+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
Parkinson said:
1) and 2) You will get 5 points for your previous study in Canada.
3) You will not get any points for your daughter as she is under 18 years old.
4) Based on the new rules you will not get any points for your spouse's education. But, you will get 5 points for spouse's previous study in Canada.
In addition you can get 5 points for your wife's language. She needs to have 4 (Speaking), 4.5 (Listening), 3.5 (Reading), 4 (Writing) in IELTS.
Notice that the maximum point for adaptability is 10 and you can not get more than 10 point of adaptability even if you are eligible for all categories.
For more information see the page 21-23 of the link in my signature.
Thanks. I heard that 2 years PhD will not get any points, if no other educations in Canada. is this right?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Jun zheng said:
Thanks. I heard that 2 years PhD will not get any points, if no other educations in Canada. is this right?
Not giving the adaptability points for two years of PhD is for applicants before May 5, 2013. Now, you can get those points for two years of PhD in Canada and you also have 4 years of undergraduate study in Canada. Either of them can give you 5 points.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
arm739 said:
Thanks for your reply. I hope so. I am planning to reapply since the period of two weeks has already gone. But, the problem is I am not sure if I get rejected for the same reason. Is the processing time for the second application as same as first one?
You can still appeal if it has been more than two weeks. But you need to give some reasons why you are late which I believe in your case shouldn't be hard.You can say they told me that they are going to do more investigation on my case. (This is just my oppinion).

Dani1982 appealed after 2 weeks and it was successful.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Hey Guys,
You can have two applications at the same time under the same category. I expect to receive a doc request next business day.
I provided a TA letter for the entire period of work from back home with my application. I am worried TA only may not be considered. In addition, I worked as a TA for some months and a lecturer for the over a year for the same salary. For that reason, I want to provide a new letter. I am trying to avoid misrepresentation, as advised in the forum recently. Now I am preparing a new work experience letter. Is the following work experience letter acceptable??
-----
Date
To Whom It May Concern
I am writing this supplementary letter regarding the work experience of Mr. xxx xxx, to clarify his main duties and responsibilities during his term as a teaching assistant and during his term as a lecturer in the faculty of xxxx at xxxx University, and per his request.
From xxx to xxx, Mr. xxx served as a teaching assistant, specialized in xxxx. He was assisting university professors and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at our university. he worked 40 hours per week, as a full time. His monthly salary was xxxxxx. As a teaching assistant, he assisted the faculty members through performing the following duties:
• Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors for lectures of xxx and xxxxxx subjects.
• Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures of both listed subjects.
• Assist in the preparation and administration of examinations for both subjects.
• Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports of both subjects.

From xxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxxx, Mr. xxx served as a lecturer, specialized in xxxxxx. He taught courses to undergraduate students and conduct research at our university. He worked 40 hours per week, as a full time. His monthly salary was xxxxx. As a lecturer, he performed the following duties:
• Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate students; this includes subjects: (xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxx and xxxxx).
• Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups for the recently mentioned subjects.
• Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports of his subjects.
• Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions through office hours and discussion groups. He organized several sessions and invited speakers from international companies to share their career experience with students and provide technical training.
• Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books. He was an active member in the xxxxxx research group and participated in a number of projects.
• Serve on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and perform a variety of administrative duties related to the faculty.

xxxxxx
xxxxxxx
address: xxxxxx
tel: xxxx
email: xxxx

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
arian_arian said:
You can still appeal if it has been more than two weeks. But you need to give some reasons why you are late which I believe in your case shouldn't be hard.You can say they told me that they are going to do more investigation on my case. (This is just my oppinion).

Dani1982 appealed after 2 weeks and it was successful.
Do you know the procedure?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
arm739 said:
Do you know the procedure?
Here are some useful links:

http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/en/d/s/index.do?col=54

http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/ApplicationIMM

http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Rules#guides

http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Practice_Guide_Immigration

Have a look at these. First step is filing a "leave application" which is not difficult to do!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks,

Regarding schedule 3, I have had work experience in my home country from Sept 2008, to Sept 2011. In between this period, I also came to Canada to work twice, but I am not too sure how to break down those periods in Schedule 3, work experience.

Could you please help me!!!!!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

Has any of you submitted an application without National Identity Document? I am preparing my application but as I am in Canada I cannot use my national ID from my home country for overseas purposes. Can you please tell me if they can still accept my application without national ID?

Thanks a lot,

Pp

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
pepe84 said:
Hi friends,

Has any of you submitted an application without National Identity Document? I am preparing my application but as I am in Canada I cannot use my national ID from my home country for overseas purposes. Can you please tell me if they can still accept my application without national ID?

Thanks a lot,

Pp
I only included the birth certificates and did not include the national IDs. You can include the ID card of your province instead.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot Parkinson. I do not have any provincial ID, only Driver License from Ontario, Should I include that license as a national ID? or should I just simply say that I do not have National ID in the application form?

Thanks a lot, please get me back as soon as you can,

PP.

Parkinson said:
I only included the birth certificates and did not include the national IDs. You can include the ID card of your province instead.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
pepe84 said:
Thanks a lot Parkinson. I do not have any provincial ID, only Driver License from Ontario, Should I include that license as a national ID? or should I just simply say that I do not have National ID in the application form?

Thanks a lot, please get me back as soon as you can,

PP.
Yeah. The driver's license is a national identification document. You can include that.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot! I thought they were referring to National IDs from your home country. So it is a national ID even from Canada?

I appreciate your help Chakri264!

chakri264 said:
Yeah. The driver's license is a national identification document. You can include that.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
pepe84 said:
Thanks a lot! I thought they were referring to National IDs from your home country. So it is a national ID even from Canada?

I appreciate your help Chakri264!
If you dont have a national ID from your home country, you could include the national identity document from Canada. I did give my Ontario driver's license info in my application.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great!!! Thanks a lot for your help. My last question please, my spouse does not have any national ID from Canada, should I click on NO for her in the application form?

Thanks again chakri264!

chakri264 said:
You could include the national identity document from Canada. I did my driver's license in my application.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Hi guys,

Just a quick update on my application... I landed on May 25, the process was really smooth, no proof of funds requested... The officers were really friendly and helpful.

Good luck to everyone waiting for the news from CIC! And do not forget to update the letter of reference.

-kg.jadu