+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

S

s.guo82

asbereth, what documents should I provide to show them my working experience including my non-taxable income of ra? For the current application, I only provided them with a letter from HR and a spread sheet showing exact working hrs of my taxable income of ta/ra. Is a letter from the department secretary with T4/T4A enough for the non-taxable part, in which it shows I work full time as an ra and part time as a ta? I am thinking that in a new application submitting both the letter from HR and the secretary is kinda misleading.

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
Hi guys, this is the email I got today from CIC. Hope some of you can help me with this:

Dear xxxx,

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. These instructions specify that applications from international students who are currently enrolled in a PhD program, or foreign nationals who have completed a PhD program, in a recognized educational institution located in Canada and that are accompanied by the results of the principal applicant’s English or French language proficiency assessment are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Your application has been placed into processing. However, the letter(s) of employment you have supplied do not provide sufficient information to complete the selection assessment of your application.

In order for us to complete the assessment of your application we require letters of reference from the following Employer(s): xxx University and the University of xxx for which you have requested assessment on your Schedule 3. Please note: work experience must have occurred during the 10 years immediately preceding the date of application.

Letters must include all of the following information:

The specific period of your employment with the company (dates of employment)
The positions you have held during the period of employment
The time spent in each position
Your main responsibilities and duties in each position
Your total annual salary plus benefits
The number of hours worked per week, a summary of the total hours of employment, and whether the employment was full time or part time

The letters must be:

Written on company letterhead,
Signed by the responsible officer/supervisor
Show the company’s full address, telephone, fax number, e-mail, website address, and stamp with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

and I am given 60 days to provide this. As far as I know both my letters of employment had all of the details indicated above except the main responsibilities and duties of TA/RA. I am guessing it is not a coincidence that this part was bolded in the email i received today.

More details: I had submitted only 2 letters of employment, 1 from each university. No other employment record like T4 slips or contract letters were submitted. I did not submit anything from my supervisors too. Both my letters were provided by the respective departments.

So am I right in thinking that I submit the letters once again with the responsibilities and duties added? There is nothing more specific in the email. Thank you guys~ :)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
JBR said:
The specific period of your employment with the company (dates of employment)
The positions you have held during the period of employment
The time spent in each position
Your main responsibilities and duties in each position
Your total annual salary plus benefits
The number of hours worked per week, a summary of the total hours of employment, and whether the employment was full time or part time

The letters must be:

Show the company's full address, telephone, fax number, e-mail, website address, and stamp with the company's official seal (if applicable)

and I am given 60 days to provide this. As far as I know both my letters of employment had all of the details indicated above except the main responsibilities and duties of TA/RA. I am guessing it is not a coincidence that this part was bolded in the email i received today.

More details: I had submitted only 2 letters of employment, 1 from each university. No other employment record like T4 slips or contract letters were submitted. I did not submit anything from my supervisors too. Both my letters were provided by the respective departments.

So am I right in thinking that I submit the letters once again with the responsibilities and duties added? There is nothing more specific in the email. Thank you guys~ :)
Yes, you have to say the things you were doing(preparing classesm, marking assignments, etc).

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
JBR said:
Hi guys, this is the email I got today from CIC. Hope some of you can help me with this:

Show the company's full address, telephone, fax number, e-mail, website address, and stamp with the company's official seal (if applicable)

were submitted. I did not submit anything from my supervisors too. Both my letters were provided by the respective departments.

Hi JBR,
Yes, it is important to include the details of responsibilities as well. You can find the responsibilities as TA/RA at the NOC Link. Search 4012 at NOC website.

You can get TA responsibilities letter from your department and RA responsibilities letter from your supervisor.

Good Luck.

PS: I am trying to post the link for NOC but this blog is not allowing me.. Trying to figure out.. How can we paste link here? any help?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
mkrp21 said:
Medicals without PC!!! It must be before 2011 bcoz they mention it separately that it is required to submit all documents including PC with application now.
i believe we don't have to submit PCs with our application and can submit them later on...correct me if i am wrong ;)

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
anjuku said:
i believe we don't have to submit PCs with our application and can submit them later on...correct me if i am wrong ;)
You are right anjuku. It is not necessary but only STRONGLY RECOMMENDED :D. I read the document again, it states as follows:

We strongly recommend that you submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO without them. However, please note that if your application is placed into processing you must be ready to submit them to the visa office when requested.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
supergoldenfish, congratulations!!! For those who have not yet received their PER's, despite submitting their applications long ago, do not yet lose hope!!!

s.guo82 said:
asbereth, what documents should I provide to show them my working experience including my non-taxable income of ra? For the current application, I only provided them with a letter from HR and a spread sheet showing exact working hrs of my taxable income of ta/ra. Is a letter from the department secretary with T4/T4A enough for the non-taxable part, in which it shows I work full time as an ra and part time as a ta? I am thinking that in a new application submitting both the letter from HR and the secretary is kinda misleading.
s.guo82, your letter won't be misleading, so long there are no contradictions in the information. For example, if HR claims you work 10 hours per week for TA, then your letter from your department head (or secretary or your supervisor) should also show also the exact same number of hours. I'm assuming HR would not provide responsibilities for your TA/RA, so you would need to get letters from your supervisor or department head anyway explaining responsibilities, so make sure the number of hours would be consistent with what's provided by HR (say, if HR says you work 10 hours as a TA, make sure in your letter, it also said 10 hours for TA).

For non-taxable parts, just get a letter of reference from your supervisor (or department head like in my case), detailing the number of hours, responsibilities, funding, etc, and make sure it's super-detailed (as you can see from JBR's case, you need to include responsibilities, and they need to match the NOC descriptions). I'm thinking that, if they really need more information from you, most likely you're just going to get an email from the CIO to append your application. Hopefully though, you will just get your PER, and things would just be fine.

JBR said:

Ya, just re-submit the exact same letters + detailed responsibilities, and I think you should be fine. I'm assuming that "xxx University and the University of xxx" means that you have worked on these two universities? If that's the case, be sure to ask for both these schools for the letters. Draft the letters yourself if need be, but make sure there would be NO contradictory information with what you sent before. I'm assuming you are keeping copies of what you sent to the CIO? Anyway, congratulations for being given the second chance to submit these documents, and not having your application just returned and marked incomplete :D

Anyway, I just realized that they wanted you to notice the bold part of your PER / NER letters. In my letter, the "please inform the visa office", "Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing", and "in a recognized educational institution located in Canada and that are accompanied by the results of the principal applicant's English or French language proficiency assessment are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class".

I know why the first two were highlighted (since I needed to make corrections of some things on my application), but I'm not sure what exactly they wanted me to notice for the third one since I think I did the IELTS exam just fine (band 8 ).

anjuku said:
The thing is, if you're only given 60 days by the CIO to submit the police certificates, then based on my personal experience, this would not be enough time to submit, say, a police certificate from CIA since it takes 3 to 4 months to get it from the day you applied ;)

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
I made a big mistake there too. Did not bother to take photocopies of submitted documents since I assumed the information in the employment letters would not change if i asked for a copy later. I have a copy of the letter from one university while I dont have anything for the other. Damn!

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
Just a quick question:

The human resource department at one of the universities I worked in told me clearly today that they wont be stating the duties and responsibilities in the letter that they give me. So pretty much they would give me the same letter I submitted to CIC before. Should I just ask for a letter from the department to cover this gap? Cos I really dont want to submit another letter from the human resource dept. since I am now afraid they may (though highly unlikely) provide some contradictory information. thank you asbereth :D

With my current university, I can get all info in the same letter and I have a earlier copy to compare and eliminate contradictions.