Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
N_O said:
I think this is the current job, they just listed your personal information. i.e (name, job, address, home phone, ...etc)
Thanks N_O. :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Be careful! If you are applying under the PhD stream, they will consider the one year of work experience ONLY in the primary occupation stated in your application. So if you stated three different NOC numbers, they will only consider one, the one you wrote as primary occupation. If you don't have one year of work experience in the primary NOC, your application will be rejected, please see below the statement;

"have at least one year of continuous full-time (or an equal amount in continuous part-time) paid work experience, within the last ten years, in the primary occupation you state in your application."

chakri264 said:
Thanks N_O. :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

Do I need to submit my transcript when applying under the PhD stream with two years in progress? or it is only for those who have already earned the PhD degree?

Please need help ASAP!

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
pepe84 said:
Hey Be careful! If you are applying under the PhD stream, they will consider the one year of work experience ONLY in the primary occupation stated in your application. So if you stated three different NOC numbers, they will only consider one, the one you wrote as primary occupation. If you don't have one year of work experience in the primary NOC, your application will be rejected, please see below the statement;

"have at least one year of continuous full-time (or an equal amount in continuous part-time) paid work experience, within the last ten years, in the primary occupation you state in your application."
This is "new"!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No actually, it has been there for a long while! I called immigration today and after a 15 minutes waiting they answered the phone and told me that I must have one year in "the primary occupation stated in the application". I asked when did you state that, they said: almost since the PhD stream program was opened !

I know this process is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna2013 said:
This is "new"!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
pepe84 said:
No actually, it has been there for a long while! I called immigration today and after a 15 minutes waiting they answered the phone and told me that I must have one year in "the primary occupation stated in the application". I asked when did you state that, they said: almost since the PhD stream program was opened !

I know this process is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, it wasn't before May 4, 2013. I just checked the NEW schedule 3, and it asks you in Q12 to identify the primary occupation and the corresponding NOC that will be used to asses whether the application meets the minimum requirements to be eligible for processing.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
pepe84 said:
Hey guys,

Do I need to submit my transcript when applying under the PhD stream with two years in progress? or it is only for those who have already earned the PhD degree?

Please need help ASAP!
PM Sarsanballa, he is the only applicant who got his PR on the new regulations.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_O said:
PM Sarsanballa, he is the only applicant who got his PR on the new regulations.
thanks a lot! Do you happen to know if the graduate secretary of my department (she is a dean's delegate) can sign the attestation letter for the two years in the PhD program?

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
N_O said:
No, it wasn't before May 4, 2013. I just checked the NEW schedule 3, and it asks you in Q12 to identify the primary occupation and the corresponding NOC that will be used to asses whether the application meets the minimum requirements to be eligible for processing.
I don't remember seeing/hearing such a thing until now. I checked the website and yes, it is there! Then what happens to those who have counted on TA+RA for example to make one year? Now I am just shocked! What about CEC applications?! I just applied in that category and I am relying on two different NOCs. I didn't see such a rule in CEC but maybe they apply to it as well (?!).

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Anna2013 said:
I don't remember seeing/hearing such a thing until now. I checked the website and yes, it is there! Then what happens to those who have counted on TA+RA for example to make one year?

Now I am just shocked! What about CEC applications?! I just applied in that category and I am relying on two different NOCs. I didn't see such a rule in CEC but maybe they apply to it as well.
I haven't read that before this morning, just before Pepe84 said that! I was reading how to apply through FSW in general and I found this piece of information. Once Pepe84 said that, I checked both of the new and old schedule 3 to find that this is true under the new regulations for FSW, if it was applicable for CEC you would have seen it before, do not worry.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
pepe84 said:
thanks a lot! Do you happen to know if the graduate secretary of my department (she is a dean's delegate) can sign the attestation letter for the two years in the PhD program?
Really, I do not know but I can advise you to sign it by the secretary to the Dean of School of Graduate Studies as I did. It should be stamped with the university seal, mine was stamped by the registrar office.
This letter is so critical; if it failed to meet the requirements, your application will be returned.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
N_O said:
I haven't read that before this morning, just before Pepe84 said that! I was reading how to apply through FSW in general and I found this piece of information. Once Pepe84 said that, I checked both of the new and old schedule 3 to find that this is true under the new regulations for FSW, if it was applicable for CEC you would have seen it before, do not worry.
N_O!! Even if that is true, I have been a RA for 3 years (20 hours a week) which makes one and half years of full time. I think I am on safe side. What do you say?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
N_O said:
Really, I do not know but I can advise you to sign it by the secretary to the Dean of School of Graduate Studies as I did. It should be stamped with the university seal, mine was stamped by the registrar office.
This letter is so critical; if it failed to meet the requirements, your application will be returned.
I agree. This letter can NEVER be signed by the secretary of your department. A lot (and I repeat, A LOT) of early (2011) applicants had their applications returned because they made this mistake. Better have this letter signed directly by the graduate studies office then have it returned later. And PhD stream may not even exist anymore, so do it now and do it without making any costly mistakes.

chakri264 said:
N_O!! Even if that is true, I have been a RA for 3 years (20 hours a week) which makes one and half years of full time. I think I am on safe side. What do you say?
I think the important thing here is that, within the last ten years, you need at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) continuous work experience in one occupation only (provided it's skill level A, B or O). Let's say you have six months in job A, and six months in job B, then the work experience won't be accepted to satisfy the minimum requirements of one year of continuous work experience (it will still be accepted for point calculation, but not to satisfy minimum requirements).

For example, let's say you work on three different places
You work 6 months in job A
You work 7 months in job B
and 8 months in job C

Then you would NOT satisfy the minimum requirements and your application will be rejected, even though in total, you have more than one year of work experience.

But let's say you work 13 continuous months in job A,
7 months in job B
and 8 months in job C

Then you will satisfy the minimum work experience requirements, and at the same time, you can add the non-continuous 7 and 8 month periods to contribute to your total work experience (which will be in total 28 months).

That's my interpretation of the rule, I don't know if it has been changed, or if I have made a mistake in my interpretation.

As for CEC, I think they have made it explicit that the work experience does not have to be continuous,

Applicants must have 12 months of full time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months preceding the date on which their application is received [R87.1(2)(a)].
Work experience need not be continuous under the CEC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/RESOURCES/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
meyakanor said:
I think the important thing here is that, within the last ten years, you need at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) continuous work experience in one occupation only (provided it's skill level A, B or O). Let's say you have six months in job A, and six months in job B, then the work experience won't be accepted to satisfy the minimum requirements of one year of continuous work experience (it will still be accepted for point calculation, but not to satisfy minimum requirements).

For example, let's say you work on three different places
You work 6 months in job A
You work 7 months in job B
and 8 months in job C

Then you would NOT satisfy the minimum requirements and your application will be rejected, even though in total, you have more than one year of work experience.

But let's say you work 13 continuous months in job A,
7 months in job B
and 8 months in job C

Then you will satisfy the minimum work experience requirements, and at the same time, you can add the non-continuous 7 and 8 month periods to contribute to your total work experience (which will be in total 28 months).

That's my interpretation of the rule, I don't know if it has been changed, or if I have made a mistake in my interpretation.
Hi Meyakanor thanks for the clarification. I had 4 years of part time experience as a pharmacist with in the last 10 years (which counts to 2 years full time) and 3 years part-time as an RA in my PhD (1 and half years full time). So I think I am on safe side. Thank you

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
N_O said:
Thanks my friend for your input and advise to "not to worry", but you know that it is impossible to not to worry! I keep myself quite updated and revisit CIC websites periodically, but don't remember seeing such a thing either (I might have simply overlooked but chances are that they have been very recently added). Nonetheless, shame on them if they process older applications according to the new rules; which is a common practice for CIC.