19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
supergoldenfish said:
i think my application process is as slow as snowwalker...I am petty sure i will get an email next week...
Dude, can you post your nationality and number of applicants?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
I was wondering if it is OK to get a letter of attestation confirming two years of Ph.D. as well as good academic standing from the director of graduate studies???..apparently, my univ doesn't issue such letters from the registrar/dean :mad:
they said the director is equivalent..i'm confused!

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
TyrusX said:
I'm really sorry to hear that MappleDream. Do you mind sharing the reasons and the letter? Best course of action is to find whatever is wrong and reapply as soon as you can. I hope we can all help you to fix this ASAP.
I thought I could get the adaptability score, but no, I didn't get it. Anyway, the most important thing for me at the moment is my reserch, I'll reapply after my defence.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
anjuku said:
I was wondering if it is OK to get a letter of attestation confirming two years of Ph.D. as well as good academic standing from the director of graduate studies???..apparently, my univ doesn't issue such letters from the registrar/dean :mad:
they said the director is equivalent..i'm confused!
IT IS.

megha_Ontario

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Hi again! One silly question (or may be not :))

My application is almost complete. I am claiming 1 year of RA/TA as work exp. besides other work exp. for which I have a letter from employer. The thing is that my boss is on maternity leave and can give me ref. letter for RA/TA in 2nd week of April. So I am wondering if I can send my application now without the ref. letter and explain this in the cover letter or so?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
megha_Ontario said:
Hi again! One silly question (or may be not :))

My application is almost complete. I am claiming 1 year of RA/TA as work exp. besides other work exp. for which I have a letter from employer. The thing is that my boss is on maternity leave and can give me ref. letter for RA/TA in 2nd week of April. So I am wondering if I can send my application now without the ref. letter and explain this in the cover letter or so?
That is not advisable. Wait a week and send the best application you can.

YNS

Mar 22, 2012
asbereth said:
Holy crap!!! Congratulations :D !!! It took them 18 days to charge my credit card, and 50+ days for some of the earlier applicants!!! Hopefully the rest of the process will be much faster too :)
I hope so... :)

S

s.guo82

MapleDream said:
I thought I could get the adaptability score, but no, I didn't get it. Anyway, the most important thing for me at the moment is my reserch, I'll reapply after my defence.
We r in the same. boat, U did not get any adaptability point at all or those from spouse? I rely on the adaptability points for 2 years study,

Aaron2012

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s.guo82 said:
We r in the same. boat, U did not get any adaptability point at all or those from spouse? I rely on the adaptability points for 2 years study,
Hi, I double-checked the adaptability points for the applicants (like us) having 2 or more years of study in PhD program in a Canadian university. We can definitely claim 5 points. It's written in the operational manual.

However, I was still wondering why MapleDream's case on claiming adaptability points was not accepted.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Hey guys,
i have another question (again :p)..
so in the generic application form, where it says to write about dependants, it says to write about your spouse and all your children, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of canada...we have a 4 month old son who is a canadian citizen...so i'm assuming we don't have to include him here ???..am i right??...this takes me to the 3rd Q on the form- how many family members including you are in this application..i wrote 3 there because there is me, my husband and my son...but now i feel as if i should write 2 there (just me and hus)...can anyone please clarify?...in the instructions they tell us to include EVERYONE!..that's why i'm even more confused :D

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
anjuku said:
Hey guys,
so in the generic application form, where it says to write about dependants, it says to write about your spouse and all your children, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of canada...we have a 4 month old son who is a canadian citizen...so i'm assuming we don't have to include him here ???..am i right??...this takes me to the 3rd Q on the form- how many family members including you are in this application..i wrote 3 there because there is me, my husband and my son...but now i feel as if i should write 2 there (just me and hus)...can anyone please clarify?...in the instructions they tell us to include EVERYONE!..that's why i'm even more confused :D
Hi anjuku,
In my opinion, your child is still your dependent. Though born in canada, you still need to provide his information in the application. You can call CIC and get it confirmed.

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
anjuku said:
Hey guys,
Hi anjuku, I have already asked this question, and finally I got the answer, see below link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t98464.0.html
hope this helps

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
smallkick said:
Hi anjuku, I have already asked this question, and finally I got the answer, see below link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t98464.0.html
hope this helps
thanks smallkick!
That definitely helped...!