19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
MapleDream said:
The following is a part of the letter. I lose points in the red part. The bold 'complete' is in the original letter. It is the official who wants me to notice this.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.
######################################################
Was this really in the letter? This sounds very weird! Does this mean they will not accept a new application or just that they will no accept any corrections in the one will sent?

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
TyrusX said:
Was this really in the letter? This sounds very weird! Does this mean they will not accept a new application or just that they will no accept any corrections in the one will sent?
I think they just won't accept any correction not a new application.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
MapleDream said:
I think they just won't accept any correction not a new application.
My advise is to reapply with prove of your wife education and study a bit of English and retake the IELTS. Also, state the paragraph on the OP-06 that says that there is not such a thing as a requirement to complete 2 years of education in a cover later.

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
TyrusX said:
My advise is to reapply with prove of your wife education and study a bit of English and retake the IELTS. Also, state the paragraph on the OP-06 that says that there is not such a thing as a requirement to complete 2 years of education in a cover later.
I am busy on my thesis now, so I don't want to retake IELTS in near future. I have two choices now. Firstly, I resubmit my application after my graduation. At that time, however my score is enough under any circumstance. Secondly, I appeal. I don't know usually how long it will take and how much probability I have to overturn it.

S

s.guo82

I think I probably should prepare for the resubmission. Will they return the document? Can I submit the returned ones together with new ones?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
s.guo82 said:
I think I probably should prepare for the resubmission. Will they return the document? Can I submit the returned ones together with new ones?
Dude, I kind of guessed that you are from Chine due to your surname, can you confirm that and the number of applicants you have? They will return the documents, but it usually take a while.

S

s.guo82

TyrusX said:
Dude, I kind of guessed that you are from Chine due to your surname, can you confirm that and the number of applicants you have? They will return the documents, but it usually take a while.
Oui. I m from China and the sole applicant.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
s.guo82 said:
s.guo82, do you think you can accumulate more than 3,900 hours within the last 10 years if you go into more details with your letters (and including continuous 1,950 hours)? If so, then it's probably a good idea to start preparing these things. Also, make sure that your IELTS score will still be valid (else you would have to take it again, which sucks). And of course, the police certificates (these you probably would definitely need to get new ones, since they're only valid for one year). Hopefully though, you wouldn't have to go through all this, and you would just get your PER, but it wouldn't hurt to start preparing for the worst.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Hi guys,

I am new here. My package just arrived Sydney today. Now I have a quick question. As I am in the third year of my Phd program, I am not sure how my work experience will be counted. Only TA&RA? Or my previous work experiences in China are also available although they are not on the skilled worker list? Thanks.

S

s.guo82

asbereth said:
s.guo82, do you think you can accumulate more than 3,900 hours within the last 10 years if you go into more details with your letters (and including continuous 1,950 hours)? If so, then it's probably a good idea to start preparing these things. Also, make sure that your IELTS score will still be valid (else you would have to take it again, which sucks). And of course, the police certificates (these you probably would definitely need to get new ones, since they're only valid for one year). Hopefully though, you wouldn't have to go through all this, and you would just get your PER, but it wouldn't hurt to start preparing for the worst.
Thank you for ur suggestions. I only claimed 1 yr work experience showing that my taxable working hrs are over 2000hrs. However, in the note I do notify them that I worked longer and earned more from my ra/ta. I m not worried about IELTs since I took it last Dec. As for the police certificate, I can even provide it to them when they request. However, I have to make sure I have more than 67 points even without the adaptability points, so I may need to claim 2 yrs working experience affirmatively in my new application.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jackson2209 said:
I am new here. My package just arrived Sydney today. Now I have a quick question. As I am in the third year of my Phd program, I am not sure how my work experience will be counted. Only TA&RA? Or my previous work experiences in China are also available although they are not on the skilled worker list? Thanks.
Hi jackson2209, can you clarify what you meant by not on the skilled worker's list? I'm assuming that you're referring to the 38 occupations for eligibility? These occupations are just for eligibility, but then again, if you have completed more than two years of your PhD, you are eligible, and all of your work experience from the last 10 years can be counted (provided they fall under skill level 0, A or B). So check back all of the experience you've had from the last ten years, and see if they can be considered skill level A, 0 or B. And the most important thing, make sure you have at least 1,950 of continuous work experience for any period within the last 10 years. We have one applicant rejected because of precisely this reason.

s.guo82 said:
Thank you for ur suggestions. I only claimed 1 yr work experience showing that my taxable working hrs are over 2000hrs. However, in the note I do notify them that I worked longer and earned more from my ra/ta. I m not worried about IELTs since I took it last Dec. As for the police certificate, I can even provide it to them when they request. However, I have to make sure I have more than 67 points even without the adaptability points, so I may need to claim 2 yrs working experience affirmatively in my new application.
s.guo82, yeah, if you are going to prepare for resubmission, then you might as well make sure you can claim more than 3,900 hours. But did you claim hours for your non-taxable parts of the income as well? If you did, then more likely they would give you positive review, and you wouldn't have to worry about re-submission. At least for the purpose of CIO, we have confirmed that the CIO did indeed accept non-taxable Canadian incomes as 'salaries' for our work experience. Not sure if this would be true for VO though.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, AF___ only claimed 650 hours for taxable work experience through RA/TA, and did not even put the number of hours for his non-taxable parts (he included everything else in his letters though, except for the number of hours per week). And he already got his PER. Admittedly, he claimed eligibility points from his wife's credentials, so that's probably why his case was a bit more straight forward than yours.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
asbereth said:
Regarding Police certificate, it is valid for a period of one year though it is mentioned in the instruction that it is recommended to apply WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF ISSUE DATE of Police certificate.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mkrp21 said:
Regarding Police certificate, it is valid for a period of one year though it is mentioned in the instruction that it is recommended to apply WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF ISSUE DATE of Police certificate.
Thanks mrkp21 :D Police certificates are always a tricky issue. The reason why it is probably wiser to submit this along with initial submissions of your documents was because, for some countries, it could take 10 or more weeks to obtain police certificates, and sometimes, the CIC just gave us 30 - 60 days to submit these documents. But then again, I've heard people getting their medicals without submitting even a single police certificate, so your experience may vary.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Thank you asbereth. I do mean that my previous positions(software engineer or test engineer) were not in the 29 occupations of FSW list. It's great that they will be counted which means I will get extra points.

asbereth said:
Hi jackson2209, can you clarify what you meant by not on the skilled worker's list? I'm assuming that you're referring to the 38 occupations for eligibility? These occupations are just for eligibility, but then again, if you have completed more than two years of your PhD, you are eligible, and all of your work experience from the last 10 years can be counted (provided they fall under skill level 0, A or B). So check back all of the experience you've had from the last ten years, and see if they can be considered skill level A, 0 or B. And the most important thing, make sure you have at least 1,950 of continuous work experience for any period within the last 10 years. We have one applicant rejected because of precisely this reason.

s.guo82, yeah, if you are going to prepare for resubmission, then you might as well make sure you can claim more than 3,900 hours. But did you claim hours for your non-taxable parts of the income as well? If you did, then more likely they would give you positive review, and you wouldn't have to worry about re-submission. At least for the purpose of CIO, we have confirmed that the CIO did indeed accept non-taxable Canadian incomes as 'salaries' for our work experience. Not sure if this would be true for VO though.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, AF___ only claimed 650 hours for taxable work experience through RA/TA, and did not even put the number of hours for his non-taxable parts (he included everything else in his letters though, except for the number of hours per week). And he already got his PER. Admittedly, he claimed eligibility points from his wife's credentials, so that's probably why his case was a bit more straight forward than yours.