Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
salam20 said:
Hi everyone,
I provided my work expereince letters mention that I am TA back home for 1 year and half and RA & TA in Canada for two years.
based on the fact that TA may be a paroblem. Can I provide a new letter that mentions that I am a lecturer back home for one year of the one and half year of my TA experience?
I am worried of misrepresentation. Please advise.
I think this is a misrepresentation. But why do you think TA is a problem? It might be hard to get it through but the lectureship is as hard I think. Best would be to have enough supporting material for your TA. That's just my opinion.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I don't think it is possible to have two applications in PhD stream. The case for aidina was not two applications at the same time. His second application was in a so early stage before it is assessed. It was just in the queue, and no one was checking it.
Based on that, I don't think we can conclude it is possible to have two applications in PhD stream at least in a high processing stage.

I am not aware of salam20's case.
My knowledge is that there is no limit on the number of applications or categories; i.e., you can have as many applications as you want in different or same categories. There is nowhere written that you cannot submit an application if you have one in process in category X. The only thing is that each application gets a new number and goes in the queue, and of course CIC appreciates the $550+ application fee so much.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Anna2013 said:
I am not relying on TA/RA... I was just wondering. Yes, I am now in CEC (yay, if I continue like this, I have the honour of having applied in all the categories) with work experience in other NOCs. But I still check this forum to stay informed as well as to see how you guys are doing.
lol, I have had 3 applications so far. One back in 2010 for Quebec because FSW was closed for many occupations and I had no other way but to apply for the Quebec immigration. I even attended a french class for that. I closed that application later.
The next two were my applications for PhD stream. You are not alone :)

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
N_O said:
Hello there,

I am so sorry to hear that! Would you please share your RA reference letter with us?
Anyway, send them an email to ask whether they considered your updated letter or not, they will clarify this point definitely.
Sorry for delay since I was away from Canada and I heard that bad news when I was on vacation. Anyway, I asked them whether or not they have considered my updated letter. After few days they sent me the following email:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail below.
Please be informed that your file was forwarded to the officer for review.
Once your file has been reviewed by an officer, you will receive further communication from us.
Regards,

It has been more than a week after I got the above email and so far no further communication.

The following was my updated reference letter from my supervisor:

To Whom It May Concern,

As his employer and based on his request, I am writing this supplementary letter regarding the work experience of Mr. XXX, to clarify his main duties and update his working hours as a research assistant in my research group at the Department XXX at University of XXX. Mr. XXX has enrolled in Ph.D. program in 2010 and been working as research assistant under my direct supervision. He assists me in research activities in an industrial project titled as XXX.

His main duties include:

• Conducting literature and technical reviews
At the beginning, he reviewed many scientific journals related to (thesis subject) to make a base knowledge for his future experimental results.

• Performing laboratory and simulation experiments
Then, based on the previous theoretical works, he started doing his experiments at two different categories called “XXX” and “XXX”. He has also started supervising an undergraduate students group to perform XXX.

• Compiling and analyzing research results
When the experimental results were prepared, they were analyzed and applied to (scientific term). The (scientific term) is still in process with undergraduate group.

• Preparing scholarly publications and writing scientific journal papers. During his employment here, Mr. XXX has prepared the following papers:

1.XXX
2.XXX
3.XXX
4.XXX
5.XXX

He has also made presentations in the following conferences.

1.XXX

2.XXX

Mr. XXX has worked mainly as research assistant in my research group. However, during his program some of his time was allocated to his graduate courses and teaching assistantships as well. In the first year, 50% of his time was spent on the course works, and rest, 20 hours/week, towards the research assistantship activities. From September 2011 to September 2012, he also spent 10 hours/week on teaching assistantship and 30 hours/week towards the research assistantship. He has been working as a full time research assistant contributing 40 hours/week from September, 2012 till now (February, 2014). He has been receiving a stipend of $XXX/month since he started his studies at the University of XXX. He is expected to finish his program by September, 2014.

Should you have any questions regarding this letter of reference, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
arm739 said:
Sorry for delay since I was away from Canada and I heard that bad news when I was on vacation. Anyway, I asked them whether or not they have considered my updated letter. After few days they sent me the following email:

Dear Sir,

Once your file has been reviewed by an officer, you will receive further communication from us.
Regards,

It has been more than a week after I got the above email and so far no further communication.

To Whom It May Concern,

As his employer and based on his request, I am writing this supplementary letter regarding the work experience of Mr. XXX, to clarify his main duties and update his working hours as a research assistant in my research group at the Department XXX at University of XXX. Mr. XXX has enrolled in Ph.D. program in 2010 and been working as research assistant under my direct supervision. He assists me in research activities in an industrial project titled as XXX.

His main duties include:

At the beginning, he reviewed many scientific journals related to (thesis subject) to make a base knowledge for his future experimental results.

Then, based on the previous theoretical works, he started doing his experiments at two different categories called “XXX” and “XXX”. He has also started supervising an undergraduate students group to perform XXX.

When the experimental results were prepared, they were analyzed and applied to (scientific term). The (scientific term) is still in process with undergraduate group.

• Preparing scholarly publications and writing scientific journal papers. During his employment here, Mr. XXX has prepared the following papers:

1.XXX
2.XXX
3.XXX
4.XXX
5.XXX

1.XXX

2.XXX

Mr. XXX has worked mainly as research assistant in my research group. However, during his program some of his time was allocated to his graduate courses and teaching assistantships as well. In the first year, 50% of his time was spent on the course works, and rest, 20 hours/week, towards the research assistantship activities. From September 2011 to September 2012, he also spent 10 hours/week on teaching assistantship and 30 hours/week towards the research assistantship. He has been working as a full time research assistant contributing 40 hours/week from September, 2012 till now (February, 2014). He has been receiving a stipend of $XXX/month since he started his studies at the University of XXX. He is expected to finish his program by September, 2014.

Should you have any questions regarding this letter of reference, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Signature
Please keep us informed once they get back to you.

Do u know who was your officer?

Thanks,

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
arian_arian said:
Please keep us informed once they get back to you.

Do u know who was your officer?

Thanks,
Sure. I will receive new set of GCMS soon. Then, I will notify you.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
arm739 said:

Dear Sir,

Regards,

To Whom It May Concern,

His main duties include:

1.XXX
2.XXX
3.XXX
4.XXX
5.XXX

1.XXX

2.XXX

Sincerely,

Signature
BTW: what was the reason for your rejection? problem with "lead statement"?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
arm739 said:

Dear Sir,

Regards,

To Whom It May Concern,

His main duties include:

1.XXX
2.XXX
3.XXX
4.XXX
5.XXX

1.XXX

2.XXX

Sincerely,

Signature
Your reference letter has the leading statement explicitly, but the duties don't show that. I hope that the officer didn't reject your application for this reason, it will be no fair at all! I believe that you have a good chance if you appealed.
Anyway, lets pray that they forgot to include it before as happened with Aidina, then they'll open your file again.

Good luck!

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
arm739 said:
Sure. I will receive new set of GCMS soon. Then, I will notify you.
You should be able to see it in the refusal email. in the signature section. Like this one below which is the one I received.

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des Demandes – Ottawa – FA01772

I believe the final decision was made by FA01772

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

need your suggestion. I'm my pursuing my PhD here in a Quebec University, I have 5 years of Industry experience before commencing PhD, now in the 1st year. According to my understanding,
1. being a Quebec PhD student i can ONLY apply through Quebec Skilled Worker after getting half of my studies completed. (2 years)
2. can apply to PEQ if i am about to complete my studies (after 3 - 4 years)

Can you suggest me what's the best option for me, should i apply under regular FSW program based on my previous experience? or Wait 1 more year / with completion of my Comprehensive apply under Quebec Skilled Worker?

Also the Cap for PHD stream has been reduced to 500 Applicants now.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
vivi said:
Hi guys,
I have put 3 letters of work experience in my phd stream application. I am going to submit another application in another category of FSK as well, and put one of those 3 work experiences as my main NOC in the new application. I am just wondering if CIC compares my work experience letters from my both applications? or my old and new applications are completely separate and nobody compares them? I am asking because the starting dates of these two letters are different. The working start date in my new application is 2 months earlier than my old application.
Definitely a bad idea. They should be the same dates simply because they are the same job experience.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I don't think it is possible to have two applications in PhD stream. The case for aidina was not two applications at the same time. His second application was in a so early stage before it is assessed. It was just in the queue, and no one was checking it.
Based on that, I don't think we can conclude it is possible to have two applications in PhD stream at least in a high processing stage.

I am not aware of salam20's case.
I was told that if you have two applications, once they start being processed, you will be asked to choose one with which to continue the processing.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
climate_modeller said:
I was told that if you have two applications, once they start being processed, you will be asked to choose one with which to continue the processing.
Two applications in the same program? Or in the same category? Salam20 had 2 applications under the same category, he wasn't asked to choose one of them, he got a rejection in the first and the second is still under process. While Yuw25 had 2 applications under FSW-PhD stream and under CEC, he got his PR through CEC and wasn't asked to do anything with the other one, he withdrew it after landing.

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
beh467 said:
As far as I know, you can not have two applications in the same class.
Since PhD stream is under FSW, I think you can not apply for another category of FSW. However, I am not 100 % sure.
I called CIC and they said: there is no problem with that, whichever of your application accepts first, you have to cancel the other one. They money may be returned fully or partially as well, based on the stage of the application.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Hello

Yesterday I got my document request:

1) The field of study for your doctoral program,
2) The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,
3) A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
4) A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.

Can someone help me with 1) and 2)? What does this mean by 1) should I just say Computer Science and what else?
Also, My supervisor year a go moved to another university, So, I need to give the contact detail of him in that university. Is that a problem? should I explain that he moved to another university and for this reason, the contact detail is different from my university? also, I got RA while he was in another university, because he still is adjuct proff in my university. Can someone help me with this?