CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Anna2013 said:
Thanks my friend for your input and advise "not to worry", but you know that it is not possible to not to worry! I keep myself quite updated and revisit CIC websites periodically, but don't remember seeing such a thing either (I might have simply overlooked but chances are that they have been very recently added). Nonetheless, shame on them if they process older applications according to the new rules; which is a common practice for CIC.
That is why I was reading about the new rules today, I was trying to figure out will I get the adaptability points or not. I couldn't find any updates on the OB 6b that asks the officers not to credit the applicant for spouse's education or Canadian child, while they did for "The Previous study in Canada",
OP 6B Federal Skilled Workers – Applications received on or after June 26,
2014-01-31
Updates to chapter
Listing by date:

2014-01-31

Section 9.15 – upated text to clarify applicants must have completed a program of study of at
least two years’ duration to earn adaptability points for previous study in Canada.

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Hi guys,
I have put 3 letters of work experience in my phd stream application. I am going to submit another application in another category of FSK as well, and put one of those 3 work experiences as my main NOC in the new application. I am just wondering if CIC compares my work experience letters from my both applications? or my old and new applications are completely separate and nobody compares them? I am asking because the starting dates of these two letters are different. The working start date in my new application is 2 months earlier than my old application.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
vivi said:
Hi guys,
I have put 3 letters of work experience in my phd stream application. I am going to submit another application in another category of FSK as well, and put one of those 3 work experiences as my main NOC in the new application. I am just wondering if CIC compares my work experience letters from my both applications? or my old and new applications are completely separate and nobody compares them? I am asking because the starting dates of these two letters are different. The working start date in my new application is 2 months earlier than my old application.
Never ever do that. It is a misrepresentation. CIC may compare them and if finds your applications will be rejected.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi N_O,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am very concerned that NOBODY in the office of graduate studies want to sign that letter. They again sent me to the graduate coordinator of my department who is a delegate of the Dean. He wrote the letter and signed it and also included in the signature that he is a delegate for the Office of Graduate Studies. Do you think they will return my application?

Please need help ASAP!

N_O said:
Really, I do not know but I can advise you to sign it by the secretary to the Dean of School of Graduate Studies as I did. It should be stamped with the university seal, mine was stamped by the registrar office.
This letter is so critical; if it failed to meet the requirements, your application will be returned.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Meyakanor;

I don't know what to do. Honestly I can't get the signature of the Dean or Secretary, they are never there. The graduate coordinator of my department is a delegate authority for the office of graduate studies, he actually wrote that in the letter. Do you still think my application will be rejected? I am very scared, please advise me what to do :(

meyakanor said:
I agree. This letter can NEVER be signed by the secretary of your department. A lot (and I repeat, A LOT) of early (2011) applicants had their applications returned because they made this mistake. Better have this letter signed directly by the graduate studies office then have it returned later. And PhD stream may not even exist anymore, so do it now and do it without making any costly mistakes.

I think the important thing here is that, within the last ten years, you need at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) continuous work experience in one occupation only (provided it's skill level A, B or O). Let's say you have six months in job A, and six months in job B, then the work experience won't be accepted to satisfy the minimum requirements of one year of continuous work experience (it will still be accepted for point calculation, but not to satisfy minimum requirements).

For example, let's say you work on three different places
You work 6 months in job A
You work 7 months in job B
and 8 months in job C

Then you would NOT satisfy the minimum requirements and your application will be rejected, even though in total, you have more than one year of work experience.

But let's say you work 13 continuous months in job A,
7 months in job B
and 8 months in job C

Then you will satisfy the minimum work experience requirements, and at the same time, you can add the non-continuous 7 and 8 month periods to contribute to your total work experience (which will be in total 28 months).

That's my interpretation of the rule, I don't know if it has been changed, or if I have made a mistake in my interpretation.

As for CEC, I think they have made it explicit that the work experience does not have to be continuous,

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Hi everyone,
I provided my work expereince letters mention that I am TA back home for 1 year and half and RA & TA in Canada for two years.
based on the fact that TA may be a paroblem. Can I provide a new letter that mentions that I am a lecturer back home for one year of the one and half year of my TA experience?
I am worried of misrepresentation. Please advise.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
I just noticed that in the emails that we receive from CPC, we can see the senders.

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des Demandes – Ottawa – FA01772

So I got the rejection letter from FA01772. But in my GCMS, DS01608 recommended that I don't meet the requiements.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Anna2013 said:
I don't remember seeing/hearing such a thing until now. I checked the website and yes, it is there! Then what happens to those who have counted on TA+RA for example to make one year? Now I am just shocked! What about CEC applications?! I just applied in that category and I am relying on two different NOCs. I didn't see such a rule in CEC but maybe they apply to it as well (?!).
Anna, neither of your work experiences (RA or TA) makes 1 year? You might want to double check that they accept two work experiences (RA and TA) together build up "1 year of continuous work experience".

Regardless I assume you have applied under CEC which requires 1 year of work experience in Canada. If you have it from your postdoc or something else, then why to worry about RA/TA?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Anna2013 said:
I don't remember seeing/hearing such a thing until now. I checked the website and yes, it is there! Then what happens to those who have counted on TA+RA for example to make one year? Now I am just shocked! What about CEC applications?! I just applied in that category and I am relying on two different NOCs. I didn't see such a rule in CEC but maybe they apply to it as well (?!).
Do you know if work experiences under off-campus work permit is acceptable under CEC?

Thanks,

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivi said:
Hi guys,

As far as I know, you can not have two applications in the same class.
Since PhD stream is under FSW, I think you can not apply for another category of FSW. However, I am not 100 % sure.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beh467 said:
As far as I know, you can not have two applications in the same class.
Since PhD stream is under FSW, I think you can not apply for another category of FSW. However, I am not 100 % sure.
I don't think your assumption is right, Salam20 and Aidina had 2 applications in the same category even. Aidina withdrew the second application after he got the MR for the first one and Salam20's first application has been rejected.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Anna, neither of your work experiences (RA or TA) makes 1 year? You might want to double check that they accept two work experiences (RA and TA) together build up "1 year of continuous work experience".

Regardless I assume you have applied under CEC which requires 1 year of work experience in Canada. If you have it from your postdoc or something else, then why to worry about RA/TA?
I am not relying on TA/RA... I was just wondering. Yes, I am now in CEC (yay, if I continue like this, I have the honour of having applied in all the categories) with work experience in other NOCs. But I still check this forum to stay informed as well as to see how you guys are doing.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
arian_arian said:
Do you know if work experiences under off-campus work permit is acceptable under CEC?

Thanks,
No: for CEC, no work experience obtained while you were enrolled at school will be counted.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
vivi said:
Hi guys,
They have 3 centralized systems for applicants all over the countries. 1 one of them is for applicants out of Canada. 2 others for applicants in Canada have information like immigration files, visa applications, and any other record one might have. If an officer wants, he/she can load and check all your applications anywhere you made from a simple visa request to immigration files.

An officer might compare your applications. 1-2 months difference could trigger them depending on how though your officer is. Maybe you can update on of them. I am not sure if this is a good idea though.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
N_O said:
I don't think your assumption is right, Salam20 and Aidina had 2 applications in the same category even. Aidina withdrew the second application after he got the MR for the first one and Salam20's first application has been rejected.
I don't think it is possible to have two applications in PhD stream. The case for aidina was not two applications at the same time. His second application was in a so early stage before it is assessed. It was just in the queue, and no one was checking it.
Based on that, I don't think we can conclude it is possible to have two applications in PhD stream at least in a high processing stage.

I am not aware of salam20's case.