arian said:
BTW: what was the reason for your rejection? problem with "lead statement"?
Yes, it was mentioned: "I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Research Assistant (NOC 4012) at the University of XXX does not meet the requirements of b) and c) above as the letters of reference you submitted did not list any duties which matched the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected."

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
N_O said:
Your reference letter has the leading statement explicitly, but the duties don't show that. I hope that the officer didn't reject your application for this reason, it will be no fair at all! I believe that you have a good chance if you appealed.
Anyway, lets pray that they forgot to include it before as happened with Aidina, then they'll open your file again.

Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I hope so. I am planning to reapply since the period of two weeks has already gone. But, the problem is I am not sure if I get rejected for the same reason. Is the processing time for the second application as same as first one?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
SJ2013 said:
For 1, I included the following info:

First name
Last name
Degree program
Field of study
Area of expertise
Project title
Supervisor
Candidacy exam status
Work address

For 2, I included the following info:

Name of supervisor
Position
Name of university
Address
Phone
Fax
Website
Do I need any stamp or whatever from University to confirm this information?
I recently graduated and I Included my degree and transcripts too.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friend,

Can you please clarify what do they mean by "lead statement"?

Thanks!

arm739 said:
Yes, it was mentioned: "I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Research Assistant (NOC 4012) at the University of XXX does not meet the requirements of b) and c) above as the letters of reference you submitted did not list any duties which matched the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected."

SJ2013

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
hooman2012 said:
Do I need any stamp or whatever from University to confirm this information?
I recently graduated and I Included my degree and transcripts too.

Include your graduation date as well. There is no need to stamp it. They may verify the info with supervisor if needed.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
pepe84 said:
Hi friend,

Can you please clarify what do they mean by "lead statement"?

Thanks!
Here is the lead statement for NOC-4012

Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
New applicants please notice that you should not only include the lead statement in your RA ref. letter, but also a substantial number (almost all) of the main duties and these two terms: "assist professor in data analysis..." and "assist professors in the preparation of journal article or papers..." to be safe.

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
hello, guys
1) I did my Undergraduate for 4 years in Toronto.
2) One year master in another university and 3.5 years for my PhD
3) My daughter is 2 years old and was born in Canada.
4) My wife got her bachelor from other country and she also did two years post-graduate study in Canada ( Diploma, transcript and letter from her school).

based on your experience, Can I get the 10 points for adaptability?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
Jun

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Jun zheng said:
hello, guys
1) I did my Undergraduate for 4 years in Toronto.
2) One year master in another university and 3.5 years for my PhD
3) My daughter is 2 years old and was born in Canada.
4) My wife got her bachelor from other country and she also did two years post-graduate study in Canada ( Diploma, transcript and letter from her school).

based on your experience, Can I get the 10 points for adaptability?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
Jun
1) and 2) You will get 5 points for your previous study in Canada.
3) You will not get any points for your daughter as she is under 18 years old.
4) Based on the new rules you will not get any points for your spouse's education. But, you will get 5 points for spouse's previous study in Canada.
In addition you can get 5 points for your wife's language. She needs to have 4 (Speaking), 4.5 (Listening), 3.5 (Reading), 4 (Writing) in IELTS.
Notice that the maximum point for adaptability is 10 and you can not get more than 10 point of adaptability even if you are eligible for all categories.
For more information see the page 21-23 of the link in my signature.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
N_O said:
Two applications in the same program? Or in the same category? Salam20 had 2 applications under the same category, he wasn't asked to choose one of them, he got a rejection in the first and the second is still under process. While Yuw25 had 2 applications under FSW-PhD stream and under CEC, he got his PR through CEC and wasn't asked to do anything with the other one, he withdrew it after landing.
I was told this when I attended an Immigration presentation at my university in spring 2011. I really don't remember the specifics.