+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
arm739 said:
This is what I received today which is the reply of my previous email. I asked them whether or not they have considered my updated reference letter and they sent the following email:

"This refers to your message below concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. We note that the officer who made the decision did, in fact, assess the letter of reference dated February 26, 2014 in coming to the decision to refuse your application.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. You should understand, however, that a new application would require submission of new processing fees and that any such application would be assessed according to the criteria in effect at that time. As a result, no assurance of success can be offered."

Has anybody tried going to MP? If yes, is it worth it to try?
BTW: I went to my MP and apparently he is doing some more investigations. It has been two weeks and no news yet. I am not sure if he can be useful. But we must wait and see.

You may want try appealing. I am not sure how strong your ref letter is. It is better to get Dani1982 opinion.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
arian_arian said:
BTW: I went to my MP and apparently he is doing some more investigations. It has been two weeks and no news yet. I am not sure if he can be useful. But we must wait and see.

You may want try appealing. I am not sure how strong your ref letter is. It is better to get Dani1982 opinion.
Is he active here?

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
arian_arian said:
Can you please tell me when exactly you sent a email to Ottawa?

Thanks,
Sure. May 20th.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
arian_arian said:

Thanks for your suggestion. I just sent him a personal message. Hopefully, he replies my message soon.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
arm739 said:
Thanks for your suggestion. I just sent him a personal message. Hopefully, he replies my message soon.

Can you please send the letter BEFORE update?
Also please send the reason that they say for rejection.
Cause your updated letter should be ok.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
Can you please send the letter BEFORE update?
Also please send the reason that they say for rejection.
Cause your updated letter should be ok.
His updated letter doesn't have the word "ASSIST" in the duties, so the officer took this as an excuse for rejection. However, I think Arm379 has a strong ground for appeal as he has mentioned the leading statement explicitly in his letter.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
N_O said:
His updated letter doesn't have the word "ASSIST" in the duties, so the officer took this as an excuse for rejection. However, I think Arm379 has a strong ground for appeal as he has mentioned the leading statement explicitly in his letter.
if you want know if they really considered your recent letter you have to request a GCMS. it shows how the officer calculated your work experience based on the letters you sent and dates.
Do you think that there is any misrepresentation ? or contradiction in dates or hours?
I suggest that you go for the Federal court .
I had a letter like yours ready and mentions two positions, one of them was not mentioned in the application, I am very worried. I feel it may cause misrepresentation.

zain22

May 22, 2014
hello guys,
I'm an applicant from Quebec and i received this email:

As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in XXXX, Ontario, you currently live in MMMM, Quebec. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

Therefore, please submit information and/or documentation that would allay this concern within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit. If you do not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay this concern, your application may be refused.

I look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 30 days.
advice please.
any other suggestions other than moving?
I don't have a job offer.

ngag

Mar 9, 2012
I received the following e-mail

am writing you this letter to express a concern regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker Class.

As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in xxxxxx, Ontario, you currently live in xxxx, Quebec. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

Therefore, please submit information and/or documentation that would allay this concern within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit. If you do not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay this concern, your application may be refused.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
salam20 said:
if you want know if they really considered your recent letter you have to request a GCMS. it shows how the officer calculated your work experience based on the letters you sent and dates.
Do you think that there is any misrepresentation ? or contradiction in dates or hours?
I suggest that you go for the Federal court .
I had a letter like yours ready and mentions two positions, one of them was not mentioned in the application, I am very worried. I feel it may cause misrepresentation.
I received new set of GCMS today. Although they had received my updated letter, they did not talk about that letter in the note section. Concerning misrepresentation or contradiction I should say my previous letter was too general. Therefore, contradiction barely could have happened as the second letter was more specific and detailed. Plus, If any misrepresentation had occurred, the officer should have mentioned that in the note section. At this point, I am seriously thinking of filing leave application and judicial review. By the way, I talked to our MP and she is planning to go through my application and make an inquiry.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
arm739 said:
I received new set of GCMS today. Although they had received my updated letter, they did not talk about that letter in the note section. Concerning misrepresentation or contradiction I should say my previous letter was too general. Therefore, contradiction barely could have happened as the second letter was more specific and detailed. Plus, If any misrepresentation had occurred, the officer should have mentioned that in the note section. At this point, I am seriously thinking of filing leave application and judicial review. By the way, I talked to our MP and she is planning to go through my application and make an inquiry.

That sounds good!!
Again, please request a new GCMS. It will show you if they considered your most recent letter or not. They always reply that considered it but I remember one case they did not consider it and that was clear in the GCMS that was requested after the decission was made. please do not miss a new GCMS.
I support your decission talking to the MP and the federaL COURT AS well.